[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>play x6, first megaman >dig the shit out of the simple,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: 37155-MegaMan_X6-9.jpg (137KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
37155-MegaMan_X6-9.jpg
137KB, 600x600px
>play x6, first megaman
>dig the shit out of the simple, but extremely smooth, fast and precise gameplay
>play only zero
>feel like a fucking badass slicing shit up
>even manage to find some secrets
>smooth sailing throughout the game
>suddenly, in lab iirc
>some kind of fucking nightmare boss, just big dark blobs?
>cant even find anything on this online today
>seems literally unbeatable.. insane damage, extremely hard to dodge, cant damage it, covers half the screen

and thats how I never beat x6 despite loving the everloving shit out of it.
Whats going on? Is my memory shitting me? Am I just bad?

>never get to experience Zeros endgame armors and shit
>feelsbadman.jpg
>>
Was X6 the game with the shitty procedurally-generated levels?
>>
Equip Jumper and Hyper Dash to jump over the boss.
With X go with Shadow Armor and equip the Ultimate Buster.
With Zero use Saber Plus and Master Saber and in the beginning of the fight use the Shield Sheldon weapon and destroy the bloob.
>>
>>382955685

Don't think so. I thought it was a really great game up until that point.
>>
After taking off the nostalgia goggles, X6 has some pretty awful level design. The final fucking levels require you to save very specific reploids that have zero indication of what they have or where they are. It's pretty bad.
>>
That boss is very difficult. Took me dozens of tries. The most important thing is to get used to the dash-jump dash-jump timing off the wall so you can chase it around in circles without getting hit. Then just be patient and attack the core when it comes out, as per the above poster.
>>
>>382955089
X6 is pretty ass
one of the worst in the series
>>
File: amiretardedorsth.png (15KB, 1057x773px) Image search: [Google]
amiretardedorsth.png
15KB, 1057x773px
>>382956072

I dont think it was that boss. It was something like pic related.
And it felt unbeatable. Depressing music.
Some kind of timer had run out too I think. Not sure anymore, its been a decade or so.
>>
>>382956836
That looks more like the Devil boss from Mega Man X5. Also difficult, but more reasonable. Reminiscent of Yellow Devil from Mega Man 2.
>>
>>382956836
x5 has black slime
x6 has weird purple slimes but neither had a timer i dont think
>>
>>382956308
I looked it up, its X6.

It's called the "Nightmare System", and some parts of some levels are randomly generated.
>>
>>382956836

Ah, so it was the shadow devil.

Yeah, could not beat that guy. Am I autistic? Or just straight up bad? Or both?

>>382956658
>>382956072
>>
>>382957020
the nightmere shit isnt really randomly generated
every level has a mechanic related to it in place and where the next level is can be predicted
it is terrible though
>>
>>382956986
>>382956926
>>382957020

yeah sorry I'm retarded. had a chipped ps1. it must have been x5.
>>
>>382957083
I mean, it's not as hard as the one we're thinking of from 6, but sure it's still hard. The blobs move from one side of the room to the other and they have a small number of preset patterns they'll do, so it's about memorizing and identifying the patterns so you know when to jump. And it's a lot of that while waiting to do damage to him.
>>
>>382955089
this was also my first megaman but i fucking hated some of the enemies. i couldnt even beat half the levels
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (23KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
23KB, 480x360px
>>382955089
Your description is kind of fucked up. Are you talking about pic related?
>>
>>382957315
black devil is a pain in the ass as well
he can be a cunt if you are unlucky
>>
>>382957360
can't see shit, captain
>>
File: Mmx5-rock.gif (5KB, 192x145px) Image search: [Google]
Mmx5-rock.gif
5KB, 192x145px
>>382957360

nope, about pic related.

Couldnt beat him with zero and I wouldnt consider myself a casual either.

he was, from memory, extraordinarily hard compared to the rest of the game.
>>
>>382957607
His blobs are really easy to dodge once you figure out that you can just crouch and do a quick jump when the bottom one launches.
>>
>>382957851

I was looking at the battle just now. Guess I was just a retarded kid. Probably couldnt figure out how to hit the eye or something, kept running into it.

God damnit.
>>
>>382957607
But he's in x5
>>
>>382958372

see
>>382957083
>>382957315

its been like 14 years, cut me some slack here.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.