[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

'Sup /v/ Saw pic related in my library and realized I got

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: rome2_cover.jpg (181KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
rome2_cover.jpg
181KB, 640x360px
'Sup /v/

Saw pic related in my library and realized I got it as a gift years ago without ever even installing it, like the fag I am. I remember it not having the smoothest launch and I saw a lot people upset about it for one reason or another, like how terribly optimized it was.

How is it nowadays, are there mods for it or is it fine vanilla?
>>
It's not broken in the sense of being bugged as fuck, but the overall design isn't generally well-liked and Attila is a direct upgrade in terms of mechanics, featuring all the new stuff from Rome 2 (like line of sight in battles) and then some (for example, family trees absent in Rome 2 make a comeback), and with better implementation to boot.
>>
>>382955260
Summed it up pretty well. It wasn't just broken, there were simplified "streamlined" aspects such as taxation that people really didn't like. The AI still often behaves in a very predictable and stupid manner which is actually largely fixed by a simple mod that disables the "forced march" ability. Patching has brought the game a long way from launch and it is very much playable now, though I would personally recommend going on the workshop and just getting the aforementioned mod and Attila map textures.
>>
>>382955564
>>382955260

So is Attila a strictly better game in that sense then? I'm not hardcore into Total War games but I loved the shit out of Medieval 2 and even enjoyed Empire for the most part.
>>
>>382956274
Honestly I think Attila is all round the better game, but I personally much prefer the time period of Rome II and its still enjoyable, so I've put many more hours into Rome.
>>
>>382956274
Yes, but the setting of course affects your enjoyment a lot. If you haven't played any "modern" Total War games, you might as well try Rome 2.
>>
>>382956415
>>382956448

That's true with the setting, it's probably the reason I enjoyed Empire as much as I did. I'll just play Rome 2 and see if I like it.

Why DID people hate on Empire so much?
>>
>>382956674
I don't think most people hated on Empire, just the usual loud autists that give the illusion of an uproar.
>>
>>382956674
Because it was also outrageously broken at launch (indeed, I'd say it's in a worse shape than Rome 2 is now, the AI for example is still utterly useless), it actually has more provinces than older games but the scale feels completely wrong (isn't France two provinces?), combat engine is completely awful in melee combat and various miscellaneous complaints
>>
A team was making a mod to port the antiquity setting over to Attila's engine. Not sure about the progress but it might be worth looking into to try and have the best of both worlds.
>>
>>382958736
http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?680834-Ancient-Empires-Attila-202BC-Project-Outline
This one is the one I know of. I believe its active but a long way off.
>>
>>382958936
Skipped around a couple threads real quick and it sounds like they could be beta testing real soon. Possibly a release later this year? Mods can stall or take off at anytime so I don't put much weight into them until they come out anymore.
>>
>>382959403
Likewise. For me a mod doesn't exist until I can play a practically full version of it myself.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.