[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it true that Nintendo's games and consoles always

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 3

File: bXWLZEI.jpg (94KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
bXWLZEI.jpg
94KB, 1280x720px
Is it true that Nintendo's games and consoles always sold poorly in Europe?
>>
europe is playstation and pc land
>>
>>382991808
Euros hate fun, thats why they love Islam
>>
>>382991808
no
the gamecube and the n64 sold poorly everywhere
>>
>>382991808
Europe is FIFA land, so it's mostly Playstation and Xbox

t.european
>>
>>382991808
france has traditionally been a decent market for nintendo

they sold 250000 switchs in three months here
>>
there's only 2 things you need to know about gaming in europe.
Is it FIFA?
Is it a menial task simulator that can run on a 2008 dell laptop?
>>
>>382991808

Yes, especially UK, which is why the Sony guys love to bring up UK sales specifically.
>>
It's just the U.K.

They love Muslim there.
>>
Chinese NES knock-off called Dendy was very popular in Russia, though I guess many didn't know it was a Nintendo console
>>
>>382991859
Europe just doesn't fall for memes. That's why we don't have a Trump.
>>
>>382991808
Europe is about Sega and PlayStation. Don't know why though.
>>
>>382991808
Yes. But now they're turning the tables nowadays. France absolutely loves the Switch, mainly cause they're the weebest nation in Europe. And even in hardcore Sonnyger dudebro places like Spain they're selling out like crazy.
>>
>>382992302
It's an historic thing. You see, the infamous North American video game crash of 1983 only happened in North America, meaning early computers were still a thing and they had a healthy market going on during the first half of the 80s, and during the second half, the NES had shit distribution here, so a lot of people actually went with the Master System instead. It was an uphill battle for Nintendo since day 1.
>>
>>382992279
Instead we all have corrupt politicians and millions of refugees
>>
>>382992696
>corrupt politicians
Pretty sure that's an universal thing nowadays.
>>
>>382992784
Exactly, I'd rather have a meme president that hires good PMs and increase GDP.
>>
>>382991808
Shit never goes down in price. I'm a cheap bastard, with PC I only pirate and occasionally buy during sales/humble bundles. With PS4, only ever buy games if they go below £15.
Last Nintendo console I had was a Wii and had barely any games on it because I wasn't willing to pay the prices for them.
>>
>>382991808
kind of (?) I see it more as European kids only play FIFA, CoD and GTA so the only thing they're interested in is PlayStation...
>>
>>382992279

You fell for the PlayStation and Sega meme
>>
>>382992938
Do you even like video games? Because if you did, you'd, you know, at least support the good ones?
>>
>>382991808
Italy here. Yes, it's true. Switch is always in stock here. I guess only the Wii and DS sold like crazy here.
People here either play on PC or Playstation consoles. Ironically, the Vita in my country tanked harder than the Wii U.
>>
>>382993058
Being cheap comes before liking video games. I can way a year or two to play a game for example. Right now, I'm waiting for Wii U emulation to be at a decent place, will no doubt end up playing BotW that way.
>>
>>382993197
wait*
>>
>>382993153
But, Mario, Vita tanked everywhere
>>
>>382993153
Do you expect Mario + Rabbids to sell better here in Italy since it's made by Ubisoft Milan ? Reviewers from IGN Ita and Everyeye loved it so it might be more enjoyable for us than for other people since it's made by italian people...
>>
File: evropa.jpg (124KB, 700x393px) Image search: [Google]
evropa.jpg
124KB, 700x393px
>>382991808
Evropa aka Fortress Sega. Nintykids NOT WELCOME!
>>
>>382993332
Vita had a good launch here in Europe, people expected PSP2 yet they found no games so everyone dropped it
>>
Did they lift that ban on Greece yet?
>>
>>382993352
I doubt people will buy a switch to play M+R just because it was made in Milan
>>
>>382991808
The portables always sold greatly, but I don't think there is a single market where they didn't. Home consoles never managed to get a foothold, I think I never saw a GC or NS64 in my life
>>
>>382993496
>Greece Ban

What happened, did the Greeks forget to pay denbts?
>>
France is an exception
>>
>>382993352
I doubt it.
>>
>>382993880
Yeah, for some reason those frogs love Nintendo
>>
>>382993982
Cause they have good taste?
>>
File: 1390937911120.png (135KB, 294x294px) Image search: [Google]
1390937911120.png
135KB, 294x294px
>>382994143
>>
Europe gave a lot of love to Sega but back then everyone had a Game Boy so Nintendo did some good loving. I also always saw lots of people with the DS. So handheld wise Nintendo got lots of love her because people take trains, buses and trams a lot and like handhelds unlike Burgerland.
>>
>>382991808

Nintendo makes as much money in Europe as it does in Japan.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/216627/revenue-of-nintendo-by-region/

Wether that means Nintendo is dominating Europe or Japan is a lost cause is up to you.
>>
>>382995687
1 country vs an entire continent.
>>
>>382991958
N64 sold strongly in USA and Australia. Not better than PS1, but not massively behind.
>>
>>382995990

US is one country and half of Nintendo's revenue comes from there
>>
>>382996084
population.

Europe is hundreds of million (500+, don't remember exact #) , USA 330, Japan 125 or so

Basically, Europe didn't have the crash in 83', and Europeans are generally low iq trash that only play fifa and AAA
>>
Nintendo were distributed and marketed by Mattel in Europe up until the N64. They were treated as toys up until I guess Nintendo of Europe was formed.

UK narrative as far as I remember:
Mega Drive dominated the SNES
Pokemon on Game Boy was a big success
PlayStation dominated the N64 and GameCube
Wii and DS were the dominant force in the UK despite the 360's success
3DS chugged along
Wii U was a huge failure
Switch is currently sold out
>>
>>382991808
Wii and DS sold well, and I had to wait 2 Months for a Switch that I pre ordered, because they sold faster than they could restock them.
>>382992279
I wish we'd have a trump.
>>382993880
Yeah, every online community is filled witch french people. Mario Kart is one of the bigger examples.
>>
>>382996338
I also really resent the idea that there are "lands" in Europe. Everyone has had a strong period in the UK. While I think it's fair to say UK players aren't big on PC compared to say Germany Sega, Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo have all been the leaders in the UK at one stage.
>>
>>382991808
Wii sold very well. It's also a mistake to think their handhelds aren't popular there because they are. Pokemon and Mario is popular everywhere. Zelda is also popular in Europe, especially when it's a game like botw. I think Splatoon is also going to help a lot because Europe loves shooting games.
>>
Worth bearing in mind that Nintendo has no real presence in Eastern Europe. Gamers are served almost exclusively by Sony there. They have no competition because Nintendo stuff has to be imported and is overpriced. Not sure whether Microsoft has made steps to increase competition. This is what I heard 5+ years ago.

Nintendo I guess is largely focused on EFIGS and Scandinavia.
>>
>>382991808
360 and the NES are the only non-sony consoles that have done well in europe.
>>
Europeans sold their soul to Playstation brand during PS1 piracy fade. Then FIFA cemented Playstation as the official soccer platform.

As an Italian I can confirm that many people in their late twenties had PS1 as their very first gaming system.
Many friends of mine had no computer, no SNES nor Mega Drive, but soon PS1 piracy became a thing parents rushed to buy them consoles.
PS1 burned disks were illegally fabricated in Naples then given to niggers (real immigrants from Africa) for dealing.

My parents bought me a PS1 because piracy too. But I had both a PC (I played SEGA PC games a lot too) and a SNES. Also I burned my own disks instead of going to the nigger dealer.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.