[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How long did it take you to realise overwatch was shit and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

File: Genji.png (454KB, 626x658px) Image search: [Google]
Genji.png
454KB, 626x658px
How long did it take you to realise overwatch was shit and when did you quit?
>>
300 hours played and I haven't learned a thing.
>>
the first month of it's release

it will never be balanced and there will always be an everchanging team line up that will always stomp
>>
when 1 out of 3 games has some sort of thrower its time to stop.
>>
>>382959127
USING MY KILLTREE!!!
>>
Got a new full time job 2 months ago so I haven't played since then. Tried playing the game yesterday and dropped it so fucking hard. Fuck Overwatch, trash game. I got to level 159, dunno how many hours.
>>
File: ZtQNNtA.jpg (56KB, 983x606px) Image search: [Google]
ZtQNNtA.jpg
56KB, 983x606px
When I played around 150 Hours of it and got really bored.

I ended up reinstalling TF2 and having a blast before I remembered valve nerfed all of my favorite weapons. TF2 has a better weight to their guns and character design than overwatch but god damn it I am frustrated at every "balance" decision they've done.
>>
3 months, you realize their is a tiny skill celling and whoever wins is the team with the most ults
>>
>>382960067
Is this an ironic comment to mock the general overwatch player base for being shit?
>>
>>382959127
This game would be much more fun without Genji or Tracer. You literally cannot argue against this.
>>
>>382961710
and we're getting more "buffs" soon.
>>
>blizzards balance
>well if this player was REALLY REALLY good they could completely desimate the entire enemy team!
>no only like .0001% of the player base can play like this but we've got to balance around that skill ceiling
>what do you mean even the pros think they're shit now?
>>
>>382962164
Blizzard doesn't balance shit. This is a company that employs dozens of psychologists to make their games more addictive.
Their patch changes aren't supposed to make the game more balanced. They are psychologically fucking with the players rewarding and punishing them to generate conversation and hook people on the game.
I've read psychological studies that talk about how people perceive companies that get things wrong much better than companies who never mess up. Blizzard messes up on purpose and they have created an image of a company that ''listens to the people''
>>
>>382962601
neat

Like thats actually neat.
>>
>>382959127
Open beta.
>>
>>382962601
so resto druids have been op in arena this whole time so that they can get it right next patch?
>>
>>382959127
maybe 3 months after release?
then I came back again for some reason and then i was totally done
>>
>>382959127
I quit as soon as i read some hot ""opinions"" on /v/, they totally convinced me!
>>
>>382963208
butthurt overwatch brainlet detected
>>
>>382959127
this pway plz
>>>382962742
>>
E.G. Quit overwatch.

Maybe the esports scene collapses, meta adherence will plummet and things will be fun again.
>>
Donno, I put like 150 or so hours into it and then one day last winter I was playing and just realized "wow I'm not having fun anymore".
Same thing happened with TF2 a couple years ago, but I managed to get 1100 hours out of it
>>
File: '_'.jpg (1KB, 125x93px) Image search: [Google]
'_'.jpg
1KB, 125x93px
>>382959127
I would play it but bit by bit getting stunned or slowed down for an easy shot just grinds on you.
Who wants to play a game with that shit?
>>
About 2 weeks and I got bored of it. Same happened with TF2 on release so I guess team shooters just aren't my thing
>>
File: smile and optimism gone.png (259KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
smile and optimism gone.png
259KB, 640x480px
>>382961840
>Genji players
>dash in do some damage on some healer who no one pays attention to
>maybe get the kill, move on to someone a bit tougher
>jump around like a spaz while throwing ninja stars (m2 if you can't aim)
>they hit you once and then shit yourself (mash E)
>either run/dash to a health pack or another form of healing
>repeat
If that E wasn't a fucking wall and double jump had a half second cool down or something I could stand fighting them more
>>
Stopped playing once I got my autism star.
>>
>>382959127
Got bored a little after Halloween, played again in the tests servers to try sombra and osira.
I really liked 3v3 though
>>
File: 1486186291386.gif (2MB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
1486186291386.gif
2MB, 360x360px
>>382959127
About 650 hours in.
>>
File: 1498921503892.jpg (47KB, 480x515px) Image search: [Google]
1498921503892.jpg
47KB, 480x515px
>>382959127
I've been playing almost all day everyday for a year now (only taking a break from January to February )
I've wasted my life. I lost 2 jobs, put off drawing as my hobby, and even put off time with my girlfriend abd family for this shit. how do I get off this fucking blizzard ride???
>>
right before horsebot was added, and right after ana was double nerfed into oblivion. i could no longer carry the team on competitive and decided to take a break. i have not played since
>>
Around lv90.

>can't 1v1 without hardcounter shit
>mandatory hero picks
>panicky as fuck gameplay
>low skill ceiling

Ability shooters were a mistake. Overwatch is basically checkers the fps.
>>
>>382967470
>Mandatory hero picks
I hate that this becomes a thing in games like this, but at the same time it's like WHY ARE YOU WIDOWMAKER PICK SOMEONE USEFUL
>>
>>382967470
this. it's just countering shit rather than using individual skill, aim, and reflexes. fucking there are about 5 heroes who require no aim whatsoever
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.