[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's so great about this game? I've been playing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

What's so great about this game?

I've been playing it for about 15 hours and so far it's been nothing but
>run errands for people
>move to new location
>repeat

Bear in mind I haven't played FO3 or 4 so shitting on those games won't tell me much.
>>
You've basically described 99% of RPGs in a nutshell. It's about the contextualization of the errands run more than the literal "go here, kill/retrieve/convince thing, return".
>>
>>382910219
Well yeah but the contextualization is nothing great, most quests feel self-contained and only seem to pop-up if I go talk to people in a new settlement with the express intent of getting new quests.

Compare that to BG2 where a bunch of quests branched from the main quest or from your companions backstories.
>>
>>382910043
>What's so great about this game?
Nothing

This is the most overrated garbage I've seen on /v/. I tried getting into it 5 times - vanilla, slightly modded, and heavily modded. Every time I got bored after few hours.

>quests are snooze fest
>dialogues are boring as fuck
>gunplay is trash
>world is empty, dull boring, and not fun to explore
>NPCs are boring except for just a few
>Oblivion zoom-in during dialogues is annoying as fuck

On top of that, the UI is nightmare. Everything - map, stats, inventory etc is all in one device which makes it infuriating having to constantly switch between the map and the inventory.

And like I said the world is extremely boring and uninteresting. There is nothing interesting to explore. During your trip from one town to another you will find NOTHING worth exploring. The only thing that you will find are more generic desks/chests/boxes etc filled with useless trash.

I see 0 reason why anybody would enjoy this game. And it's puzzling me. For example even tho I hate minecraft I know why some people can enjoy it. I hate The Witcher 3 but I understand why people like it. But I do not understand how anybody can enjoy this piece of shit at all.
>>
>>382910043
I've just got to New Vegas proper and I don't really know what you're talking about. So far I've reprogrammed a robot to be a sherrif (I could have done something better but my guy had a good science stat so why not), sent a bunch of Ghouls into space (where they'll probably die anyway), helped a man get revenge through investigating a town and having the culprit sniped in the head and fixed a power station while refusing to tell anyone about the superweapon hidden there.

I did these things on the way to my destination and I didn't see any "errands" outside of picking up two things for the rocket.
>>
>>382910043
Obsididrones go on about it
>>
>>382910714
>There is nothing interesting to explore. During your trip from one town to another you will find NOTHING worth exploring. The only thing that you will find are more generic desks/chests/boxes etc filled with useless trash.

I mean, the world is a post apocalyptic wasteland, plue this is the desert. But I agree on this point even though I love the game, the roads between settlements being empty and lonely are great for the setting and atmosphere but it doesn't make for exciting and fun journeys. I guess that's why fast travel was put in.
>>
>>382910043
It's the same normie garbage as skyrim. Trash for the masses like bacon and marvel movies.
>>
>>382910415
Actually a lot of your decisions have ripercussions on the overworld. They aren't spelled out for you in a blatant way, but those who pay attention to this shit actually notice a lot of stuff changing.
>>
>>382911476
Do they? Like, am I gonna see BoS patrols if I convince them to leave their vault or somethings like that?
>>
>>382911683
Exactly, stuff like that. Best thing about NV is that your decisions have real effects on the game.
>>
>>382911213
It must be hard being so miserable
Tell us what your favorite games are anon
>>
I wasn't feeling it on my first playthrough, there wasn't much to see, and it took a long ass time to get anywhere, but I like my current unarmed playthrough a lot more. Exploring Vault 22 was probably the most interesting thing I'd done in the game, with doing those favors for those fucking people at the air force base being the worst shit, I think I quit not too long after that.
>>
>>382912042
>New Vegas is trash
>Posts his 3x3 which has it in the center
Are you new to shitposting?
>>
>>382911213
>>382911973
Too scared to post your opinions babby?
>>
It's the best modern Fallout and the best game Bethesda has put out in a decade.
>>
>>382913617
He did, then deleted it.
New vegas was one of the games in the image, I guess he noticed at the last minute and decided to drop the shitposting for now.
>>
>>382910714
>During your trip from one town to another you will find NOTHING worth exploring
Because most of it was hidden off road. And don't bring up road from new spring to primm.
>>
Roleplaying is only good if you like the theme of the world. I like the fucked up world thing.
>>
>>382910714
Only thing overrated in this thread is your life.
>>
>>382910415
Shit makes more sense the longer you play it. The games themes are repeated through the world, and the different places and NPCs all fit together seamlessly. The world is extremely well crafted and you can feel that the devs cared. If you like western RPG's you'll like NV. But you might have to give it a bit more time than 15h. At least play until you enter the strip. Everything before that is prologue.
>>
>>382913794
>Bethesda
>>
>>382913857
>>382912250
lol
>>
Should I install FO3 and TTW?
Kinda in a FO3 mood but I want it to actuallt run

Also if I add quest mods to fallout 3 can they be played in NV via TTW?
>>
>>382910765

>(I could have done something better but my guy had a good science stat so why not)

If you abstain from killing too many dudes in the battle of Goodsprings, you can gain entrance to the Powder Ganger prison where there's a guy who was supposedly a sheriff at some point, and he's a more effective one than the robot.
>>
>>382914687
TTW, 3 crashs constantly even with less crash mod so why bother?
>>
>>382914986
That dude is never hostile unless you attack him first, even if the rest of the powder gangers are. You can kill every PG in the prison and still recruit him.
>>
>>382914986
Robot is funnier. And shooting up a prison filled with squishy powder gangers is fun as fuck
>>
>>382914687
I installed it then uninstalled it once I actually begun playing fo3 again. Literally unplayable fnv ruined 3 for me it used to be one of my favorite game
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.