[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Demon Souls was the best souls everything went downhill from

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: latest[1].png (194KB, 481x496px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
194KB, 481x496px
>Demon Souls was the best souls everything went downhill from there!

>Old Hero
>Old Monk
>The Abjudicator
>Leechmonger
>Dirty Colossus
>The entirety of the shrine of storms, stonefang tunnel and valley of defilement

Horrible, horrible fights and areas with barely any redeeming qualities whatsoever, and most of said redeeming qualities only quicking in by the very end of them. And mostly being art direction.

And then there's this shit.
>retarded animations
>bugged to hell and back
>literally a dps race, which I don't even care about, but you faggots will sperg about the Four Kings and Gargoyles being one while this shit did it first
>the shithead/s can effectively enter a loop of getting stuck against towers and trying to fly off even making it impossible to range them or melee them until they decide to get unstuck
>ugly as sin to boot

Demon Souls is fine and I am having an okay time, but I seriously haven't got a fucking clue as to why would anyone say it's in any way better than Dark Souls. Dark Souls literally is just a copypasted and enhnanced DS.
And if you pull the >muh nexus bullshit on me, then go on to tell me DS2's world feels "detached", I will shove the PS3 it requires to play DeS down your throat.
>>
Does anyone else think that Dark Souls 1 feels kinda bare compared to Demon Souls? I know it might sound like a backwards opinion but I swear DeS feels like it 'has more stuff', not just content but even an ordinary hallway will somehow come across as 'busier' than a hallway in DaS. Help me out here /v/, do I have brain problems?
>>
>>382992573

It's because of the clutter. DeS was full of it, which added the "busier" feel to it. But the engine handled it horribly badly causing the entirety of Demon Souls to be plagued with giant spikes of FPS drops if any clutter got destroyed.
I suppose by Dark Souls they still didn't know how to handle clutter that didn't murder the FPS in the process, so they went with less altogether instead.
>>
>>382992573
Excellent opinion. OP is incoherent
>>
>>382993324

So your measurement of enjoyment of a game is determinated by the amount of crates between point A and B, and that makes me incoherent. Gotcha.
>>
Why the hell is it so easy for faggots like the OP to shit on the original games of any long running series? Why don't these kind of faggots get that they should understand these kind of games are the start of an entirely new series into gaming?

This happens all the time on here.
>pokemon
>mgs
>halo
>resident evil

And so on. You don't like it find but that doesn't mean you should crap on others opinions.
>>
File: Lloyd's Talisman.gif (765KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
Lloyd's Talisman.gif
765KB, 500x281px
>>382992329
DaS > BB > DeS = DaS3 >>> DaS2
Objectively correct ranking.
>>
>>382994276
The first game in a series is always really rough to just play, even if it most of the time has the best design and presentation. Coming in later when the controls and mechanics have been refined and going back to the clunky original is really hard to do, usually you had to be there.
>>
>>382992329
Even if Demons Souls bosses are hit and miss, I appreciate far more than the same boss type over and over i.e. Dark Souls 2\3
>>
>>382992329
DeS did literally everything better than Dark Souls. Also who are you quoting?
>>
>>382994276

Why is it so hard for retards like you to understand posts like the OP are talking about people that continue to state the original game is the best of the series content/quality wise?
>>
>>382994531
I'd agree with this. In Dark Souls, my favourite boss was Sif because of how memorable it was. Not only do you feel for the boss when it's nearly dead (as well as some great music) but if you play the DLC first, it changes the tone of the fight completely, especially with the different opening.
In Demon's, Astraea was very memorable and the fight with the Storm felt incredible.
>>
>>382994340

I can accept this ranking.
>>
>>382994470
>Coming in later when the controls and mechanics have been refined and going back to the clunky original is really hard to do, usually you had to be there.

Again you would have to be completely gaming illiterate and probably autistic to not be able to fucking grasp this shit. We aren't talking about now ancient by 2017 early 3D games here. Although even with that you see this shit to. Like Resident Evil for example. I've seen way too many dumb ass faggots on here say shit like RE1 is so old and archaic and feels awful to play while they give RE2 (a game that only came out two years later if I remember correctly) much more praise. Calling it innovative, much better to play, more modern, etc and blah blah.

RE2 plays virtually identical to RE1. With the only real difference being world, level design.

I'm not kidding either. I've seen this shit enough on here to have noticed at least in the case of RE.
>>
>>382994276
They can never seem to appreciate that as the sequels come, things are lost from the original, the more experimental design or mechanics.
>>
>>382994531

Yeah, I agree. Even if some of the DeS bosses play like shit or are anti-climatic as hell (I am looking at you, Dragon God.), I do prefer them over fighting what is basically Penetrator/Tower Knight twenty times.
>>
>>382994628
>OP are talking about people that continue to state the original game is the best of the series content/quality wise?

What is wrong with having this kind of opinion? No other game they made after does what Demon's Souls did.

>not dark souls
>not dark souls 2
>not bloodborne
>not dark souls 3

Not a single fucking one of these games does what DeS did in its presentation and levels. Even the look, colors and graphics is pretty different from DeS to DaS if you pay attention. In fact even the style of music is vastly different.

So again wtf is YOUR PROBLEM fucker?
>>
>>382994864

My problem is that your argument is retarded and seems to be some sort of whining about /v/ having at some point bitched at your tastes, or something, and now suddenly because Demon Souls has literally no music at all and a grey filter on top of everything, it's "unique", when in reality it ain't shit unique at all, and does exactly the same thing they did with its sequels, except laggier, uglier and with clunkier designs for all of its utilities.
>>
>>382994340
This is the one correct opinion
>>
>>382994716
It's not as much about grasping as it is being able to appreciate them. A game like RE1 was a product of limitations that no longer exist, objectively speaking there are better solutions than what RE1 uses but people tolerate it because they got used to it and because everything else about the game makes it worth tolerating. Consider something like DMC1, even diehard fans prefer the handling of 3 and 4 but they will occasionally go back to 1 because of qualities that have absolutely nothing to do with gameplay.
>>
>>382995028
You are so blatantly wrong and anyone can easily see right through you.

What is derivative is Dark Souls 2 and 3. In fact 2's hitboxes were so awful that it started the shockwave meme it was so bad. So get out of here with that pathetic bullshit as if this only applies to Demon's Souls.
>>
File: 1499319329101m.jpg (46KB, 1024x676px) Image search: [Google]
1499319329101m.jpg
46KB, 1024x676px
>>382994340
BB > DeS > DaS = DaS2 >>> DaS3
My apologies, you had a few hiccups, but it's okay, I fixed it for you
>>
>>382997527
>He thinks DS2 is anything but bottom of the barrel
Sorry pal, but the only good thing about DS2 was some parts of the DLC and the PvP.
>>
>>382996872
>I literally have nothing to add to the discussion, no arguments, no examples, nothing
>But you are wrong because I say so

Gotcha, m8. Enjoy yourself.
>>
>>382997892
What the hell are you talking about? Everyone knows how broken Dark Souls 2 hitboxes were. You aren't fooling anybody by ignoring that fact.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ir7uU6zSUO4
>>
>>382997527
>DaS2
>not only not last, but equal to DaS1
Lol come on now, let's not get carried away
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.