[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>no music >static images Why did they give GOTY the worst

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

>no music
>static images

Why did they give GOTY the worst title screen ever?
>>
>GOTY
Breath of the wild sure is a strange way to spell Nier: Automata
>>
>>382966270
>Generic hack and slash + waifu garbage
I'm not calling BotW GotY but it's far better than Nier Tomato
>>
>>382966130
It's really odd, it honestly feels like a placeholder title screen. This would literally be the perfect game to have a title screen like the old 3D Zelda titles, with landscape shots and low key music or no music at all.
>>
>>382966337
Sorry m8 you have shit taste in vidya if you believe Nier:Automata is a generic hack n slash.
>>
File: 81HNE-%2BY6WL._SL1500_.jpg (347KB, 1204x1500px) Image search: [Google]
81HNE-%2BY6WL._SL1500_.jpg
347KB, 1204x1500px
>goty
How to spot the braindead drone
>>
>>382966494
>Any discussion of the game after two days was "POST 2BUTT"
>Not generic
>>
>>382966494
It's pretty generic. There's a few cool mechanics, but it's nothing incredible. If it wasn't for the story/characters the game would be written off as a generic hack and slash as the other guy said.
>>
>>382966130
It's the shitty 2010s minimalist style we see everywhere nowadays
Weird to see Nintendo hop that trend despite being japanese and generally out of touch
>>
>>382966685
Who cares what /v/ discusses about a game, this doesn't makes said game better or worse. What matters is the game itself, not autists on 4chan.
>>
>>382966939
It still doesn't bode well. I'd agree if it was just shitposts like ">playing niershit" but what isn't said says more
>>
>>382966612

>If anyone doesn't share my niche taste they're a goddamn fucking drone
>>
File: 1468868971759.jpg (22KB, 296x190px) Image search: [Google]
1468868971759.jpg
22KB, 296x190px
>>382966130
Because modern developers believe flashy title screens are a carryover from the age of arcade, in which attractive title screens and demos were common practice.
It's kinda true I guess. Once you've bought the game you want to play the game rather than wasting time on the title screen.
A good title screen evokes value for our generation though.
>>
File: 1470365468422.jpg (39KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1470365468422.jpg
39KB, 600x600px
>>382966443
Either you didn't play the damn game, or you don't remember how the game started.

You buy the game, pirate it, whatever, I don't give a shit, start it up, what's the first thing you see? Black screen, white text: "The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild." That's the first thing you see the very first time you start up the game, and that's what makes the first impression in lieu of a proper "press start" title screen. This whole game is completely full of minimalist values, and that's about as minimalist as you can get. They don't need to state it with some grand display of a sweeping landscape, the rest of the game can do that just fine.

You don't see that continue screen until after you've already started playing. At that point, the game's already served its purpose of hooking you in with a first impression. Having a "landscape shot with low key music or no music at all" would be redundant. Helps set it apart from the other 3D Zelda games, in any case.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.