[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Legitimate question: Is Sonic 06 the worst AAA game ever created?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

File: sonic 06.jpg (33KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
sonic 06.jpg
33KB, 500x375px
Legitimate question:
Is Sonic 06 the worst AAA game ever created?
I mean there's tons of crappy shovelware out there worse than it but when it comes to big budget games I think it might actually take the cake.
>>
Superman 64 before that maybe et atari
>>
>>382969832
Was superman 64 big budget though? Even for the time?
>>
no sonic boom is worse. at least with sonic 06 you can have some fun by playing it with friends and making fun of the game because its so broken but sonic boom is just a straight up bad game.
>>
Was Sonic '06 counted as AAA? I thought, at that point, Sega had dipped too far down to ever be considered above B-grade again.

No... in all truth, the shitiest AAA game made most likely has to go to Daikatana, a game made by a man who lived and breathed on his past successes so much he partied like a rock star and made adverts that would make MN9's blush... only to be completely and utterly dog shit. Even worse than Sonic 06, by far... no easy task, mind.
>>
>>382970516
>Was Sonic '06 counted as AAA?
It was a big budge
That sounds like AAA to me.
>>
>>382970776
shit I accidentally half of my post.

what I meant to say was
>It was a big budget game that was marketed out the ass
>>
File: Iblis Nigger.jpg (74KB, 859x724px) Image search: [Google]
Iblis Nigger.jpg
74KB, 859x724px
YOU'RE THE IBLIS NIGGER
>>
>>382969668
Sonic Boom RoL is worse.
>>
Not even close. Heck, Sonic 06 is a much better game than people give it credit for in the first place.
>>
>>382971820
>Sonic 06 is a much better game than people give it credit for in the first place.
ahahahhahahah
let's not get hasty here.
It deserves all the hate it gets.
>>
>>382971897
But it's an underrated gem.
>>
File: re6.jpg (43KB, 630x335px) Image search: [Google]
re6.jpg
43KB, 630x335px
>>382969668
No, that would be RE6

Sonic comes pretty damn close though, and honorary mention to andromeda
>>
>>382971945
quite the opposite. It's a well known turd.
>>
>>382970846
How do you know it was big budget? Sonic team had already been reduced considerably in size and they had like 4 flops before that. Sonic heroes, the whole riders things for example.

>>382971820
I played it and I was surprised because sonic was extremely, extremely slow
>>
>>382969668
Duke Nukem Forever is worse
>>
>>382971991

RE6 was great if you had a friend to play with
>>
>>382972193
No it wasn't, stop it with this meme. It had a fuckload of issues. A lot of co-op games seem fun, mostly because you're just screwing up with a friend. Co-op is like jumpscares, you're not actually enjoying the game, you're genetically hard coded to enjoy the activity.

I could fill this thread with glaring issues RE6 had if I wanted to
>>
File: 1480086519619.png (2MB, 1605x784px) Image search: [Google]
1480086519619.png
2MB, 1605x784px
>>382971991
I'm just under the assumption that the people who didn't like RE6 just don't like vidya in general. It's a fun game that is made even more fun with friends. Hell there really isn't any bugs in the game either. I honestly don't see why people think it's "OMG SO BAD"
>>
>>382972309
do it you bitch fag

post every re6 flaw starting from the top
>>
>>382972193
most games are fun if you play with friends
>>
File: 35000ft above feel level.jpg (147KB, 1271x697px) Image search: [Google]
35000ft above feel level.jpg
147KB, 1271x697px
>>382969668
Worst AAA Game tiers

>Mechanical catastrophe
Sonic 06

>Franchise Killer
Halo 4

>Underwhelming Conclusion
Dead Space 3

>Balanced Mess
FFXIII

>I postponed suicide for this tier
FFXV

>Dead on arrival tier
Battleborn

>Premature Fetus tier
FFXIV
>>
>>382972453
>>382972497

Ok, I'll try to make it as brief as possible:

Storyline: It's retarded and it's barely there. Leon's campaign for example, you find out jackshit about Simmons in it, and they throw Simmons as the major antagonist, and even then, you can count the storyline cutscenes with one hand. Really every campaign ends and you never feel you solved any mistery or anything, the plot is just terrible all around.

Gunplay: The laser sight resets in a different place after every shot, the gunplay is balanced around a shitty melee mechanic that's reliant on a half assed stamina system. Enemies have extremely tricky hitboxes and there is no consistency in the enemy attacks. For example, a zombie may softly bash leon and make him lose 3 hp, but a j'avo may smack chris and make him lose 0 hp, he'll just trip, oh yeah, tripping sucks

level design: Its mostly just a corridor and most items have invisible borders around them so you can't even navigate properly because you're hitting invisible walls all the time

The retarded saving system

10 slot inventory with extremely small ammo stacks and no option to drop items to combine herbs (entire health system is shit too) to make room for more items, instead if you drop an item, it's gone forever.

Every gun feels like shit, especially the shotguns which have no stopping power or penetration. No weapon upgrade system, instead there's the shitty "skills" thing that barely do anything. The boss fights are fucking terrible because every boss except Deborah is just a bullet sponge and not even a properly designed bullet sponge, for example the fat guy at the armory and at the bus will take more bullets than what you can carry and you're completely reliant on the AI partners with infinite ammo to finish him off.

The retarded amount of QTEs, shitty enemy variety, shitty new characters. Only good thing about RE6 is the mercenaries desu
>>
>>382973581
too long didnt read :^)
>>
>>382973581
So it's like every resident evil game after 4; specifically 5 and revaluations.

Sounds to me like you didn't even beat the game and do post game content. Half the game is getting better gear in order to clear the game faster.
>>
>>382972453
I just feel that RE6 lacked any sense of reward. LIke in RE4 you always had an objective in mind for every area and you felt that the enemies were there to actually stop you from accomplishing that objective.

But RE6 feels like a shooting gallery, I never felt I had any objective asides from "KILL EVERYONE AND KEEP MOVING", to the point where I would stay killing every single enemy in sight in situations where I was supposed to run away, because the game is really bad at leading the player. Thats just the best description I can give for RE6: It's a game without a proper direction and identity
>>
>>382973581
This is legit criticism. I still think it's fun as a dumb action game to be played with friends.
>>
>>382969668
It succeeded at being fun
In that respect it's a good game, but not for the reasons Sega wanted it to be
>>
>>382973581
Did you like 5? I got 6 in a bundle and was meaning to play it
>>
Street Fighter 3. It killed an entire genre for 10 years
>>
>>382973881

RE5 had a functional inventory system and iirc you could drop items and pick them up from the ground. The plot was also relatively decent and you still had things like documents and it also gives you a decent conclusion to the saga (it was supposed to be the last game, after all). Weapons in RE5 actually felt really fun and the game looked great, plus they had a weapon upgrade system. I just don't like how it was included only when you finished a chapter.

Revelations is designed as 3ds game, don't let the PC port fool you, it will always be a portable game at heart with all the limitations portable games have and even then they got some things right like adding storage boxes
>>
>>382970916
You can do it Princess!
>>
>>382973881
>I-i-it gets good 15 hours in
Wew
>>
>>382970516
I would second daikatana. That game had a huge budget for the time. Advertisements everywhere and was torture to play.
>>
>>382969668
>>382970776
How is Sonic 06 a big budget game? Just because it was an "anniversary" project? Nay I inform you that SEGA actually spent more resources on fucking Edgy the Hedgy over Sonic 06 AND consider the fact the game's fucking UNFINISHED. What budget? 06 is barely a fraction of Unleashed's budget, which was the biggest and *best* Sonic game to date.

I'd project Shadow the Edgehog is the worst AAA Sonic game to date. Not in all time, things like Bubsy fucking exist (STILL DOES) and the like.
>>
>>382974324
See >>382974534
RE5 is okay, its 7/10, could be 8/10 if you're in a good mood and play it with a friend. Most of the issues come from the game being designed as co-op and the AI partner.

I still think it feels like a RE4 cheap spinoff instead of a proper sequel, but its not a bad game, and like I said I really love the visuals, they were mind blowing for a 2008 game
>>
Honestly i enjoyed sonic 06. I didnt even know it was so widely hated until i got a computer in 2007. Obviously i ran into some glitches and thought the loading times sucked but i still enjoyed it.
>>
>>382969668
Andromeda is really fucking bad and had a bunch of game-breaking bugs, but at least they tried to fix some of their mistakes. Sega just shat out Sonic 06 and proceeded to forever ignore it.
>>
I like the Generations remake fan-project they were making, but I can't understand why the fuck are Iblis monsters showing up in the earlier levels when there's plenty of robots to choose from
>>
>>382974852
Shadow the Hedgehog was more fun than 06 and it actually worked from start to finish.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.