[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why are there no games that take place in the process of society

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

File: matt-damon-contagion-image-6.jpg (2MB, 4256x2832px) Image search: [Google]
matt-damon-contagion-image-6.jpg
2MB, 4256x2832px
why are there no games that take place in the process of society crumbling? The beginning of the last of us was a small taste, but why not a full game like that?

I want to kill people for food, loot stores, and try to escape to somewhere better while riots are going on everywhere. Why isnt this a thing?
>>
>>382987895
Don't touch anything!

I wish there were games about epidemics and outbreaks. Contagion was funny.
>>
>>382987895
the division is the closest to that really, a crumbling society where you fight looters and try to survive with salvage, and the dark zone really captures that chaos of people wanting loot and wanting to kill you for your shit. its really hard to create that sense of chaos constantly it seems where theres just people running around going crazy because thats literally a single moment of chaos, if we're talking about zombies, the "outbreak" part would last maybe a day at most, after that people would just be regular ass zombies
>>
Didn't that earthquake game do this? I remember people were desperate for bottles of water and would kill to get it. Don't remember the name.
>>
>>382989541
I am Alive
>>
>>382987895
The Division

>>382989541
I am alive
>>
Does it seem weird to anyone else that anyone even tries to stay alive in these scenarios? If The Last of Us happened irl I'd just kill myself right there and then
>>
>>382989862
p u s s y
u
s
s
y

And no you wouldnt
even pathetic basement dwellers have some survival instinct that would kick in during the apocalypse
>>
Dead Rising 2 does that pretty well.
>>
>>382987895
is this movie good? i completely forgot this movie existed probably because i haven't been to the theater since inglorious bastards. tarantino is an even bigger cuck now
>>
File: 1497776205132s.jpg (3KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1497776205132s.jpg
3KB, 125x125px
>>382987895
because it takes less effort to make a dead gameworld with nothing going on, devs are low effort dummies sad!
>>
>>382989967
I guess that's why suicides don't exist, even in our easy-mode current world situation.
>>
Looters are my favorited enemy in games, you literally can't empathize with them
>>
happening right now in europe
>>
>>382989967
Yeah, no. You don't know me.
>>
File: 62W31s.gif (2MB, 320x176px) Image search: [Google]
62W31s.gif
2MB, 320x176px
>>382989967
Right cause mass suicide never happened before.
>>
File: 1488347444315.jpg (30KB, 360x479px) Image search: [Google]
1488347444315.jpg
30KB, 360x479px
>>382990673

>I know for sure id kill myself if this fictional situation happened

Not him but lol

Also
>Yeah, no
>>
>>382991172
>Yeah, no

Ausfag detected
>>
>>382991172
Hopefully, though, It never happens. Life sucks enough already now but at least I have hope in sight.
>>
File: this war of mine.jpg (292KB, 1655x900px) Image search: [Google]
this war of mine.jpg
292KB, 1655x900px
This war of mine takes place during a war in a city under siege. Not exactly what you're looking for but it is a game that is happening during the bad thing, not after it.

It's not very realistic, though. Actual survivors of the siege of Sarajevo reported that people were generally nice, helpful and shared shit. You didn't go around looting old people's houses. Generally.
>>
>>382991593
A game like this but coop would be pretty interesting. Seemed shit on your own.
>>
>>382989967
Flight-or-fight instincts vary from person to person. There is surprising amount of people who do neither and just give up.
>>
>>382988793
Contagion / Zombie panic source are fun to play especially when you lock out survivors when they arrive too late to be rescued
>>
>>382991593
The city in This War Of Mine is infested with snipers that will shoot at civilians daring to leave their houses in daylight hours

The Siege of Sarajevo lasted almost 4 years and obviously wasn't as bleak as that
>>
>>382987895
this war of mine

atmosphere is 10/10 but features wise this game is lightweight and isn't worth more than 2 full playthroughs. maybe 3 if you are autistic enough
>>
File: Venezuela.jpg (17KB, 480x320px) Image search: [Google]
Venezuela.jpg
17KB, 480x320px
>>382987895
>why are there no games that take place in the process of society crumbling?
You can play that game right now, live. Get on a plane and head south quick.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.