[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Leaves Nintendo for Sony. >Becomes most iconic game in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

File: FF7logo.jpg (33KB, 648x340px) Image search: [Google]
FF7logo.jpg
33KB, 648x340px
>Leaves Nintendo for Sony.
>Becomes most iconic game in franchise and is widely regarded as one of the best games of all time.

Imagine if /v/ had existed back then.
>>
File: file.png (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2MB, 1280x720px
Let's hope history repeats itself.
>>
Unlimited asshurt.
>>
>>382933609

Monster Hunter originated on Sony platforms.
>>
>>382933609
>multiplat
Sorry
>>
>>382933771
This does not change my statement in the slightest.
>>
>>382933325
more like, it became the most overated jrpg series of all time with dumb charachters (FF8) and stupid storylines, (FF9) and don't le me even start on that utter piece of thrash also known as FFXIII.
Final Fantasy peaked on the snes.
>>
>>382933879
Yes it does
>>
>>382933325
I think the cancer would have been enough to push me off this board forever. I'm already pretty close due to the rampant memes and consolewars. You've all become boring as fuck.
>>
>>382933780
As is FF7 at this point. Point is Sony has their hand in it and is the reason its away from Nintendo. This is true for both titles.
>>
>>382933981
I feel like /v/ is better than it was a few years ago.
>>
>>382933981
ha good fucking luck leaving. I remember thinking in 2010 that there was no way /v/ could get any worse.

I haven't made the mistake of thinking that way again
>>
>>382933325
>enters ps3
>becomes the worst FF to date
>enters ps4
>becomes even less FF than before, shitting on the corpse left behind by ps3 FF's
>>
>>382933996
>Point is Sony has their hand in it and is the reason its away from Nintendo
No they don't

This is Capcom's game, not Sony's
>>
>>382934114
That's because you're becoming a worse and worse person.

>>382934126
Make no mistake anon I have no illusions, this place will only continue to decline however I've already cut back by an enormous margin and only really visit a few boards for news. I actually spend a lot of my time in /ic/ now.
>>
POST THE USE NET RAGEPOSTS NOW GODDAMNIT
>>
>>382933948

>Final Fantasy peaked on the snes.

Nigger please, I, II, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX and tactics are all on PSX.
>>
>>382934226
In Japan its a PS4 exclusive. It was shown at the Sony E3 conference. Does that not mean anything?
>>
>>382933325
Reminder that FF7 was only produced for the PS because the CD space allowed for FMVs.

Sony technology is directly responsible for this series (and games in general) turning into movies.
>>
>>382933948
imagine being this old and jaded
>>
>>382934487
Are you drunk? Those are ports, you moron. It' like saying that chrono trigger it's one of the most important released of the nintendo ds.

>>382934150
this, pretty much
>>
>>382934646
>(and games in general) turning into movies.
Go to play ET.
>>
>>382934639
>Japan
You mean the place where it was already popular and the place that hates consoles?

No it doesn't mean anything.
>>
>>382936930
>console exclusive in a place that hates console
Hmmm.
>>
>>382934646
It's amusing how threads like this ignore the fact that Games like Final Fantasy got considerably worse after the jump to PlayStation.

VIII may be the worst game in the series.
>>
>>382937054
>What is paid exclusives
hmmm
>>
File: the feels end here.gif (125KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
the feels end here.gif
125KB, 600x600px
>>382933325
>tfw /v/ missed out on the best years of gaming

We will never have shit posting about Square leaving nintendo, the hype about Square and Enix merging, drama over Nintendo sticking with carts, sega vs nintendo flamewars, etc
>>
>>382937213
>hype about square and enix merging

one of the biggest mistakes in the history of video games
>>
>>382933325
>FF7
>best game of all time
Nice keks
>>
>>382937306
that fucking movie is what caused it

/tv/ would have had a field day
>>
>>382934646
Game is huge even without the FMVs. All those pre-rendered backgrounds take up a lot of space. You would also have to cut the soundtrack in half.
>>
>>382933325
Who cares, FF became shit later on.
>>
Final Fantasy 7 was the turning point, though. It was still a great game but it began the shift from japanese fantasy RPGs to japanese highschoolers with emotional baggage in more pseudo-realistic settings.
>>
>>382937395
I'm curious how big FF7 would be if you cut out any and all cutscenes
>>
>>382937306
Indeed, but at the time the hype was unreal. I remember the gamespot forums and articles in magazines declaring it was going to be a new golden age of JRPGs. If only.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.