[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

can someone recommend my dad a game please? him and I don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: 1498519635979.png (2MB, 776x1266px) Image search: [Google]
1498519635979.png
2MB, 776x1266px
can someone recommend my dad a game please? him and I don't have similar tastes so i can't find him something that he likes. He's looking for a space management game that allows for starting from nothing and climbing the ladder either through pirating, trading, or what have you. He doesn't really want it to be a first person game either, more like masters of orion?

Recent games that he has enjoyed: FFXI, sins of a solar empire.
games that he didn't enjoy: spacechem, stellaris
>>
File: anno1404-screenshot0009.jpg (199KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
anno1404-screenshot0009.jpg
199KB, 1024x576px
>>383004601

Does it have to be set in space? He might enjoy Anno 1404 if not.
>>
>>383005003
i think he tried the most modern anno, not sure if he liked it or not, but he has played the pharaoh games from way back and enjoyed those
>>
Throw your dad into X3: Albion Prelude or Eve Online, depending on if you think he'd have a better time in an MMO or the game they built it around
>>
>>383005713
eve "looks too much like work for him" he says, but X3 looks a lot like what he's looking for! i'll give it to him for him to try, thanks!
>>
>>383005873
X3 is a blast, and once he figures out how to order all of his property around and send them on trade runs and missions his empire will grow exponentially.

Big thing is the game was designed to be played with the mouse and keyboard, even if a joystick is the end all be all and even though a game pad controller screen pops up on loading screens. It's easiest with a mouse.
>>
Starsector
>>
>>383004601
The Guild (2) maybe? You start as literally who, and need to build enterprises to get more money and power, and maybe go into politics.
>>
>>383005873
He's gonna have to be patient with the controls but Albion Prelude especially is a real gem once your past it. Learning the hot keys makes property management way easier.
>>
File: 스텔라.jpg (2MB, 2700x3203px) Image search: [Google]
스텔라.jpg
2MB, 2700x3203px
>>383006471
>>383007521
thanks anons, we'll see how he does. he'll definitely be playing with a mouse and keyboard but i'm not sure how comfortable he'll be with hotkeys (he plays RTS with just a mouse normally so it might take some getting used to)
>>
>>383004601

Imperium Galactica.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.