[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://personacentral.com/atlus-pro ject-re-fantasy-probably

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

File: Project-Re-Fantasy-01512.jpg (350KB, 1944x1210px) Image search: [Google]
Project-Re-Fantasy-01512.jpg
350KB, 1944x1210px
http://personacentral.com/atlus-project-re-fantasy-probably-ps4-game-job-listing/

Glad to know that Re:Fantasy is an actual console game instead of a handheld.

Can't wait to play it in Winter 2020.
>>
File: 1490583757125.png (319KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1490583757125.png
319KB, 800x800px
>>383003750
It's not fucking fair.
First, we lost both Capcom and a true mainline Monster Hunter game.
Now Atlus is developing a new IP exclusively for the PS4.
Iwata sama... I won't let you be alone for long. I shall be by your side soon enough. This is my last wahoo.
>>
>>383003750
How is it going to be played like? What's will it's thing be to distinct itself from SMT's demons and EO's cartography?
>>
what if it's an ARPG?
>>
i laugh when its a vr game
>>
>>383004335
>This is my last wahoo.

Alright that was funny
>>
>>383005213
sameposting is bad form
>>
>>383004335
Pretty sure everyone thought this was gonna be a ps4 project from the start anyway. Were there threads proclaiming it to be a 3ds/nx project before anyway?
>>
>>383005024
Lets hope so
>>
>>383003750
Is this isekai?
>>
>>383005281
isn't there a way to determine if someone is doing that? Or didn't there used to be a way? I can't remember.
>>
>>383005024
>inb4 it plays like Dark Souls and the "Darks Souls of Persona" meme never dies.
>>
File: Busin.jpg (22KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Busin.jpg
22KB, 480x360px
>>383004519
JP Magazine:
Old project from team that worked on Busin: Wizardry Alternative, aka Tale of the Forsaken Land, they are a new studio now called Project Zero.

They have stated that they regretted selling the Wizardry Brand to Gamepot and are looking to get back into the roots of Fantasy Games. "You create a party and delve deep into dungeons in this Traditional RPG." With interactions and a live world based off what they learned working on Shin Megami Tensei and Etrian Odyssey.

So, probably a Wizardry like.
>>
>>383005935
Like... literally every fantasy setting RPG?
>>
>>383006159
They have even stated that they would like to go back to Tolkien. "To take what Tolkien has achieved and redefine it is our hope. Project Re: Fantasy is a Return to Fantasy, and it is very exciting as we have never before made a game as a studio and are starting over from zero - true amateurs!"

"We firmly believe that going back to overflowing fantasy worlds as a counter to today's action games will bring a true journey! A Fool's Journey!"

So yes. Their goal is to make a generic fantasy game because modern games are single-player action instead of party-based exploration.
>>
>>383005486
No, classic fantasy
>>
File: 1491995245126.jpg (347KB, 986x553px) Image search: [Google]
1491995245126.jpg
347KB, 986x553px
>>383006913
>To take what Tolkien has achieved and redefine it is our hope
Hooo boy, here we go with the umpteenth uninspired wizardry clone fossilized in the original trilogy mechanic standard and with walls of inane dialogues and descriptions to fill the void left by archaic gameplay.
>We firmly believe that going back to overflowing fantasy worlds as a counter to today's action games will bring a true journey
Generic "overflowing" fantasy worlds filled with cliches, archaic battle systems and fetch quests don't bring back any true journey, well designed games do and there's already plenty of turn based games that do this.
I don't really get this claim, it's full of traditional turn based fantasy games yet these mongs think they're the saviour of the standard.
>>
>>383004335
Get ready for losing SMT exclusivity too bitchboi.
>>
>>383003750
Better come to PC too.
>>
>>383007823
Better get ready to rev up those petitions.
>>
>implying it won't come to peecee
Hahaha
>>
>>383007596
great.
Even the wizardry series actually moved on from that. But japs are too retarded to understand this.

Wizardry 8 will never be outdone.
>>
>>383005935
damn, now i'm hyped, tale of the forsaken land was really fucking good.Thanks anon
>>
>>383007596
>He expected something that wasn't traditional fantasy

They are hiring 2D Artists instead of 3D, game is going to be animated in Maya and they are hiring a fuck-ton of writers.

Animations will be complete shit.
>>
>>383003750
I hope the colors stay that bright, Im tired of dull looking fantasy games
>>
File: ProjectReFantasyStudy.jpg (22KB, 350x200px) Image search: [Google]
ProjectReFantasyStudy.jpg
22KB, 350x200px
>>383008426
They have stated that they have been playing Dungeons and Dragons, especially 2e and 4e, for work study.

They don't want sci-fi or anything other than traditional games.
>>
>>383005935

oh wow cool. I fucking love wizardry tales of the forsaken land so if this can come close I'll check it out.
>>
>>383008074
If it doesn't, I won't buy it, don't give a fuck about petitions.
>>
>>383008426

The early wizardy is pretty much japan's fantasy touchstone. It's why all the clones are pretty much exactly the same even though wizardry shed a lot of the bullshit.
>>
This better not be some turn based shit.
>>
>>383010521
>Wizardry, SMT, Etrian Odyssey

What do you think?
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.