[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you save the franchise? >Where would you make the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: elder-scrolls-6.jpg (79KB, 576x325px) Image search: [Google]
elder-scrolls-6.jpg
79KB, 576x325px
How do you save the franchise?

>Where would you make the next elder scrolls take place?
>How many years after skyrim?
>What would story be about?
>What would you introduce?
>>
I'd modernize the original Daggerfall and that's it. Original Daggerfall with Skyrim graphics and audio.

Maybe not make the towns so blocky and grid-like and maybe add some non-blocky components to dungeons but that's all I'd change.
>>
>>383033040
Well, you start with releasing NEW FUCKING GAME TODD
>>
First get rid of all the mmo bullshit, second fire most of Bethesda minus some of the original tes creators, third bring back the real rpg elements. Uncasualize it. Because the direction it's going is shit.
>>
>How do you save the franchise?
Take it away from Bethesda. They clearly don't know how to treat it anymore, nor do they even know who their audience is.
>>
File: IMG_0237.jpg (84KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0237.jpg
84KB, 640x960px
I'd have it set 20 years after the events in skyrim. You are the son of the dragon born voiced by Gilbert Godfrey, and your father has disappeared into the wilds of skyrim without a trace. You set out to find him, your epic journey will take you over mountains, through the fields of whiterun, under the city of Riften and deep into the tombs of the ancient nords where the draughr have stirred once again from their sleep. Also the civil war should start again because Ulfric had a son nobody knew about and he's started the neo-stormcloaks. And simplify the magic system and build villages.
>>
>>383033040
I'd like the next game to combine Valenwood and Elsweyr because one has a lot of repeating forest and the other has a lot of repeating desert. So they could still get Skyrim or greater level of detail and variation in there. Also, once again, there would probably be heavy Thalmor involvement.
>>
>Release Elder Scrolls VI: Valenwood
>Release 2 DLC packs for TES6
>Release a remastering of Daggerfall
>Release Elder Scrolls VII: Argonia
>Release 2 DLC packs for TES7
>Release Elder Scrolls VIII: Elswyr
>Release 2 DLC packs for TES8
>Release Elder Scrolls IX: Aldmeri
>Release 2 DLC packs for TES9
>Release a remaster of Arena.
>Release Elder Scrolls X: Tamriel

And that would close out the series. Maybe a few DLC content packs for TESX but largely leave it there. Also, drop Bethesda from being allowed to make it.
>>
Write the main story last.
>>
>>383035543
This might be the most horrible thing that could possibly happen.
>>
>>383033040
>bring back Morrowind's skills with Oblivion's automatic perks
>bring back stats
>increase the amount of spell types wildly, bring back levitation etc.
>open cities to make levitation okay
>increase damage for both the player and the NPCs
>Skyrim's encounter zones/level scaling is okay, expand on that with more high-level areas
>better factions, with much higher requirements; do it the way Morrowind did it
>use Radiant Quests for misc. guild quests, keep them out of all the side quests with actual stories
If they manage to do this it would be the best TES game ever. Too bad they won't fulfill even one of those points.
>>
>>383033040
get a new engine and hire somebody else to write it and develop it
>>
>>383033040
Give the game enough stuff for modders to mod it however they'd like so they can create a better game than Bethesda ever could.

>Bruma, Beyond Skyrim
>>
>>383038178

So bruma is confirmed good shit?
>>
>reintroduce shouts
>voiced protag
>expanded killcams and "cinematic" camera during conversations
>village building
>weapon skill reduced into archery and melee, magic skills reduced into defensive and offensive
>every quest is a radiant quest
>you need to join all the factions/guilds to complete the main quest
>High Elves are now only called Thalmor
>no more alchemy and enchanting, while smithing is greatly expanded and almost obligatory for every build
you know it's gonna happen, right?
>>
>>383035543
So you literally create an elaborate plot to play skyrim V2 where nothing is different except the story (marginally).
>>
>>383038178
>make some new assets
>reproduce a town from a previous Beth game
>add some voice acting with very varying quality on top of that
Bethesda is shit, but how is this any better?
>>
>>383036041
You're looking at 30-35 years till ES X

Games will have changed so much I dunno if it'll have the staying power.
>>
>>383038883
>>383038418

The voice acting provided in mods like Bruma is fucking top notch. I prefer listening to that story telling compared to any NPC in Skyrim vanilla. I forgot what mod it was, but there's one for New Vegas that Alchestbreach was beta testing and it was amazing. Had the NCR move into Seattle I think or some city, in a Vertibird, tanks, all done by modders.
>>
A new Hammerfell could work, but after that theyre going to need to do something like arena.
>>
File: 3kPNCP4b_400x400.jpg (19KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
3kPNCP4b_400x400.jpg
19KB, 400x400px
>>383034293

>bring back real rpg elements

Could you elaborate on this? What specifically would you add?

>>383037907

>bring back morrowinds skills

What we're skills like in morrowind?
>>
I cant wait until skyrim 2 comes out!
>>
>>383039121
are you retarded? just fucking google it, man
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.