[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can I get some tips for this game? I'm new to RTS (a little

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: RISE OF NATIONS EE.jpg (44KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
RISE OF NATIONS EE.jpg
44KB, 460x215px
Can I get some tips for this game? I'm new to RTS (a little bit of AoE2 back in the day) and I find the game very enjoyable. The problem I find is that easy is too easy, but moderate I get my shit kicked in. It's the nonstop raids that get me, I'm able to hold them off for the first wave or two, but after that it becomes too much.

After watching my replay footage, it seems that I try to expand too early, therefore not being able to protect my cities as I go along.

I've been playing as the Russians a good bit for the attrition damage, but usually I random a civ.

About to do a 1v2 against two easy AI and see how that goes.

RoN thread.
>>
I find that once air superiority becomes a factor, it's all important. By modern ages all of my home defense is done via jet, and my actual attacks are usually some soldiers and artillery forever.
>>
>>383054459
Gotcha. Usually I'll send some stealth bombers in, to raze enemy buildings (mostly military buildings to stop them from spawning more enemies). I have noticed that air superiority can win or lose the fight.
>>
What is the best unit and why is it Fire Lances?
>>
>>383052492
There's an active online community for this game still? I wanted to get into this game's multiplayer at some point, but given how old the game is I figured the multi was pretty much dead.
>>
>>383052492
If you're playing against the AI all you have to do is spam cannons and siege down their stuff. Also using fast moving units(scouts or cavalry iirc) you can send them ahead of your army running past their troops and the retards go chasing them. meaning you can pull large portions of their army away chasing them while you're doing other stuff with your army.
>>
It varies on a nation by nation basis but on Moderate AI the AI will usually only send armies of varying sizes and never usually too early. What this means for you is that if you can get a small army up within 10 minutes, you can hold off the AI until you have an overwhelming advantage. General tips:

1) Your first techs should be Science and then Culture for the extra city. You need to get an extra city up within a few minutes of the start.

2) Look for rocks, mountains, and other dead-giveaways of resources when placing your cities. Terrain can actually provide advantage to a city.

3) Granaries, Lumber Mills and Smelters later on are extremely powerful economic multipliers. Science makes all other research cheaper anyway, so rushing for this makes your nation economically more powerful, technologically more advanced, much faster. These translate into faster age advances and that means better weapons faster.

I usually am about 2 ages ahead of my nearest competitor on Tough by the time I hit the Industrial Age. You should always try to get to that first and when you do, buy all the oil on the market, it will drive up the price for everyone else.
>>
>>383056540
>>383056475
Awesome, thanks for the tips. I've been using the market a lot more now that I have the prices displayed in my HUD. and I always go science first. I'll have to try getting an early army. Usually I don't start it until 10-15 minutes after I get my economy up.

>>383056054
When my friend and I play there's usually always at least one or two public games going on.
>>
>>383052492
I've played campaign couple of months ago, which is basicly skirmish. Every mission was rapid development, while building small forces to defend. Usually I had 3-4 cities and you don't need to expand so much cause of economy caps. After that I just send waves and waves of forces until I take all their cities. So yeah, you need 3-4 baracks close to the frontline.
>>
>>383052492
>outtech the enemy
>build 2 or 3 of each unit factory
>get high resource income
>set factory rally points to enemy base
>overwhelm them with endless conga-lines of units
Pretty much about it.
>>
Well I won 1v2 with Wonder victory. Felt kind of cheap but whatever I guess. I'll try moderate tonight when I get home from works. Thanks for all the help everyone.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.