[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've been replaying ME3 the last few days and I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 11

File: images.jpg (9KB, 191x264px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9KB, 191x264px
I've been replaying ME3 the last few days and I've gotta say it's way better than I remember. Yeah, the ending is still shit, but everything before it is as good if not better than ME2.

Anyone else feels this way? Maybe now that I'm not influenced by /v/'s negativity from 2012 I managed to aprecciate the game on my own terms.
>>
>>382960493
I played the whole series for the first time in February. I found almost every standard opinion of the game to be retarded but yes ME3 was superior to 2. 3 is flawed but it felt like ME while 2 just felt like a bunch of sidequests.
>>
>>382960493
post the other poster, I need to fap.
>>
>>382960693
I agree. ME one is still the best for it's OST and atmosphere alone.
>>
>>382960773
Have fun, anon.
>>
>>382960493
i loved all three of them, despite the issues with 3
shame about andromeda, though
>>
>>382961067
dear lord that freckled nose gets me so hard.
>>
3 when it first came out was huge slap in the face, it was only sort of saved by the copious amounts of apology dlcs

if you're first time playing it is with all of them already installed then you will like it.
>>
>>382960493
I'M ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL
>>
>>382960493

It's largely better than ME2 in most departments, but I preferred the story being driven by squadmates rather than some big bad like 1 and 3. Everything feels more on-rails than in 2.

Obviously I can't fault 3 for doing this, but I CAN fault 3 for thinking a 2deep4u ending that doesn't explain anything was a good idea to end a series like this. The Ending patch helped but the damage was already done. I wasn't even into the series as much as some people were, but Bioware sure knows what corners are best to cut. Boy, do they ever.
>>
File: 1.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1.webm
2MB, 640x360px
in all seriousness it got more hate than it deserved

my thoughts are that Good. You opened this message. This isn't actually asari military command. They're busy tending to what's left of their planet.

So you survived our fight on Thessia. You're not as weak as I thought. But never forget that your best wasn't good enough to stop me. Now an entire planet is dying because you lacked the strength to win. The legend of Shepard needs to be re-written. I hope I'm there for the last chapter. It ends with your death.

-KL
>>
>>382960693
>ME was superior to 2
DELETE THIS
>>
>>382960693
1>3>2
>>
>>382960493
The story is unsalvageable shit from the get go, I will never understand how anyone who has played ME2 (and especially those who played 1) can say "whoa 3 is not *that* bad, some of it makes sense"

The story was set up to follow ME2's hype "the reapurz r coming" ending. Yet it completely disregards everything about your ME2 team, your whole squad fucks off (obviously Bioware was too lazy to take the ME2 suicide mission's many outcomes all into consideration), and you get dick mclargehuge instead. ME3 is a bad, bad, baaaad sequel. Probably the worst I ever played.
>>
File: 1468872139840.png (63KB, 586x406px) Image search: [Google]
1468872139840.png
63KB, 586x406px
>>382962940
Fucking /meg/. just when i thought i was safe
>>
File: 1363107253417.jpg (49KB, 1004x1088px) Image search: [Google]
1363107253417.jpg
49KB, 1004x1088px
>>382963176
>Every dead squad mate is just replaced with a copy with a different name.

Don't forget the completely gimped dialogue wheel.
And how the finale to the Geth and Genophage are were fucking copy pasted.
And all the cut content from the beginning.
And the broken DLC weapons.
>>
>people are actually defending ME3 after that shitfest andromeda, despite ME3 itself being a pile of shit

Fucking hippocrites
>>
>>382961467
Nope. I didn't play ME3 at launch, I played it much later after getting it on sale for $20 thinking "it can't be that bad". But it is that bad, right from the very start. It's a broken, buggy, poorly written piece of shit with the most lukewarm third person corridor shooting and no saving graces.
>>
File: 1485654447216.jpg (26KB, 444x446px) Image search: [Google]
1485654447216.jpg
26KB, 444x446px
>>382960493
>Yeah, the ending is still shit, but everything before it is as good if not better than ME2
I want the biodrones to leave.
>>
File: 1394739493562.gif (960KB, 245x245px) Image search: [Google]
1394739493562.gif
960KB, 245x245px
>>382960493
>SHEPARD WE TOOK YOU OUT OF HOUSE ARREST AFTER THE REAPERS ALREADY ENTERED THE SOLAR SYSTEM BECAUSE OBVIOUSLY YOU HAVE SOME SUPER AMAZING KILL-ALL-THE-REAPERS PLAN THAT YOU WERE HIDING FROM US FOR NO REASON.
>SORRY SHEPARD WE'LL ONLY HELP YOU IF YOU GET SOME KROGANS WITH SHITTY JEEPS TO FIGHT 500 FEET TALL MONSTERS FOR US.
>SHEPARD I AM A TERMAL TO A HIVEMIND MACHINE RACE WITH NO IDENTITY OF MY OWN AS IS SHOWN BY THE FACT THAT MY DEATH IN THE SUICIDE MISSION WAS MEANINGLESS, BUT I HAVE TO KILL MYSELF TO SAVE THE GETH WHO ARE ME TRYING TO SACRIFICE OURSELVES TO SAVE OURSELVES
>SHEPARD YOU FOUND THE LEVIATHANS WHO CAN LITERALLY MIND RAPE THE REAPERS BUT WE'RE STILL GOING TO BANK IT ALL ON THIS MAGICAL SPACE MICROPHONE THAT WE EVEN KNOW WHAT IT IS.
>>
>>382960493
Ot mostly is superior to 2, but I don't fucking understand why there are hardly any paragon/renegade answers in the game. That stuff was so much better in 2.
>>
>>382960493
Every once in a while I think maybe I was too harsh on 3 but then I see how fucking horribly they gutted the dialogue wheel and drop it.
>>
>>382965067
>how fucking horribly they gutted the dialogue wheel and drop it.
They only removed the neutral option which nobody fucking used anyway.
>>
>>382962465
but I CAN fault 3 for thinking a 2deep4u ending that doesn't explain anything was a good idea to end a series like this.
What the fuck are you on, nigger? The biggest problem of 3 was that it DID try to explain everything, and the explanations were beyond buttfucking retarded. The raison d'etre of the reapers should have just stayed incomprehensible instead of making the dumbfuck explanation they did.
>>
>>382965318
>We murder and grind everyone into a paste to stop them from maybe possibly blowing themselves up in the future
>Pretending for 2 seconds that that isn't retarded, why did you still murder all the people who you can't harvest
>MUH CHAOS AND ORDER

I can't fault him for thinking it was trying to be deep and just fucking up that badly.
>>
>>382965246
>they only removed a third of all dialogue options, and most of the investigate further options, and reduced the Renegade/Paragon options to MAYBE 1 per mission if you're lucky.
>>
>>382960493
3 has the best gameplay but the exploration is pretty much non-existent and 2's bad ending makes a much better closing to the series than whatever the fuck 3's ending is (directors cut or no its still shit). 1 had the best exploration and RPG elements, but 2 was the best all around. Improvements to combat, story, characters, loyalty missions, its basically The Empire Strikes Back of the Mass Effect series. You can almost forgive the shitty planet mining and less exploration & customization because of how much the game got right.
>>
File: payrespekts.jpg (38KB, 1171x361px) Image search: [Google]
payrespekts.jpg
38KB, 1171x361px
F
>>
>>382966062
3 only had the best gameplay if you consider gameplay to be shooting and nothing else. 2 has much better abilities and the heavy weapon option and 1 had a better dialogue wheel and exploration.
Even then DLC weapons like the Crusader broke the game completely
>>
>>382960493
Not sure about it being better than ME2, but I don't hate 3.
>>
File: 1393906475208.gif (856KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1393906475208.gif
856KB, 320x240px
>>382966446
Ah fuck, I just remembered that time you took out a Reaper with a fucking Cane, why is the writing in this game so fucking bad
>>
File: ME3 hours.png (971KB, 926x539px) Image search: [Google]
ME3 hours.png
971KB, 926x539px
I have almost a thousand hour on the game only because of the multiplayer.

Should I be ashamed?
>>
>>382967125
You should be ashamed about being french
>>
>>382967125
>everyone hated 3 but loved 3's multiplayer
>Instead of doing the Ubisoft thing and expanding on what people liked, they shat out Andromeda.

I hope bioware goes fucking bankrupt so competent people can get all their IPs
>>
>>382967125
>french
please do us a favor and off yourself
>>
>>382961467
I played it 3 months ago. Wasn't that bad until the ending. I was prepared for the worst and it still blew my mind how awful it was.
And it was after the extended dlc when most of the problems "got fixed" apparently.
>>
>>382960493
me2 was garbage, neo /v/. saying me3 is better than me2 doesn't mean anything
>>
>>382965318
>The biggest problem of 3 was that it DID try to explain everything, and the explanations were beyond buttfucking retarded. The raison d'etre of the reapers should have just stayed incomprehensible instead of making the dumbfuck explanation they did.
This anon gets it. Kinda blows the lovecraftian-horror angle when you show the audience what's behind the curtain.

It's also the classic "trying to write a genius character" trope at work. The reapers are supposed to be super-intelligent. It's an informed attribute. But the people writing them are not super-intelligent, they're just people. Which results in the genius characters doing things that seem decidedly non-genius.
>>
>>382965318
>2deep4u

Kind of the opposite, the ending falls appart as soon as you try to think about any of it. You are just supposed to take the kid's gibberish as facts and go with it, and even most of the normie crowd didn't. This is the opposite of your typical Evangelion-like ending.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.