[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to make a chess video game, but also add some new pieces

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: ChessSet.jpg (439KB, 820x760px) Image search: [Google]
ChessSet.jpg
439KB, 820x760px
I want to make a chess video game, but also add some new pieces (along with a classic mode).

Any ideas for new movement patterns?
>>
check out Chess Evolved on kongregate.
>>
Where would these new pieces start on the board? Are you taking out some pawns, or do they go in front of pawns, or are you gonna take out a bishop or knight or some shit
>>
>>383024034
Dunno lol

>>383023991
Thanks.

Also, I found this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fairy_chess_piece
>>
>>383023794
Think in reverse. Pawns that move diagonally and can only kill if they are in front of them
Dont make them too complicated or no one will like it
>>
Pretty much all movement patterns conceivable for a Chess-like game have already been explored. For example, Xiangqi has Advisor (similar to the Ferz piece that Queen evolved from in Europen Chess), Elephant and Cannon behaving differently from European/International Chess pieces and the board layout is different with a river dividing the players and generals housed inside a palace. However, that's just the tip of the iceberg because Xiangqi is in the end quite similar to Indian Chaturanga both Chess and it evolved from and Japanese Chess, Shogi, in particular has variants with huge number of pieces (Dai Shogi for instance has 29 different types) you could draw inspiration from. I'm quite convinced you can't come up with a piece that isn't already there in one of the Chess style games.
>>
>>383023794
a chess video game, seriously? just play microsoft chess or something lol.
>>
>pawn that moves forward like normal but captures any of the three spaces behind

>>383024264
These pawns shouldn't be allowed in front of rooks.
>>
>>383024746
Thanks.

>>383024828
Well the idea was to make it using simultaneous turns, and have action points, so you can move several pieces or not depending on their value (pawns =1, bishops = 3, etc). I think it would be an interesting twist on it.
>>
>>383024034
Well, pretty much anywhere. Say, Fischer's Chess960 has 960 different legal starting positions for standard Chess pieces and most of them are fine. Conversely, Xiangqi and Shogi have pieces deployed in three rows and Janggi pieces are loosely deployed on four rows. And then you have absurd games like this one (402 pieces of 209 types).
>>
File: 134051945052.jpg (74KB, 480x360px)
134051945052.jpg
74KB, 480x360px
>>383023794
>Trying to add useless fluff to a game that has existed for thousands of years
>>
>>383025531
>>
>>383025631
>tfw this will never be a musou
>>
Dont give up on your dreams anon! Make the chess game you always wanted!
>>
>>383023794
I always thought it would be cool to give the pawns little hats that clip on like a ball joint.

Just in case you run out of queens for promotion or your queen isn't dead by the time you promote a pawn.

This isn't even changing the rules.
>>
>>383023794
Dice Chess. Basically, you get nine 6-sided dice. Each dice has three pawn sides, two of a different piece, and the last of another piece. You roll all nine dice and then pick six dice out. Your opponent does the same. These are the next six pieces that you are allowed to move. The dice you chose are hidden from the opponent, however the results you didn't pick are revealed to the opponent.

King can move anytime however, but you must reveal a dice you could've used.
>>
>>383026119
>chess with microtransactive hats
>your pawn could be wearing top hats or boots
cute yet cancerous
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.