[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How has this game seen so much success? Did the twitch/youtube

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: poster.jpg (1MB, 1024x1440px) Image search: [Google]
poster.jpg
1MB, 1024x1440px
How has this game seen so much success? Did the twitch/youtube personality shill compaign work on such a large scale? Over 4m people bought this game.

I've tried it, and there are so many problems with it I can't fathom anyone keeping this hame in their library. I played the game for less than 2 hours (in case I wanted to refund it)

>very poorly optimized, I had to run the game at very low
>finding good weapons is entirely random. Get fucked if your luck is bad
>graphical glitches out the ass, trypophobia triggered many a time from fucked up rooftops
>very slow early to mid game
>people will literally wait inside of a building in a corner for as long as possible until the circle forces them to move, in which they will find a building closer in and do the exact same thing
>laggy as FUCK. So many moments when I try to shoot someone at long range and they rubber band like crazy. I have 15MB down 5MB up with very little ping so it isn't me
>all in all, incredibly barebones experience

How a game that REEKS of early access so successful?
>>
It's very simple. Battle royal is an emerging genre. Pubg is the first game made devoted to serving that genre. Everything else is a meme mod of some sort. This is an actual game made from the ground up with battle royal in mind
>>
>>383017679

Early Access
Part of the fun is having to play around the RNG.
>graphical glitches out the ass, trypophobia triggered many a time from fucked up rooftops
Stop being autistic.
The pace brings tension to the game.
>people will literally wait inside of a building in a corner for as long as possible until the circle forces them to move, in which they will find a building closer in and do the exact same thing
I love that you have to outsmart the campers and flush them out of buildings.
>laggy as FUCK. So many moments when I try to shoot someone at long range and they rubber band like crazy. I have 15MB down 5MB up with very little ping so it isn't me
Early access and it's getting better.
I think it's the less barebone off all these kind of games and delivers well on the genre core ideas, and they are updating it non-stop.
>>
>>383018342
The game was released to the public over 4 months ago. Optimization should have been #1 priority. It makes and breaks games regardless of the quality of it's features. They do have another 3-4 months before the game is no longer early access, so I hope you're right.
>>
>>383018737
It is the priority, if you read the patch notes, it's the thing they are working the most on.
>>
>>383017679
>I had to run the game at very low
I'm using a craptop and I run it on low at 60fps, the fuck is wrong with your rig?
>>
>>383017679
everyday you post this
>>
>>383017679

Only reason I haven't bought this is because of the poor optimization.

I can run Arma 3 at 45 fps, yet I test ran this shit on my laptop through a buddy and didn't even hit 15 fps. What the fuck.

I'll just stick to Arma 3 BR tyvm.
>>
>>383024429
>it's impossible that more than 1 person has these problems with the game

>>383024318
Absolutely nothing. I run much more graphically impressive games on high/ultra at 60 fps. This games optimization is just shit
>>
>>383024768
How casually do you browse this board? This has been going on for days.
>>
>>383017679
>day z rip off is poorly optimized

Literally no one saw this coming
>>
>>383017679
How many times are you gonna ask this? It's not for you, clearly. You won't convince the tons of people who are already playing and enjoying it.

An issue for some. Thankfully, I have an i7 / 980 / SSD and really only experience minimal hitching in the first few seconds of the waiting room / lobby. The rest of the game runs smooth on Ultra 1080p which is fine for me. But honestly a lot of players are running it at lower settings deliberately anyway for improved visibility.

Target high loot areas or loot drops if you don't like to scavenge around. Variation in loot is what makes the game so replayable. I've also killed players unarmed, it's one shot kill if you jump+melee and they don't have a helmet on.

Haven't experienced this.

You don't like that? It builds tension for the late game. Land in high loot areas if you want instant action, or play on duo/squad for more action.

It's called survival. It's a valid tactic. If you don't like it then again, play duo/squad, as this is less likely there.

I haven't experienced lag, but I have about 60mb down / 10mb up.

Not if you love the atmospheric tension that deathmatch + one life elimination + king of the hill brings. But you don't seem to appreciate atmosphere at all.
>>
>>383017679
even a gtx 960 can run this at 60 fps high settings what kind of garbage gpu do you have?
>>
>>383017679
God tier:
>MOBA
Mid tier:
>CS:GO
Shit tier:
>PUBG
Don't ask me I'm not playing those idiotic games.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.