[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where the FUCK are my modern day isometric management sims?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: Nautílos.jpg (4MB, 3168x1988px) Image search: [Google]
Nautílos.jpg
4MB, 3168x1988px
Where the FUCK are my modern day isometric management sims?

SimCity 4 remains to be the best city sim. Cities Skylines is an admirable attempt with interesting traffic mechanics, but 3D graphics mean you cannot create huge cities.

RollerCoaster Tycoon 2 remains the king of part management. RCT3 was okay, and Planet Coaster completely lacks a management aspect. It knows that it cannot scale using 3D graphics, and thus relies on being a pretty sandbox.

3D cannot, and will not, be appropriate for a true management Sim. It's not a coincidence that modern 3D sims end up being map painters. Poor optimization and technological limitations punish organic, large scale growth. They end up being piss-easy. They are not games, but rather building block engines.

I S O M E T R I C
Isometric (or sometimes top down, see: Prison Architect) is the king. This kind of view is the ''master'' viewwhich allows the player an ease of sight.
Charming sprite work is less intensive on the GPU, meaning a park at 1000 guests doesn't start to turn your CPU into lava.

MAKE ISOMETRIC MANAGEMENT SIMS GREAT AGAIN!
>>
File: zoo-tycoon-dinosaur-digs.jpg (304KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
zoo-tycoon-dinosaur-digs.jpg
304KB, 1024x768px
I just want a good zoo management game
>>
3D isn't the reason skylines has small maps, it's the granularity of the simulation.

There's a whole lot about how computers, games and graphics work that you need to get straight in your head before you start trying to make arguments like this because you're basically wrong about everything at a fundamental level.
>>
File: OK.png (154KB, 421x529px) Image search: [Google]
OK.png
154KB, 421x529px
>>382913737
Zoo Tycoon 1 was GOAT
>>
File: IMG_1092.jpg (181KB, 1400x788px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1092.jpg
181KB, 1400x788px
Is the Tropico series a specific example of what you don't like about the genre as presented in modern form, or was it just not part of your consideration?
>>
Daily reminder Roller Coaster Tycoon World happened. It launched 1 year ago priced at $60 and is now at $14.99.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/282560/RollerCoaster_Tycoon_World/

I honestly cant think of a bigger video game disaster. Look at those user reviews.
>>
>>382913090
you can create huge cities in skylines, it's just a shit game unless you mod the hell out of it and then it's more like a model trainset
>>
>>382914781
am I just looking at that wrong, or is Tropico 6 just another reskin of Tropico 3?
>>
>>382915119
Daily reminder that the guy who made the first two Roller Coaster Tycoons became a millionaire and used his newfound wealth to travel the world and ride real rollercoasters
>>
>>382916671
but they added bridges!
>>
>>382916726
Why don't we have developers like this anymore.
soulless corps only concerned with maximizing income while minimizing risk
>>
>>382916726
Did he really? I heard he ported RCT2 to mobile, but not much else.

Also reminder he coded everything in assembly.
>>
>>382913090
Facebook
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.