[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Seriously what's the thing that's making JRPGs suck?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: 1475432698980.jpg (891KB, 1107x900px) Image search: [Google]
1475432698980.jpg
891KB, 1107x900px
Seriously what's the thing that's making JRPGs suck?

>GAMEPLAY!
Persona 5 proved that turn based gameplay with the generic Fire on Fire Weakness, Ice on Ice Weakness still works as good gameplay. However, newer games such as FFXV gets shit on for it's action styled gameplay.
>Characters are shit
Persona 5 has the most weeb and shallow characters of all time. Nothing wrong with characters

The solution is simple, JRPGs need to be more Persona 5 with weeb, angst, grim dark shit, and outdated gameplay to be good.
>>
What is that JRPG on the right?
>>
>>383050051
Fairy Fencer F.
>>
>>383049919
the whole reason FFXV has real-time, actiony gameplay is because that's what squeenix thinks westerners like
it's that same reason why we'll never get DQX (they think we won't like it) and why they hesitated to bring DQXI to the west
>>
>>383049919

> persona 5

> good gameplay

> """characters dont matter in JRPGs"""

You dont know what youre talking about anon
>>
Last Jrpg I played and actually liked was suikoden 2

Why are the ps1 era jrpgs so fucking good?
>>
>>383050158
Is trash bro.
>>
Pandering really.
>Waifu shit encouraging developers to plague their shit with fake love options.
>Slap some fanservice on a game, no one gives a shit about quality animation.
>Anime shit.
>Idol culture everywhere

The nips target audience are the weebs, and it's working. Compile Heart, Gust, shit companies selling hot cakes on minimum effort games. Look at how shit Tales of Berseria looks and yet it's being praised everywhere. Valkyrie Revolution just got permanently fucked because developers didn't know why their audience bought the games in the first place.
>>
>>383050158
What is that JRPG on the left?
>>
>>383051542
Smaller teams with smaller budgets and more focused goals.
Though there are some handheld JRPGs that released in the last decade or so that're really good.
>>
>>383051701
Fairy Fencer F
>>
>>383051601

>Look at how shit Tales of Berseria looks and yet it's being praised everywhere.

That's mostly because it's the first decent Tales game in years. Tales fans are starving.
>>
>>383051767
>>383050158
Anon, you need to know your left from your right.
>>
>>383051996
It's the same game my dude
>>
>>383051542
not worrying about mass appeal,small teams so they actually care about what there working on
>>
>>383049919
This bait is years old.

But really I don't think there's anything currently "wrong" with JRPGs that isn't wrong with every other genre. There's a lot of garbage and only a few diamonds, same as always.
>>
>>383052029

Like every jrpg I can think of that I've played on the ps1 were great, even the obscure ones.

And don't give me the nostalgia or casual crap, ever since I was young I could tell shit games apart.
>>
>>383052029
Small teams are shit. It just ends up as mobile games and/or shitty indie rpgs that try to pass as a classic game.
>>
File: 978055237.jpg (27KB, 237x384px) Image search: [Google]
978055237.jpg
27KB, 237x384px
>>383049919
Nothing.

JRPGs are just pandering to the same audiences and market for the past 20 years. The same players that played Chrono Trigger and Xenogears are now playing Neptunia.

Tastes in the market changed from wanting shonen shit with power levels and explosions to cute girls doing cute things!

Since today's 12-16 year old cares more about shooting and MOBAs then they do about longer games like JRPGs, there's no market there anymore.

Toss a classic like Xenogears to an average 14 year old today and you'll bore him to death.
>>
>>383051601
Wow, this anon really knows what's going on. I couldn't agree more.

What was the peak of JRPGS in your opinion?
>>
>>383053250
NEPTUNIA!
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.