[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you think they will follow suite with Konami if MHW "underperforms"?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: RiderMarieG2.png (9KB, 525x96px) Image search: [Google]
RiderMarieG2.png
9KB, 525x96px
Do you think they will follow suite with Konami if MHW "underperforms"?

Bandai Namco on the other hand seems to be on a roll lately.
>>
I hope so, and here are some benefits
>no more esports garbage for fighting games, capcom is one spearheading this movement
>no more shitty people pretending to play fighting games when all they do is play capcom games, and when capcom is done for, they feel fighting games are not the in-thing and move on
>no more shitty stream monsters and faggots getting into the community just for memes and 15 minutes of fame, being annoying and repulsive
>>
>>382970426
Maybe but Konami has been financially successful before they decided video games weren't worth it. Capcom doesn't really have a really successful division they fall back on.
>>
>>382970957
Esports is only going to continue to grow, with or without capcom's influence
>>
>>382971282
I don't care about that, I care about it dragging fighting games into the mix
>>
No way, MHW is just dragon's dogma 2.0. I can't believe they're making the same mistake twice.
>>
>>382972035

>mistake

How?
>>
>>382970426
Depends. Monster Hunter World might or might not do well for its intended target audience in the West, but XX is still on track to rake in that handheld Japanese dosh, so there's still that. Capcom'll probably waste that windfall trying to prop up Street Fighter V though.
>>
>>382972206
Dumbing down their games to appeal to the western market, while not bringing over their real games as to not "over-saturate the market".

It's retarded. Who'd buy MHW knowing that the west would never see another traditional MH if it's successful in any way?
>>
I honestly think Capcom is intentionally sabotaging their own shit just to have an excuse to drop out and do more profitable shit like Konami. Video games are a black hole for profits.
>>
>>382972806
>Video games are a black hole for profits
Yeah that's why Capcom's value has grown 400% in the last 8 years.
>>
File: 021397_main_image.jpg (101KB, 377x600px) Image search: [Google]
021397_main_image.jpg
101KB, 377x600px
>>382972806
Why not both?

Who the FUCK plays this garbage, and why would they give a SHIT about MH in the first place?
>>
>>382970426
Capcom does not manufacture their own arcade hardware. The Pachinko machines they do license runs on fucking Konami systems.

There's zero chance of this.
>>
>>382971341
I don't think you understand my point, I'm saying that even if capcom disappeared tomorrow it would still only delay the inevitable. All the big mobas and fighting games of ten years from now will have turned into esports because casual audiences will grow to the point that selling tickets could be just as profitable, or maybe more profitable, than actually selling copies of a game.
>>
>>382973783
>All the big mobas and fighting games of ten years from now
>big fighting games
Like what, Tekken? That's literally the only one that even comes close to SF in terms of popularity
Nobody plays KOF and GG is too anime
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.