[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

No matter what you say and how big they stamp "Zelda"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 252
Thread images: 31

File: Daily1.jpg (99KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Daily1.jpg
99KB, 1280x720px
No matter what you say and how big they stamp "Zelda" on BOTW box, this game killed its own franchise.

And got away with 97/100 metascore
>>
if anything, it revived the franchise back to what it was supposed to fucking be in the first place. As much as I like OoT, its formula killed the series and each game after MM was a huge step down.
>>
>>383041364
>this game killed its own franchise
Explain.
>>
>No matter what you say and how big they stamp "Zelda" on BOTW box, this game killed its own franchise.
Looks like you posted the wrong image bucko
>>
>>383041364
So this is another MGSV the phantom game?
>>
>>383041528
First post, fucking best post.
>>
>>383041616
Except Majora's Mask got released before that turd.
>>
>>383041616
Think again, sunshine!
>>
>>383041364
How the fuck do you even believe that? It made Zelda relevant again
>>
I'd argue it's the first ever well designed open world game if you're not a mouth breather. It was actually worth a playthrough
>>
>>383041364
Zelda can't be killed, they can shit stuff like Tri Force heroes and still get away with it.

BOTW is a much better game than Skyward Sword, Skyward only had better dungeons and story
>>
You had 20+ fucking years of the LttP formula, just go back and replay those games if you miss them so goddamn much.
>>
>>383041528
this.
>>
>killed its own franchise
people said that about Zelda 2
and MM
and WW
and TP
and SS
>>
>>383041364
What the fuck am I even reading?
>>
>>383041364
Are you retarded?
>>
/v/ is the only place I've seen on the entire Internet that seems to unanimously dislike Breath of the Wild, whereas everyone else can't stop singing praises for it. Why is that?
>>
>>383042184
/v/ loves BotW, it just also makes good shitposting material since its popular and gets (You)s
>>
>>383042184
do you use generalizations to express yourself breh?
>>
>>383042184
/v/ loves playing the contrarian.
If people around the world started saying that eating shit is the worst activity ever, /v/ would proceed to start eating shit out of spite.
>>
>>383042059
>people said that about Zelda 2
No they didn't. Zelda 2 was incredibly well-received when it came out.
>>
>>383041528
Nailed it.
>>
File: IMG_1152.jpg (121KB, 700x913px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1152.jpg
121KB, 700x913px
>>383041364

>Killed

were people this pessimistic about Ocarina of Time because it actually did something with the series?
>>
>>383042184
I absolutely fucking love how Nintendo exists as an unfathomable enigma to the clueless kiddies of /v/.

Watching the faces of the young, uneducated faggots here contort in anger, confusion and rage as Nintendo stand resolute as an unshakeable behemoth in the video game landscape, continually receiving an outpouring of adulation. It fills me with an endless joy.
>>
>>383041529
>Play it and watch the credits roll
>Go back to earlier installments like OoT, MM, Wind Waker
>realizes they had something else that kept you coming back over and over for years, and BotW simply lacks it
>realizes it is all about good design choices and good pacing in level design (mostly dungeons)
>even the boredom of Great Sea or (empty as fuck) Hyrule Field from OoT feels magnificent when you put them next to a vast expanse of nothing but koroks and micro dungeons
>not even the bosses can save it, they're copy-pasted to exaustion with very few variations in recolor versions to be called "new enemy designs"
>Divine beasts are pitiful attempts to bring anything closer to a dungeon. No important items scattered around to make you explore it and solve each puzzle, just a straight way to the boss room and a few treasure boxes with common, breakable equipment
>the ending is undewhelming as fuck and so is the story
>very few likable characters, very few moments where you feel attached to anything
>forgettable OST with 2-3 original themes that aren't remixes or random piano notes (makes me wonder what happened to Koji Kondo)

Sorry the long ass text wall, but that's it
>>
>>383042881
>makes me wonder what happened to Koji Kondo
He's stuck teaching the younger people. He actually wants to do music for new Nintendo games, but they won't let him.
>>
>>383041963
>only had better dungeons and story
that technically makes it better than BotW, which had none of both
>>
File: Stop Invincible Kek.gif (3MB, 640x266px) Image search: [Google]
Stop Invincible Kek.gif
3MB, 640x266px
>>383042881
>realizes they had something else that kept you coming back over and over for years, and BotW simply lacks it
I've put 300 hours into this game.

Why are you pretending that your subjective thoughts are objective?
>>
>>383043160
Just because you have pleb taste doesn't mean everyone else does, sweetie
>>
>>383043160
I've put 400 hours into Pokémon Shuffle

what did you mean? Are bad games supposed to become good if you put too much time into them?
>>
>>383043468
why would you put 400 hours into a game if you didn't enjoy it?
>>
>>383042881
Yeah each game's different, but you repeating the words 'soulless' and 'nothing' isnt an argument. You're being hysterical.
>>
>>383043468
>I put 400 hours into this game I think is bad
That's kind of stupid.
>>
>>383043567
being popular or addicting in some way doesn't mean they have quality when put next to other entries. They're just long enough to hold you for good 400 hours.
>>
File: v_inThe90s-1.jpg (2MB, 1000x4212px) Image search: [Google]
v_inThe90s-1.jpg
2MB, 1000x4212px
>>383042495
If /v/ had been around at the time probably yes.
>>
Whoever thought it was a good idea to have you using stupid clubs for half the game should be horse whipped. Those dungeons are cookie cutter too with palette swapped Ganon bosses. OoT was way more unique and had better items .
>>
>>383041963
Confirmed for not having actually played TFH with 3 players. It's actually an incredibly clever game, much more engaging than either of the Four Swords games too.

>>383042881
>>383044049
Do you actually have brain damage? Serious question
>>
>>383044049
>addicting
THE WORD IS FUCKING ADDICTIVE FUCK YOU THIS TRIGGERS ME EVERY TIME
>>
>>383044230
This image is perfect.
>>
>>383044230
Those SM64 points are all 100% correct though.
>>
>>383041364
>Those dungeons are cookie cutter too
>I didn't play the game
>>
>>383044230
Its sad how true this image is.
>>
>>383041664
No, Zelda was not as story focused as a game like metal gear.
>>
>>383045545
>>383045938
Kids.
>>
File: 1498939185624.gif (3MB, 186x186px) Image search: [Google]
1498939185624.gif
3MB, 186x186px
>>383044230
because we all know dan houser is the be all, end all authority on 3d video game creation

that motherfucker has zero business talking shit about lying at all, let alone alongside some warped ass opinion he probably doesn't even hold anymore

also whoever made that image picked some really, really stupid games to use for comparison to zelda & mario, tomb raider is kind of reasonable i guess but fucking jumping flash? seriously? who the fuck is this trying to fool, jesus
>>
>>383046340
I'm 31. I remember when SM64 came out and I remember not liking it or being impressed by it.
>>
>>383046924
>I remember when SM64 came out and I remember not liking it or being impressed by it.
>>
>>383046924
>31 and still posts on 4chan

maybe you've just had crippling depression for your entire life and are blaming that on the game
>>
>>383047376
I wasn't. I also wasn't impressed by OoT. I played both on demo units and determined they weren't worth getting an N64 for. If it makes you feel any better, none of what the PS1 offered up on demo units made me want to get a PS1 either.

>>383047487
"Don't forget, you're here forever" isn't just a meme, anon. As shit as /v/ is, every other site is worse.
>>
>>383041364
These kinds of threads are funny to me, because Ocarina of Time had the exact same kind of reaction

>It's not 2D overhead, it's not Zelda, Bawww!
>It doesn't have huge dungeons and my weapons break, it's not Zelda, bawww!

Get the fuck over yourselves. The game's great, and the closest Zelda's ever been to capturing the feel of the original.
>>
File: 1498418125254.jpg (65KB, 770x702px) Image search: [Google]
1498418125254.jpg
65KB, 770x702px
>>383046924
i'm 32 and got it for christmas along with a 64, and honestly, the tricks my family played on me about the gift were more memorable than SM64 itself

i don't hate it or anything but it didn't blow my mind at the time the way some earlier and later released games did, although i can respect it being 10/10 for some at the time, if only because some people around our age back then didn't really have access to much more than staple series like a mario or a zelda, so of course it was like this massive game changer in their eyes

it was a different, better time..

>inb4 some underage b& tries to tell me i'm wrong for being me
i know, save your post for someone who doesn't, little faggot
>>
>>383047487
Actually I just turned 40 and I still post here. But I would lying if I said it wasn't a total fucking embarrassment listen to the retarded children on here talking absolute shit about gaming when they clearly don't even understand it.
>>
>>383042881

So you're saying you have literally nothing to support your argument, just
>It doesn't FEEL the same, MAN
>>
File: 1497221545257.jpg (29KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
1497221545257.jpg
29KB, 480x640px
>>383047631
>I played both on demo units and determined they weren't worth getting an N64 for.

So you haven't even played them then. Good to know your opinion is fucking useless.
>>
>>383042881
>a vast expanse of nothing but koroks and micro dungeons
Koroks and micro dungeons are things. You make no sense.
>>
>>383047759
I think a lot of it has to do with it being the first video game people of a certain age on /v/ played, especially if it was the only game they had for quite some time. Of course a game like that would leave a strong impression on you. Just like how if you got an SNES with SMW as your first console and game you'd be blown away by that.

I'm probably different because I started out playing several games on the NES that my older brother had already played to death, and then when we got an SNES a couple years later I thought it was awesome but wasn't as blown away as most people were. Then the N64 comes around and I don't see anything on it I'm interested in enough to make the jump.

>>383048136
I have played them. Don't be salty because my opinion and experience are different from yours.
>>
>>383047752
>the closest Zelda's ever been to capturing the feel of the original.
literally the first vidya i ever completed by myself and i completely disagree with you

i played botw for all of maybe 5 hours total before i decided it wasn't worth further investment, because it felt like it was trying to scramble away from actually being like a zelda game the entire time while retaining the atmospheric elements that call for a loz game, like it was trying to do too much at once for what is a pretty fucking simple franchise at its heart

took a little too much inspiration from the current climate and hurt itself all the more in doing so it wasn't awful and this thread kind of makes me want to play it again but if i can play a game for more than a couple of hours and it doesn't have me hooked, it's not 10/10 imo, zelda, mario, whatever; getting it's hooks into you early on is the staple of a masterpiece and nintendo has been failing on that front left and right for years now am hopeful for samus returns though
>>
>>383041528

I agree with this, but only on a certain ground.

Ocarina may have affected the Zelda series negatively, but i wouldn't say Oot's formula killed the FRANCHISE.

That's a little vague considering ALTTP style Zeldas have literally been released every couple of years since the 90s. No we haven't had a game so similar to the original Zelda 1 before this, but Ocarina of Time only killed the 3D Zeldas, which is essentially only a third of the franchise, maybe even less.

>each game after MM was a huge step down.

You can't argue against the 3D Zeldas but then bash the only one that tried to capture the original Zelda gameplay (The Wind Waker)
>>
>>383048491
WW didn't really take it far enough, it still followed a linear progression and its dungeons still followed the LttP/OoT formula.
>>
>>383041364
One can only hope they keep giving us real Zeda games via portable experiences.
>>
>>383048491
how could the first 3d zelda kill 3d zelda games you cretinous blob?
>>
>>383048474
>Don't be salty because my opinion and experience are different from yours

You don't HAVE an opinion, that's the problem. You openly admit that you, what, stood in a department store and played both games for 5 or 10 minutes and based your opinion on that? And you thought the PS1 was a shit console?

Sounds like you just don't like gaming. Or you're some deluded PCfag.
>>
File: Barry.jpg (189KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Barry.jpg
189KB, 1280x720px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOC3vixnj_0&ab_channel=Egoraptor

Was he right?
I have only played through Ocarina of Time once a few years ago on the 3DS and I thought it was pretty good, but I don't understand why it's still considered one of the best games of all time

I have purposely avoided information on Breath of the Wild other than a few trailers,
as I plan on playing it in the near future,
it looks a lot more interesting to me, a lot more like the original.
>>
>>383042836
>this post
Was it autism?
>>
>>383041364
>It's not exactly like every other game in the series, so it's not a game in said series

That's the most retarded logic.

Did you hate Yellow Submarine because it's not enough like Hard Day's Night, too?
>>
>>383044230
>thinking what Dan Houser says matters
At first i thought that pic was made by some kid who was trying to get some (You)s but now i see it was made by a assshattered fanboy
>>
File: 1423307804369.gif (126KB, 306x220px) Image search: [Google]
1423307804369.gif
126KB, 306x220px
>>383041364
all this salt KEK

Protip real fans of zelda love this fucking game.

hell i know people who have been around long enough to have played every single one including the nes games, that love botw
>>
>>383049478
Seething.
>>
>>383049056

It's not difficult to understand. It killed them because each game tried to top Ocarina and beat it at it's own game, instead of innovating and actually catering to the original Zelda idea of what Zelda is.

This was mostly exemplified in Skyward Sword, which was honestly the final straw

>master sword? check
>lots of pretty music? check
>floating, magical companion? check
>big dungeons that use a specific item found in said dungeon? check
>well, looks like we've ticked all the boxes for a ZELDA game!

it's a shame they forgot to make an open ended, non-linear adventure game based on exploration and discovery. Which, before Ocarina, should have been the fucking priority.

None of the 3D Zelda games are bad imo (except skyward sword) but each game strayed further from what Zelda was at its core.
>>
>>383042881
This guy speaks the truth.
>>
>>383041364
The franchise was already almost dead.
3D Zelda has only gone downhill since the beginning, and was filled with terrible combat, boring filler content, and an overall boring story.
>>
>>383049315
>I don't understand why it's still considered one of the best games of all time

Have you ever heard of the expression "Standing On The Shoulders Of Giants"? OoT's legacy is assured because it stands as a major milestone in gaming history.
>>
>>383049612
Yes Zeldafags are seething when they cant handle criticism and have to use a Dan House quote to hide their asspain
>>
>>383047752
This
>>
I sold it within about 10 hours of play time and have put the money down for Splatoon 2 instead. It was nothing like Zelda, just yet more soulless open world garbage.
>>
>>383049938
I'm pretty sure (most) Zelda fans are quite happy playing one of the best games in years while /v/ continues to shit post every day in a desperate attempt to convince themselves it's not true.
>>
>>383049315
No, he's still a rose-tinted goggle wearing faggot who either bitches about subjective gameplay styles that he doesn't like, or deliberately misrepresents facts in order to paint Alttp in a better light than OoT. The only true thing he said in the entire video is that OoT isn't perfect, and that SS is shit
>>
>>383050191
>Zelda fans
Yes the people who would slurp anything that the franchise makes think its the best thing ever while people who arent fanboys say its not, really activated my almods
>>
>>383050364
>only the people who agree with me are right

wew lad, you sound REALLY upset about it
>>
I do t get all these assholes saying "its like the original". Did you even play the original? The gameplay and progression didn't hinge on so.ething as asanine as weapon breaking and it had real dungeons. The fight with Gabon was more than just him sitting there doing nothing too.
>>
>>383050484
>only the people who agree with me are right
The argument goes both ways junior
>>
How is ALBW?
>>
File: truth about loz games.png (40KB, 922x279px) Image search: [Google]
truth about loz games.png
40KB, 922x279px
>people will retroactively shit on OoT just to feel better about BOTW being a big repetitive mess
>>
Name 1 (one) good Zelda game since BotW. You literally can't. See, it killed the franchise.
>>
>>383049130
In those days, demo units were one of the only ways to try out new games and systems before you got them. You could go over to a friend's house, but you were also relying on them having the new hardware and games. I played the N64 at several friends' houses and I never played anything that made me actually want one until I played Paper Mario in 2001. If a game couldn't engage the player within 20 or so minutes on a demo unit, it wasn't worth wanting.

PS1 demo units had trash like Crash Bandicoot, Spyro, and Ape Escape on them. Maybe if they had demos for stuff like Symphony of the Night I would have cared.
>>
>>383050681
And the assmad only one.

Sorry that people thinking a game is good upset you so much. Autism is a scourge.
>>
>>383050753
it's literally New Super Legend of Zelda, but without any new additions that really make it stand out and an incoherent story. Just play ALTTP instead
>>
BotW killed Zelda th esame way MGS3 "killed" MGS. They threw in and changed so much shit that they can't just get rid of so easily.
>>
>>383049910
Ok, that was probably not the best way I could have worded it, I understand that it was a major part of gaming history, and as I say, I did enjoy it, but whether or not it holds up today as well as it did back then is another matter.

But the OP says that BoTW killed the franchise, which simply isn't true, no matter how you look at it. To me (someone who hasn't played BoTW) BoTW seems like the natural progression in the series.
>>
>>383050753
It's great.
>>
>>383050917
>And the assmad only one.
Im pretty sure you were the one who first got mad because someone didnt like your game

Sorry that people thinking a game is not that good upset you so much. Autism is a scourge.
>>
>>383051124
Only replied to you in the thread. Does autism makes one unable t understand that there are multiple posters in 4 chan threads, or it's a personnal failur eon your part?
>>
>>383050870
>PS1 demo units had trash like Crash Bandicoot, Spyro, and Ape Escape on them.

Well, I can see where you're coming from.
>>
>>383051367
>Only replied to you in the thread
Yes and you replied to me because i didnt like your game. Does autism makes one unable to understand that there are multiple posters in 4 chan threads, or it's a personnal failure on your part? See i even fixed some mistakes in your post, being so mad is making you type wrong
>>
>>383051003

>without any new additions that really make it stand out

fuck you, the wall travelling amulet was literally the only new gimmick in a Zelda game that worked in favour of the experience. Albw is literally the best handheld Zelda game and the story made perfect sense. I don't know what was so difficult for you to understand about the story.
>>
>>383041364

Really grinds the nuts that the next few Zeldas are all going to be all aimless dull "muh emergent gameplay" rehashes with a non-existent narrative. Can't wait for a different version of korok seeds and even more features that've existed in open world games for years but now it's fresh and innovative because Nintendo.
>>
>>383041528
No
>>
>>383042881
I agree that BotW is flawed in some aspects but you don't explain how its killed the franchise. In its flawed state its already drawn the attention of players and critics alike and all Nintendo has to do is make another Zelda game that addresses/improves one or many of BotW's flaws and you have people invested again.
>>
>>383052357
>all aimless dull "muh emergent gameplay" rehashes

I mean
That's LITERALLY what Zelda was always supposed to be about.

Zelda 1 was absolutely that
Zelda 2 was that.
Link To the Past was that, after a point.
It wasn't until OOT that they went full linear. And even that was supposed to be a version of that. That's why Majora's Mask was designed the way it was; to give opportunity for exploration, experimentation and discovery (THE DEFINITION OF EMERGENT GAMEPLAY) in a large scale, within the small scope of the capabilities of the N64 hardware.

Zelda, in some form or other, and sadly diminishing over time, was always about emergent gameplay.

If you want a linear Zelda game, play Metroid.
And hey, would you look at that, even Metroid has emergent gameplay! What the fuck do you think sequence breaking is?
>>
>>383052357
>Really grinds the nuts that the next few Zeldas are all going to be all aimless dull "muh emergent gameplay" rehashes with a non-existent narrative.
Good. Fuck stories, Zelda needs to be about exploration and survival.
>>
>>383052290
The wall-traveling had next to no purpose other than navigating around certain obstacles, and even then it's woefully under utilize
>can't attack
>can only move along an horizontal plane, never vertical
>no enemies or obstacles during wall areas, only used to get past crushing pillars or go through grates
>because of the models/characters being skewed to match ALTTP's camera angle, changing into wall-travel mode makes everything stand out horribly
I'm convinced the entire wall gimmick was a tech demo they were working on for Mario Odyssey since you do basically the same thing there, but to a much better degree since it functions like an actual 2D Mario game

>Albw is literally the best handheld Zelda game and the story made perfect sense. I don't know what was so difficult for you to understand about the story.
The Oracles are the best handheld Zeldas, and the story there actually works instead of ALBW's
>all the sage descendants are based on OoT's sages when the game is an ALTTP sequel
>despite being OoT sage descendants, most of them are just plain humans and not part of the respective OoT species
>everything about Lorule's retarded inverted Triforce existing in the first place
>Lorule being not-Dark World is never talked about or mentioned, you're just supposed to roll with it
They should've just made it an ALTTP remaster and not a new game when it's so clearly aping the original
>>
>>383054592
I agree, there's not enough open-world survival games.
Maybe nintendo can add something innovative like crafting. And it'd be cool if reDeads roamed around and attacked your customized base too.
>>
>>383041364
this game just needs more actual "zelda content" as in dungeons and unique monsters / bosses
the gameplay is still golden just you need to allow players to do more stuff with it
>>
TP and most of SS were absolute shit, I'm not sure why people are pretending they were good now just to spite BotW.
>>
File: Legend of Zelda, The.jpg (315KB, 550x785px) Image search: [Google]
Legend of Zelda, The.jpg
315KB, 550x785px
>>383055261
I know, there's no possible way Zelda could work as an open-world survival game.
>>
>>383041364
It made some steps in the right direction after shit like SS
>>
>>383053709

>That's LITERALLY what Zelda was always supposed to be about.

No one should care about what Zelda should and shouldn't be. BotW's design simply lazy. Now they realized, well we can just make a world with a few distinct set pieces (island, forest, pitch black zones, mazes) and then just plop down enemies/chests/camps/korokseeds like we're throwing darts at the map. Only a handful of shrines took actual effort to construct in terms of accessing them. Everything else follows the open world meme, next Zelda might as well be Assassin's Creed: zelda edition with a korok seed 2.0 mask to find all the riveting content.
>>
>>383041364
Nintendo always does this
When they want to travel in a new direction, they release a "proof of concept/hardware test" game to see if it will sell when they go balls deep.
>>
>>383057125
>No one should care about what Zelda should and shouldn't be.
Nintendo should, because continuing to follow the OoT path was killing the fucking franchise. Zelda used to be a phenomenon. Thanks to BotW, it is again.
>>
>>383057125
>BotW's design simply lazy.
I disagree, and anyone who knows anything about game design disagrees.

Zelda is open world. Zelda used to be, and should always have been open world. And BoTW is the single best example of an open-world game made so far.

It's not Zelda's fault that Ubisoft churned these games out and ruined the genre for everybody, and comparing BoTW to any Ubisoft game only shows how little you actually know about the game, the genre, and the game's design philosophy.

You're basically saying Super Mario 64 sucks, and you know because you've played enough Bubsy 3D to know 3D platformers will always be shit.
>>
>>383057125
>BotW's design simply lazy.
How clueless can you get?
>>
File: 1498620902973.webm (3MB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
1498620902973.webm
3MB, 854x480px
>>383057125
>BOTW
>lazy design

how can people even say that with a straight face?
>>
Okay /v/, I wanna get an insight into the game but can't afford to buy a Switch and Zelda at the moment.
Can anyone hook me up with a decent let's play or something similar?
>>
>>383061175

Watching a let's play or a gameplay video takes away from the experience immensely. Go into it blind or don't bother, the world is barren but discovering shit for the first time you didn't expect is incredibly fun and you'd fuck it up by watching hours of someone else play it.
>>
>>383061175
If you're really desperate for an insight, watch last years Nintendo E3 footage. The only part of the game shown is the starting area and it's largely spoiler free.
>>
>>383042347
What do you get for a you?
>>
>>383041528
I still think Twilight Princess is the better 3d game, after BoTW. BoTW reigns supreme though
>>
>>383042495
>biggest, most universally successful game this year is making waves
You are a contrarian faggot.
>>
>>383060007
Especially when other high tier game developers are even admitting it's the new bar.
>>
>>383044230
Anyone with taste (aka played arcade games) didn't get impressed by those titles.
>>
File: 2690966-5751415728-Snape.gif (491KB, 500x182px) Image search: [Google]
2690966-5751415728-Snape.gif
491KB, 500x182px
>>383063451
>Anyone with taste didn't get impressed by Super Mario 64 or OoT.

Wrong. It's clueless plebs like you, who understand next to fuck about game design, which weren't impressed.
>>
>>383044418
I own TFH and did it twice, im at the dlc

I was playing with some kid in thailand, being canadian it was fun to have a huge inpuit lag
>>
File: literallyawaifu.gif (355KB, 500x245px) Image search: [Google]
literallyawaifu.gif
355KB, 500x245px
>>383041364
you mean revived as fuck.

It bought a FUCKTON to the table for nintendo to play with.
>story
we can now have future inventions because shiekah. Zelda was a good deep intro character, with daddy issues and self hate, so we can get much deeper story lines and link had family as well.
>combat
was FRESH as fuck, definitely the best so far, allows nintendo to invent much more in the future

and with the joycons, imagine a SWITCH INTEGRATED ZELDA

Botw was a PORT. imagine what nintendo could do with the joycons, in an open world...
>>
>>383062431
>annoying sidekick
>suddenly Ganondorf, just in the end
>temples don't feel like temples
>wolf sections
>shitty and uninteresting NPC

Yeah no.
>>
>>383066281
holy shit

Fuck im hype for the next zelda. Imagine solving dungeons by HD RUMBLE, listening to large enemies. Or using IR camera for pointing on screen for puzzles
>>
>>383041528
This is the truth and OP is a shaved faggot.
>>
>>383041528
This.
>>
File: wind waker ending.png (346KB, 900x867px) Image search: [Google]
wind waker ending.png
346KB, 900x867px
>>383044230
>everything leads to another star
I get what you're trying to do here, but you're completely missing the point of the "everything leads to a shrine" critique.
The Stars were the rewards, while the shrines are the challenge. The stars are more comparable to the Spirit Orbs that you get in the shrines, but nobody complains about the spirit orbs. The best you'll get are people saying they just so happen to not like buying heart containers as much as making them with pieces.
The problem with the shrines is that they all have the same music and aesthetics, a good third of them are filler and have their challenges completely divorced from the overworld, you could probable scramble the what shrine leads to what challenge in future playthroughs and most players wouldn't be able to tell the difference, they all feel the same.
In Mario 64, the stars are a natural extension of the game. Each challenge, yes, even the red coin, and 100 coin challenge are informed by the stages' environment; while in BotW, the shrines might as well be a part of a completely different game. You basically go from playing a Red Dead-y, Witcher-y, Zelda-y action adventure game with light RPG and survival elements to an indie physics puzzler like Portal or The Talos Principle, they don't even let you climb walls or use the spells you get as a replacement for dungeon items.
>>
>>383041364
i dont think it feels zeldaesque if that makes sense. its a shift in another direction, obviously thats going to upset the old fans.
>>
Anyone else not impressed by the physics? You always see people posting those webms of apparently crazy ways you can use/exploit the game engine...But it's really not that interesting, it's not like those super fancy physics manipulations are a big part of the game. It gets boring fast doing fancy tricks
>>
>>383044230
In which way was BotW as groundbreaking or set standards like SM64 or OoT did?
>>
>>383069696
They're nice but that's it.

Valve made a physics engine and they keep (or rather kept) using the same small puzzles which show you that the game has physics
>>
How do I set this up for CEMU.

Anyone got a good 4k graphic pack?
>>
>>383069789

They think that because of the overhyped physics engine that gets fucking boring within 20 minutes
>>
>>383066725
>midna
>annoying sidekick

Fuck you.
>>
File: k-512-668-387.jpg (54KB, 668x387px) Image search: [Google]
k-512-668-387.jpg
54KB, 668x387px
I hope that they do a MM-model Zelda game on the Switch, relatively soon.

From what I've seen the engine looks to be amazing and the interactivity unrivaled but what looked lacking is the story/ dungeons and variety in quest-given activity.
>>
>>383041364
>Zelda's dead because BOTW
>BOTW was major critical and financial success
>Carried the switch to what amount of success it has had
>People are still playing it and buying the dlc
>It's dead because I don't like it and everyone must secretly agree with me
>Surely Nintendo won't make another one because my opinion is important
>>
>>383071267
>People are still playing it

Why? I mean it's good and I don't know how many hours I put into it but after I found every shrine, I stopped playing.
>>
How do I get the game + update + DLC to work on CEMU?
>>
File: imacca.jpg (64KB, 680x220px) Image search: [Google]
imacca.jpg
64KB, 680x220px
>>383069789

You'll never win this argument no matter how much you stomp your feet in denial and cry.

In most open world games getting to an objective requires nothing more than pointing your character in the right direction on your minimap and moving along a flat trajectory.

In BotW, verticality adds a depth to topographical exploration and navigating the world becomes an interactive and reactive exercise. Seeing an object of interest in the distance requires you to figure out how you will get there, and the game design allows the player to approach situations in their own way and let's them fashion their own solutions depending on the resources they have and/or how they want to play.

Will you climb over the mountains? Maybe equip your climbing gear? Maybe brew some stamina or speeds boosts before you go - that way you can climb quicker and still keep your most powerful armour on. But what about the climate? It's freezing up there. Will you acquire some warmer clothes? Or maybe equip a flame weapon to keep the cold away?

Or maybe you should cross over the low lands? Take a horse perhaps? More chance of enemy encounters or running into assassins though. Maybe you could chop a tree down and fashion a makeshift raft and sail it down river?

The focus on player agency and interactivity is unparalleled in any open world game. Some creative folks even made a fucking flying machine out of junk lying around.

The sheer amount of freedom and experimentation within a world where the systems of interactivity are all intricately connected means that every player will have THEIR own unique gaming experience.

It's takes an extraordinary amount of confidence for a developer to say to a player; go ahead, do whatever you want, it's all good. Most game designers would be utterly terrified to give players such freedom out of fear they would break the game.

>b-but you can climb things in Mine craft!

tldr; BotW is a new milestone in gaming.
>>
>>383072148
Is this copypasta? I'm not going to take time for a serious reply if it's pasta
>>
>>383072418
Are you just going to shitpost a reply?

>inb4 b-but other games let you do that! It rains in GTA!

Please don't bother.
>>
File: 1468699763899.png (126KB, 499x416px) Image search: [Google]
1468699763899.png
126KB, 499x416px
>>383041364
It didn't kill the franchise, but it probably killed the formula. Judging by the asshats who keep saying the formula got stale because of one shitty on rails game that was on the fucking Wii.
So thank you for that, people who don't actually like Zelda games.
>>
File: 1493012409655.gif (1005KB, 209x229px) Image search: [Google]
1493012409655.gif
1005KB, 209x229px
>>383041528
If you think OoT ruined the formula, you probably didn't like Zelda games to begin with. A couple extra cut scenes didn't ruin the formula you fucking dumbass twats.
>>
>>383072726
It didn't kill the formula. Nintendo are just giving it a rest. And who can blame them? People have moaned for years that they wanted a shake up of the franchise. Nintendo were damned if they do, damned if they don't.

Every Zelda game brings something unique to the table and the next one will too. There will NOT be a BotW 2.
>>
File: 1498950406052.jpg (78KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
1498950406052.jpg
78KB, 750x750px
>>383072609
>Are you just going to shitpost a reply?
If it's pasta, yes.

>>inb4 b-but other games let you do that! It rains in GTA!
Or I won't bother if you're going to be a bitch who puts words into my mouth
>>
>>383073098
But they've already said open world is now the future of Zelda.
>>
>>383073942
For now. They'll change their mind in a game or two.
>>
>>383060007

It is. Nothing changes the fact that the world, for the most part, was populated haphazardly. Sidequests rarely, if ever, take advantage of geography of the zones. Barely in the open world ever changes because of sidequests, exclusing the main story quests. Korok seeds are placed all over the area, many of them as pure afterthought because tiny wood people xd. A good chunk of shrines are merely rewards for doing sidequests, another chunk are deathmatches, another chunk are puzzles but so many of them echo one another than you'll rarely if ever be more challenged than you were the first time. Mini-bosses oftentimes just exist in the world with barely any rime or reason why they're there, the few sidequests that lead to them barely amounting to anything other than Kill this.

It's so obvious that the developers simply created the areas then filled them up later without thinking. The open ended story is enough, it assumes that the player should be able to beat the game without any of the hero powers, it assumes that you will always have the minimum amount of stamina, it gives you nearly all your toys at the beginning of the game so you'll never be stuck. Oh we need more enemies populating the world because we can't bother do expand enemies beyond them standing or camping in the middle of nowhere? Blood Moon. The whole game was Map first, then everything else. You have no right to call it anything but lazy design.
>>
>>383073503
It's not pasta it's just me. If my attitude is curt, it's only because I feel weary of threads every fucking day.

BotW isn't perfect, it falls victim to the issues which plague all open world games - difficulty balance, enemy repetition for example.

But those are minor inevitable niggles of the genre which never come close to overshadowing the game's achievements. Rather than just give Nintendo their due, /v/ would rather live in denial. It's a shame.
>>
>>383074282
>I have literally no idea how Nintendo went on about making this game but I'll talk as if I do and claim it's the truth.
>>
>>383074282
Your lack of appreciation - or even understanding - of game design is truly misguided. Fuck sake.
>>
>>383074526

>xd

The fact that this game has no actual substance is the reason no one can discuss this game normally on this board. It's always just shitflinging in both directions because what are you going to discuss? Korok seeds? The handful of interesting quests? Hard mode? Master sword trials? You say the game has such a high level of player agency but unlike better open world games like new vegas, you all play the same damn game because the game is structured lazily.
>>
>>383062431
Then you are a huge underaged pleb. Lmao seriously I can't handle the shit taste some people have. I wish I could actually make you comprehend how wrong are you.
>>
>>383074796

I'm sorry you like openworld meme games.
>>
>>383074862
>but unlike better open world games like new vegas
>better open world games
>new vegas
It's good but not better.
>>
>>383073942
Yeah sure they said that. They'll probably carry over certain ideas and philosophies but they'll also craft something completely different with it's own unique gameplay hook like they do with every Zelda.

Nintendo will use dlc to get BotW out of their system. Themed dungeons and items will be back in future titles.
>>
>>383075027

It is better by the sole reason that it's still discussed years after its making, not solely because of mods either. BotW will be lucky to survive the year. I don't really count these garbage threads as "discussion" either. No one talks about BotW normally because fuck all if there's anything to talk about. If there's even one thing remotely wrong with it, the Nintendo defense force comes along and its a 500+ reply thread with people who think the game is 7/10 and other people who think its 11/10.
>>
Only on /v/ do people try a keep the Zelda cycle alive.
>>
>>383075017
autistic metroidvania cuck spotted
>>
>>383075269
>/v/
>discussion

Go to /vg/ if you want to talk about games.
>>
>>383074862
You know nothing.
http://www.gamesradar.com/were-all-talking-about-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-developers-explain-how-its-shaping-the-future-of-games/

Benjamin Plich was the lead designer on Assassin's Creed: Unity and For Honor, and is currently employed as lead game designer at Montreal's Reflector Entertainment.
>Breath of the Wild showed something most designers already know, but which is hard to achieve... [these games are] evolving from classic open worlds to an open-game model - open progression following each player's intrinsic motivations, adaptive challenge curve and economy, open narrative structures, and so on.
Damien Monnier served as senior designer on The Witcher 3 at CD Projekt RED
>Breath of the Wild has managed to bring classic open world mechanics together while not relying on them to guide the player through its world. You go and explore it because you wonder what's out there, not because a loot icon tells you to.
>Nintendo have raised the bar when it comes to world crafting and this sense of total immersion I get when I play it. While its world includes classic open-world activities, collectibles and loot-filled mobs, it definitely doesn't feel overloaded and allows the focus be on the exploration. You want to explore this land whether or not you are on a quest, or being tasked to collect/gather something. You know, If you were to remove all NPCs, quests and mobs, I would still take pleasure in exploring that beautiful world.

Tommy François, Ubisoft's franchise director.
>For every creatives, it's a lesson. The game [BotW] seems to tell us : put yourself in question. We realize that we are far from excellency.

http://www.lemonde.fr/pixels/article/2017/03/17/pourquoi-the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-fait-progresser-le-jeu-video_5096048_4408996.html
>>
>>383042881
no, its because you're depressed now
>>
>>383041528
>>383048491

OoT was perfectly fine and perfected the LttP style structure, which should have been dropped from all subsequent games since there's nowhere really to go after what OoT accomplished.
>>
>>383075269
it's like you've never being to a new vegas thread and how they devolve into toddposting and then some fallout 3 fag comes in and says how much better atmosphere 3 had compared to new vegas
>>
BotW is the Metroid Prime of Zelda

Some will love it, and it looks like a Zelda game, but it's not a real Zelda game. Others will beg Nintendo for a proper Zelda game and they might get one in the form of remakes of the past games, but Nintendo will now focus its main Zelda energy on the Zelda Prime series now, probably because they're too incompetent to replicate what was great about the old games to begin with
>>
>>383075398
>all these people who made terrible games said this game was good, so it must be good!
???
>>
>>383075815
It's a real Zelda game

Toon Zelda games are the fake Zelda games.
>>
>>383075269
>I don't really count these garbage threads as "discussion"

they literally are. you're just being a deluded bitch
>>
>>383076097
I forgot to mention that it divides the fan base too, just like Metroid Prime did
>>
>>383076005
>some autistic nigger on 4chan said this game was bad, so it must be bad!
>>
>>383076005
The Witcher 3 is bad now? How contrarian can you be?
>>
>>383041528
Zelda was always about puzzles and dungeons since its inception, which are literally the two things BotW fucking sucks

I love how Nintendofags keep pretending Zelda 1 was all about open world
>>
>>383076408
Where are the puzzles in the NES games
>>
>>383076005
Hey Todd.
>>
>>383076538
Finding dungeons in the overworld.
>>
>>383076226
it is bad and anyone with taste knows it, but i guess brainlets like you with a sub-90 iq can enjoy wandering an empty world eagerly awaiting the next 3 piano notes to break the silence for 2 seconds
>>383076282
its your average boring casualized rpg. enjoy your quest markers and witcher vision, scrub
>>
>>383041528
There were benefits to the oot formula that botw lacked, a big problem with botw in my opinion is that any rough area could just be walked around until you were tough enough to face it. In general it lacked a sense of progression, mainly because you received your ultimate toolset at the very beginning but also due to the way loot was handled. Building a giant open world sucked away from their ability to make iconic areas with serious challenge (not that I'm saying there wasn't any at all, but not enough to write home about).
>>
>>383076645
Exploring is a puzzle?
>>
File: 1452168474789.png (160KB, 360x240px) Image search: [Google]
1452168474789.png
160KB, 360x240px
>>383076854
SEETHING
>>
>>383072148
Good point, it's one of the things that BotW makes better than other open world games but it isn't really revolutionary. It's better, yes.

Not sure what you mean with that. Each games has a world you can interact with.
>figuring out how you will get there
?
You have bunch of options (walk, horse, glide, teleportation if you have been there). All open world games have those, they usually destroy the point of open world with the fast travel options but Dragon's Dogma has been doing a similar thing. You go somewhere, leave a crystal (which are limited) and can teleport to the crystal with an item. It also has a craft function where you can brew a bunch of potions together (more effects than BotW has)

>there are enemies in the world
No fucking shit, all games have. The guardians are nice, they feel like a threat (at least early on).

You get to be creative thanks to the physics engine but that's really it.

It does a few things right, it feels like an adventure and you want to explore te world but it's not really revolutionary.
It's an actually good open world game.
SM64/OoT didn't just define their genres, they defined 3D in games.
>>
>>383077232
>skyrim sold more than botw ever will
yeah dude i'm definitely todd and super mad about this
>>
>>383049443
>this reply
Was it autism?
>>
>>383053357
Yes
>>
>>383072148
you literally just described minecraft and are acting like botw is some amazing achievement because its minecraft with a physics engine
how pathetic can you be?
>>
>>383074282

>Korok seeds are placed all over the area, many of them as pure afterthought because tiny wood people xd

Korok Seeds that you need to gain more space in your inventory and improve your skills as a player? Surely placing them scattered around the world almost randomly gives you a reason to explore and travel. Placing them in obvious areas that focus on the geography of the world would make exploration into barren caves and seemingly empty forests pointless.

This applies to the shrines as well. That point about a lot of the shrines being rewards for side-quests shows GOOD game design if anything because it gives you more of a genuine reason to complete them. Shrines grant spirit orbs, and spirit orbs make you stronger. They make you better at exploring, and better at fighting, and you're doing it entirely for YOURSELF. Players don't give a shit about solving an old riddle if they don't know the reward, but you do know the reward and that's fucking POWER. Every task of every element in the world increases your skills, which is immensely satisfying imo. You get to choose which skill you want to upgrade, giving you something to work towards on a personal level that's different for everyone.

You're mistaking randomly scattered elements with elements giving purpose to barren locations. You're also mistaking the purpose of shines in the game.
>>
>>383076538
>pushing blocks to reveal hidden entrances/areas
>finding the correct path through the forest/mountains
>figuring out riddles from NPCs
>bombing/torching walls and bushes for secret paths
There's probably a few more I can't remember
inb4
>those aren't secrets
>>
>>383077531
you wish you were todd, nigger
>>
File: 1496945607046.png (554KB, 1228x1502px) Image search: [Google]
1496945607046.png
554KB, 1228x1502px
>>383077824
>>
>>383078158
so you went from calling me todd to saying i wish i was todd? i don't understand, do you have autism?
>>
>>383077972
>secrets are puzzles

Zelda was never about puzzles, at least, not the awful obsession they got when the series went 3D.
>>
>>383078310
when did i call you todd you sad fuck?
>>
>>383078275
not an argument
>>
>>383077824

Minecraft is just fucking LEGO simulator with survival elements.

There are no goals or achievements in that game besides being aspergic enough to play it
>>
>>383078473
Figuring out the secret is the puzzle
>>
>>383078310
Nobody is calling you Todd, autismo. As far as I can see you were only called a nigger.
>>
>>383078482
here
>>383076554
unless you're going to claim to be a different anon in which case your post is completely pointless and irrelevant and nobody normal could comprehend your autism in choosing to post it
>>
>>383041528
BOTW is a step down from that formula though and thats pretty pathetic
>>
>>383078552
>Minecraft is just fucking LEGO simulator with survival elements.
and BOTW is just a physics simulator with survival elements.
>There are no goals or achievements in that game besides being aspergic enough to play it
yeah, it shares that with BOTW
>>
>>383078601
why are you even comparing yourself to todd? seek help autist
>>
Take off the nostalgia goggles nerd
>>
>>383078775

>just a physics simulator

what the fuck are you even trying to say anymore
>>
>>383078842
where did i compare myself to todd?
>>
>>383078775
Shitposters aren't even trying anymore.
>>
>>383078983
was that too hard for you to understand, brainlet? as to be expected from a botw fan
>>
>>383078571
No, it's exploring.
>>
>>383079156
>the truth is shitposting
whatever helps you sleep at night
>>
>>383041364

>Just another Zelda rehash, drones will eat this shit up
>WTF Nintendo this is hardly a Zelda game!

What would it take for Nintendo critics to be satisfied?
>>
>>383079159
Nice false flagging faggot.
>>
>>383079370
not an argument
>>
>>383079295
Okay kiddo
>>
Good, New Zelda was shit, nowhere near as good as the original brand of Zelda. Bring on more Neo New Zelda.
>>
>>383079253
Finding the start of the secret is the exploration, figuring out the secret is the puzzle
>>
>the no caps autist showed up

Like clockwork.
>>
>>383042836
Underrated post
>>
Why the fuck, did so many Zelda games, with its huge fantasy setting, reply so much on fucking puzzles?

And why were so many of them /block/ puzzles?

You have mythical monsters, magic, fighting with swords, but the one staple of the franchise from ALttP, all the way until BotW, was slowly lumbering around giant slabs of stone.
>>
>>383079617
He shows up in literally every BOTW thread. His retarded way of posting is easy to recognize.
>>
File: 1487454764490.jpg (82KB, 750x742px) Image search: [Google]
1487454764490.jpg
82KB, 750x742px
>>383042184
>/v/ is the only place I've seen on the entire Internet that seems to unanimously dislike Breath of the Wild
>>
It has the cutest Zelda.
>>
>>383079717
Aonuma.

His puzzle obsession wouldn't be so bad if it would mean that we would get good puzzles.

Secrets/puzzles/mysteries are an important point of adventure games
>>
>>383041364

I don't understand why the world had to be so boring. I was expecting being able to explore some interesting setpieces, or runes, or caves, or something. Instead it's just boring as fuck
>>
>>383079717
Because Aonuma fucking LOVES puzzles.

>So if we think about when it was that solving puzzles became the key element of the game. It is probably from “The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (LOZOOT)”.

>――So what you are saying is, the puzzles in LOZ were just pure coincidence as Mr. Aonuma did what he wanted to do at the time when making 3D LOZ, right?

>The reason is because I was in charge of designing every dungeon in “The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (LOZOOT)”. At that time, I thought I wanted to make puzzles in the game. It was not like Mr. Miyamoto asked me to make it or it was decided that LOZ was a game with puzzles and battles.

>I was told to “think about dungeons,” but was never told “to think about puzzles.” So what was the reason that we did? It was done because I love surprising people and I also like puzzles. So I thought, ‘It would be fun if the dungeons were full of puzzles.

http://news.denfaminicogamer.jp/english/170609b/2
>>
>>383079295
>your shitposts are the truth
whatever helps you sleep at night
>>
>>383042184
Because they're dumb normies, anon. People ate up CoD for years and sang praises for years. Skyrim too.
>>
>>383042441
I know. What I really don't get it what really is there to dislike about AoL. It's an incredibly solid side-scrolling action RPG in its own right with a perfectly fair difficulty that lets you progress most of the time and saves the fact that you've, say, unlocked a door in some dungeon. Given that most console games at that point still ran on the arcade model, AoL was the exception and does a ton of shit right that action RPGs today still stuff up.
>>
>>383079159

>was that too hard for you to understand, brainlet?

well yeah, it's not my job to try and understand the mentally challenged

a "physics simulator" can literally just mean realism, or any game trying to capture realism. i'm not even going to bother anymore your arguments dead and buried
>>
>>383059123
>I disagree, and anyone who knows anything about game design disagrees.
you mean all the youtube armchair game designers? sorry no. botw has garbage design. people are only creaming over it bc it looks pretty
>>
>>383053709
>It wasn't until OOT that they went full linear.

Another 'tard who thinks OoT was more linear than LttP.
>>
>>383080954
>well yeah, it's not my job to try and understand the mentally challenged
it must be tough not even being able to understand yourself
>>
>>383072960
>formula
reading comprehension much?
>>
>>383041364
I've never been too big on the Zelda franchise, although i've played plenty of it's games. From what I've seen BotW looks like plenty of fun. Sure it's different from the game that handed my ass to me on the NES when i was a little kid but, but they abandoned that concept a long time ago anyway and I don't think there is any point going back. Games like The Minish Cap and the one with the 4 links were great and I generally enjoy whatever they do with the series even if most of the times I won't purchase it myself
>>
>>383041528
>OoT's formula

You mean ALttP's formula.
>>
>>383041528
>>383048491
Wind Waker is a really good game, and it gave you a real sense of exploration, you could easily get side tracked and have fun exploring the ocean. The world felt big and there was often stuff to find. Random ships, the ghost ship, storms, new islands. It was a well put together game and I hope we get the HD release on switch since I never got a Wii U.
>>
>>383080719

It's aged poorly as fuck. Zelda 1 has as well arguably, but that's only due to hardware limitations. Zelda 2's flaws are within genuine design and mechanics choices.

Combat is extremely repetitive, and the tougher enemies almost require the same routine every time. Other sword moves like the downstab are there but they're never rewarded because it's impossible to use them, even after having to UNLOCK the fucking thing. It's always just hop and slash, hop and slash, over and over. Dungeons are just fucking boring as well, but mainly because they're not dungeons, they're just empty screens with the occasional difficult jump and some awkward enemy just shuffling by, filling an empty room.

The overworld is miserable as well because it's a barren, ugly segway into constant enemy encounters.

Zelda 2 was way too different in the worst way. The series had only just delivered something already new and innovative, and then Zelda 2 took a fat shit all over it.

sorry for the random wall of text but having recently played until two thirds of the way into Zelda 2 on 3DS I had to voice my frustrations.
>>
>>383042881
You could have summed up all of that to
>muh opinions
and absolutely nothing would have changed.
>>
>>383042881
When I was told the divine beasts were the dungeons I was expecting a bunch of rooms and all sorts of cool shit like a regular dungeon.
Not the stupid bullshit we got.
>>
File: cat crying.jpg (11KB, 261x192px) Image search: [Google]
cat crying.jpg
11KB, 261x192px
>>383081747

>tfw wind waker is only playable on a 15 year old console and a console nobody likes
>>
>>383082390
Silly anon

Wind Waker was never playable.
>>
>>383041364

>best zelda game of all time
>best open world game of all time
>in top 10 games of all time

I dont give two shits about your crap opinion of the game. It checked all the boxes for me and was a breathtaking experience. Stay mad this long after a release.
>>
>>383082390
>not liking the gamecube
some real gems never got attention over the hatred for that console
>>
>>383041528
/ladies and gentlemen, /thread
>>
>>383082674

i said a 15 year old console AND a console nobody likes (Wii U)

most people i know like the console, or at least respect it
>>
>>383082390
It emulates pretty well
>>
>>383041364
Well, that's been obvious ever since Skyward Sword. People buy Zelda because it has the name "Zelda" on the box, not because they care about it being a good game or not. That said, it's not a bad thing that they are finally changing the formula. The problem is the way BOTW did it by just becoming the same AAA trash every other major publisher releases.
>>
>>383079337
>boring because it's the same
>BOTW goes completely the opposite direction with nothing even close to zelda game
>just ends up copying most Ubishit open world design
Not picking extremes in terms of their game design and balancing between old and new ideas.
Also
>All critics are the same people!!!
retard
>>
>>383084193
literally the only thing BotW copies from ubisoft is the towers, you deluded cum-gargler
>>
Botw is total fucking trash, 11 year old could write the shit story and dialouge. Also 99% of the world is tottaly meaningless crap. Enemy variety is terrible, weapons breaking is fucking stupid. Lastly the dungeons are complete fucking trash, especially the god awful fucking bosses.
>>
>>383076203
Nah, botw only enrage sonyfags, the real fans loved botw
>>
File: 1496946890022.png (147KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1496946890022.png
147KB, 1024x768px
>>383084983
>>
>>383084983
IP count didn't even change after your shitpost.
>>
>>383084193
Nice drama post
>>
>>383084193
>WTF this isn't a Zelda game!

It appears that all critics are the same
Thread posts: 252
Thread images: 31

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.