[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Christ, the lore in Metroid Prime. I had the game since November

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7

File: 250px-MetroidPrimebox.jpg (26KB, 250x348px) Image search: [Google]
250px-MetroidPrimebox.jpg
26KB, 250x348px
Christ, the lore in Metroid Prime. I had the game since November of 2002 and I swear every time I play it, I notice something I never picked up on before.

I was in Magmoor Caverns, scanning some of the computer screens, and I guess I never really paid much attention to them before because they aren't recorded as Space Pirate logs in your scan data and only have a couple of text boxes apiece, so this one was all new to me:

>Local crystal formations possess low Phazon residue. They do have high value to the monks of Grondheim, however. Recommend processing of crystal for that market once Phazon operations cease.

The lore bomb here blew my mind. The red crystals you see throughout the caverns are highly valuable to "the monks of Grondheim." What is Grondheim? What are the monks there like? Why are these crystals so valuable to them but not Space Pirates? Do they have some sort of religious importance? The fact that something with these kind of story implications could be buried in such a tiny, very missable space of the game made my head spin. It's such an inconsequential thing but it made the universe seem huge, all because of little crystals on the walls.
>>
Nigger
>>
>>382952968
Probably will never be mentioned again. The scans do make the universe feel a bit more alive, though.
>>
File: angry yoshi.png (253KB, 779x817px) Image search: [Google]
angry yoshi.png
253KB, 779x817px
>yfw metroid prime 4 and luminoth still don't appear despite being part of the GF after prime 2
>>
>>382954483
>Luminoth part of the GF

What? I don't remember this.
>>
>>382954578
I may be remembering it wrong but reading a log in prime 3 about the events of prime 1/2 stated that the luminoth joined the GF soon after the events of 2. The only reason they weren't part of it in the first place is because it was on the far reaches of the space the GF occupied (hence why the space pirates chose to attack there despite phaaze affecting multiple other planets)
>>
I've been playing Prime again on the trilogy, haven't touched it since I was like 13/14 (I'm 26 now) and while it's a 10/10 game I have some problems

>Fought my way through the pirate labs or whatever into the mines
>"Hey bud you need the X-ray scope"
>ok
>Fight my way back out
>Fight my way to the room it marked for me
>Get X-ray scope
>Come back, platforms I can only jump on when I have the scope equipped
>Fight my way all the way back to the room it shooed me away from
>Go two rooms further
>"Hey bud you need the plasma beam"
>FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-

I don't remember it being that obnoxious when I was a kid
>>
>>382956235
intentional, you get to use your new power to practice and you have that door in the back of your mind
>>
>>382956235
Original version is better because you can get everything early.
>>
>>382956495
I've heard that the Prime 1 in the trilogy is based on the super fucked european version of prime where they improved the lore but absolutely went NO FUN ALLOWED and completely took out any possibility of sequence breaking
>>
File: metroid.webm (2MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
metroid.webm
2MB, 960x540px
>>382956576
Yup, they did their best to stop people from doing stuff out of order in later versions. It's a shame, really sucks the replay value out of the game for those versions.
>>
>>382952968

I'm glad you're enjoying the game, OP, but I gotta say, that sounds like the worst way of going about lore.

>What is Grondheim? What are the monks there like?

In the end, none of this really matters because Metroid Prime and the rest of the series as a whole will NEVER answer these questions and the others you had. They were simply written by some intern one day.

I think Fallout has the best lore because information on terminals often is actually reflected in the game's world. Fallout shows and tells, where as Metroid just tells.
>>
>>382955568
They didn't join, but they allowed the GF to mine Phazon on Aether in exchange for helping them rebuild a bit.
>>
Metroid Prime scan logs are waaaay better than those audio logs in Bioshock.
>>
>>382958440
shut up cody
>>
>>382958440
Fuck off cody
>>
>>382958440

Except they weren't, because you could listen to the audio logs and still play the game without having to stop. Scanning in Metroid Prime, to get the full intended experience, completely destroys the pacing.
>>
File: how do i weave.png (49KB, 1338x402px) Image search: [Google]
how do i weave.png
49KB, 1338x402px
Should the other hunters besides Sylux ever be relevant again, or just become a part of history?
>>
>>382958440
bioshock is shit anyway system shock is better
>>
>>382957069
What the hell is this?
>>
>>382953742
>Nigger
Nigger?
>>
>>382960465
Finding Metroid.
>>
>>382960656
How do you find metroid?
>>
>>382960727
By moving so fast you touch everything in the room at once.
>>
>>382958440
I'd rather have both for Prime 4 desu
>audio logs for modern. civilizations and groups(GFs, modern chozos etc)
>scan logs for ancient text on isolated and abandoned planets/locations
>>
File: no thanks.jpg (14KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
no thanks.jpg
14KB, 640x360px
>>382960879
>audio logs
>>
File: isg wave beam.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
isg wave beam.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>382960465
Using the Infinite Speed Glitch to collect the Wave Beam and Artifact of Sun at the same time also hits the trigger for the cutscene where the Wave Beam lowers and the sheegoths appear. If you skip the item get cutscene, then Samus's other cutscene model will freeze in place.
>>
>>382960974
Why not?
>>
>>382958440
cody you lil bitchass nigga i'll cut you
>>
>>382961007
They would need both high tier voice acting and sound effects to pull it off. Getting one of those alone is hard enough, especially since Nintendo is getting its toes wet with voice acting
>>
>>382956235
By the point you get the X-Ray scope, shouldn't you already have the Plasma Beam? Or am I remembering wrong. Because I'm sure you get Plasma after getting the Spider Ball from Thardus.
>>
>>382961925
It's been a week or two since I've beaten it and moved on to the slog that is Prime 2 but it went something like this:

>Need varia, grapple, spider, and missiles to get to plasma

ALSO WHY ARE THERE SO MANY FUCKING MISSILE DOORS JESUS FUCK I DON'T REMEMBER THIS MANY
>>
Honestly the best part of the trilogy was the holy fuckload of lore.
>>
>>382952968
How can you even play the original MP after trilogy's wiimote controls. Shit's clunky as hell.
>>
>>382961925
>Because I'm sure you get Plasma after getting the Spider Ball from Thardus

You can with some clever jumps but you're supposed to have the grapple beam. Then again, with some clever jumps you can get the plasma beam without the spider ball
>>
>>382961007
Because they are out of place in every game that isn't System Shock. It makes no sense for people to be leaving you plot relevant tidbits that are basically describing shit a child would know. "Boy it sure is hot in Hot World. Everyone told me not to come here but I did anyway and wow they were right about how hot it is. I hope I don't melt three rooms from now."
>>
>>382961925
You can get them both in either order, with or without the spider ball.

Unless you're playing eurotrash, in which case you need x-ray to get power bombs to get plasma.
>>
>>382962674
The intended order is to get Power Bombs before X-ray or Plasma beam. Plasma beam also requires Grapple Beam, which requires Power bombs. If you play on PAL, you need a PB to get to Plasma, whereas the original does not have a PB barrier to Plasma, so you can use a bunch of jumps and dashes to get Plasma after you get Ice Beam.
>>
>>382963057
Power bombs require you fight the cloaked drone, though. That fucker only shows on x-ray, right?
I honestly can't remember the "intended" progress route anymore, I always SB the fun things.
>>
>>382963175
You can damage him without X-ray, and in fact, that's how the game wants you to do it, even though they allow you to lock on if you have X-ray. X-ray Visor has a 2 power bomb barriers, one to get to the room where X-ray visor is located, and another barrier to get out.
>>
>>382962485
I hated the motion controls
>>
>>382964717
Good thing they're not motion controls
>>
File: nucles.jpg (81KB, 535x711px) Image search: [Google]
nucles.jpg
81KB, 535x711px
>>382964717
>>382965469
I ALLLLLLLLLMOST felt that way

>Boot up Prime 1 on the Trilogy
>Jesus Christ this is so awkward and clunky and it takes me forever to fucking turn and I hate this
>Stop being a retard and go into options
>Change it from "normal" to "advanced"
>All of a sudden I'm the 360 noscope master, what do you mean this game has a lock-on?
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.