[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

lets take a moment to discuss the greatest WoW expansion of all

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

lets take a moment to discuss the greatest WoW expansion of all time, /b/. northcraft soon.
>>
If wasn't even that good just opened up for even more casuals
>>
>>382951934
>/b/.
nani
>>
>>382952109
Well, he's only half wrong.
>>
>>382952008
how is that a bad thing though?
>>
>Not Burning Legion.

Fucking newfag.
>>
File: 1289218010825.jpg (36KB, 420x693px) Image search: [Google]
1289218010825.jpg
36KB, 420x693px
WOD HAD THE BEST QUESTING OF ANY EXPANSION
>>
>>382951934
>/b/
>greatest WoW expansion is the one that brought dungeon finder

hmm
>>
>>382952345
yeah, hes wrong about WOTLK being the best xpack.
>>
save me from these faggots gummy
>>
>>382952431
>hosting a server in jew york
not even once, gummo
>>
File: coop.jpg (16KB, 500x384px) Image search: [Google]
coop.jpg
16KB, 500x384px
Odd question. Lets say I'm a total patrician who just enjoyed the questing aspect of WoW but never got far enough to get to Northrend (never broke 60, spotty internet/unreliable friends both ingame and IRL) would I enjoy playing something like Northcraft? I'll admit I always wanted to explore Northrend.
>>
>implying
3.1 was a damn good patch, arguably the best

However, WotLK as a whole sure as hell isn't great. T7 and T9 are fucking awful (contenders for the worst tier ever, and definitely the worst ones up to that point) and even ICC is mediocre (Lich King and maybe Putricide are standout bosses, and LK is thematically disappointing because you expected an epic showdown with Jaina, Sylvanas, Mal'Ganis etc. but instead you fight Valkyries and vrykul and then suddenly Tirion turned Mary Sue takes the credit). 5-mans were worthless from day 1 and became completely absurd very quickly (hell, a lot of trash and some bosses were soloable for tanks with first tier gear, and that's ignoring the absurd gear scaling). And of course, classes were homogenized to hell and back, the concept of tier-to-tier progression disappeared, professions were gutted and so on.

It admittedly has nice lore (I don't like the Lich King storyline at all but Ulduar/Old Gods stuff, the vrykul etc are compelling), it has nice areas and many classes become more involved to play (although some didn't, tanking for example was ruined, and class design as a whole got worse because more involved rotations don't have to go with homogenization, resources becoming irrelevant for healers and other faults), but this time it's even more endgame-focused than before and with that in mind only one actually good tier, the shortest one no less, becomes a damning flaw even ignoring the other changes in design.
>>
>>382953184
Probably
>>
>>382953184
there'll be an option for instant level 70
>>
>>382953184
One problem of private servers is that quests with loads of coding are often bugged or broken. So the questing experience from northernd (which has a lot of scripted shit) probably is spotty. At least that was my experience 6 years ago.
>>
>>382953827
I haven't played there myself but allegedly Northcraft is a more serious attempt to get WotLK content working proper, at a level where all quests aren't just completable (which you can more or less expect on better servers nowadays) but all RP events and such like working as well. Either way, it's going to be better than servers 6 years ago by default because open source emulation has improved.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.