[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/pol/posting and tumblrposting aside. Would you play a game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4

/pol/posting and tumblrposting aside.

Would you play a game where you play as a WW2 german soldier doing "soldier stuff"? i know it ends with a defeat, but it could make for an interesting story. a bunch of friends or maybe two brothers, something like that.

How would you make a WW2 game from the german perspective without making it a guilt trip but neither a pro-nazism game.

literally the only examples i've found
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4q53dZ3Atw&t
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DSy34-zieI&t
>>
>>382900529
>How would you make a WW2 game from the german perspective without making it a guilt trip but neither a pro-nazism game.

Adapt Marchbattallion by Sven Hassel.
>>
>>382900529
obvious shitposting aside, it sure has to be in a vein of Papers, Please with guilt-trip dilemmas akin to Spec Ops: the Line
>>
>>382900529
>without making it Pro-"nazism"
I thought you said no tumblrposting OP
>>
>>382900529
Doesn't seem that difficult. You play as a regular German soldier in a regular division. You have several close squadmates that get killed tragically over the course of the game because your CO is a dickhead nazi who only has his position because of political schmoozing. At the end you can either surrender or get revenge on the bastards who killed your friends and die.
>>
Just to point out, there is a TV series based on that same premise and I thought it was very well done on that point of view. I highly recommend it.

Generation war.
>>
Why not make an FPS or RTS with a decision based story line. You have options of getting your hands dirty or being a complete moral fag. Either decision would have consequences in the story.

Towards the end of the war you have a couple of endings which involve defending Berlin Fanatically, Surrendering to the Allies or Escaping to Argentina.
>>
>>382901474
>Towards the end of the war you have a couple of endings which involve defending Berlin
i like this idea a lot. maybe add some kids to your unit to make it extra "edgy".

>Fanatically, Surrendering to the Allies or Escaping to Argentina.
also this

>Escaping to Argentina
top jej

i'm thinking the game should also have an allied campaign because it would be too edgy for people
>>
>>382901851

The escaping to Argentina was more towards the officers and other high-ranking legitimate Nazi personnel.

For a common SS soldier, one of the most sensible option was to join the French Foreign Legion and many did. They gained a new alias and could start a new life. Would also make a great expansion possibility in a game.
>>
>>382900529
>without making it a guilt trip but neither a pro-nazism game
You can't. If you make them sympathetic, it's considered pro-nazi. If you don't, you're left playing as the faction invading other countries.
>>
why would I want to play as autistic losers?
>>
>>382900529
You do what Generation War did and bring it down to a more personal level, with the regulars in conflict with their more fanatical Nazi officers. Also being on the losing side of a war doesn't mean anything in terms of telling a story, look at the amount of shit about Americans and Vietnam for example. Setting it on the eastern front would probably make it more palatable for the faggots that get easily offended as well. You don't even need to touch on the political side, just to a Brother in Arms German Edition with a gradually mentally deteriorating squad going through the grinder of Stalingrad or some shit.

However none of this will happen as, ironically, the journos and other sorts that want this industry to be seen as something more than a childrens hobby wouldn't have the maturity to handle this kind of a subject.
>>
Codename panzers, the first one
The german campain was about a dude invading poland on his panzer because the propaganda said to him that "the poles striked first". It was attacked by the media back in the day because it wasn't a nazi killing simulator and portrayed german soldiers like humans that got told lies
>>
>>382901121
Sounds good
>>
>>382902948
The poles did strike first. They refused to give back the city of danzig which was overwhelmingly german and was stolen from germany after WW1. Their boshelvik masters wanted to destroy germany anyway so the war was inevitable.
>>
>>382902841
i guess asking for no tumblrposting was too much
>>
>>382902841
>autistic losers?
Seems like you'd fit right in
>>
Not possible, you'd get eaten alive by people if you try to humanize germans in nazi germany
>>
>>382901043
are you retarded? that made no sense
>>
>>382900529

the main problem with the nazis is that pop culture of the past years turned them into the biggest possible evil that ever existed (we can argue about that fact, especially if compared the the cruelty of the mongols).

But this means featuring a "human" side to the Wehrmacht is a risk, that nobody is willing to take, because you don't want to be labeled as a Nazi-sympathizer in a market that is dominated by kissing the ass of so called "influencers"
>>
>>382901474
being a moralfag as a Wehrmacht soldier or top brass was impossible unless you were keen on getting executed for treason or any other number of reasons the nazis cooked up
>>
>>382900529
>Would you play a game where you play as a WW2 german soldier
No.
>>
>>382904068
That's why there would be consequences for both.
The whole point of the plot has to show the shitty environment you have endure just to survive.
>>
>>382901043
Not all of the german soldiers were die hard nazis. Hell a large chunk probably werent event nazi but were just patriotic.

>>382900529
Yes OP I'd be very interested in playing.
>>
>>382900529
The problem is that general public is convinced that german soldiers were all nazis that eat babbies and stomp puppies.
>>
>>382904390
But that wouldn't work.
As soon as you even showed the slightest moment of hesitation back in the day the Nazis would either send you to the camps, or executed with the rest of the deserters and dissenters, if any.
You were either part of it or you weren't. Of course there were probably several people who masked their true feelings, though. Unfortunately not enough to stop or hinder the war machine.
>>
>>382904805
>tumblrposting
Don't do that.
>>
>>382904868
Shut the fuck up and quit shitposting you blatant summer retard.
>>
>>382904805

I thought these camps were already well over capacity with 11 million jews, gypies, gays and disabled people though?

How big were these camps?!
>>
>>382905054
>11 million
ummm sweetie it was 20 millions and there always was space in the camps because the nazis killed a trillion jews per day
>>
>>382905054
>How big were these camps?!
You could easily look it up or otherwise educate yourself.
Talking shit sure isn't gonna help fill out that void in your knowledge.
>>
>>382904420
Post makes no sense. Fuck off.
>>
>>382905504
neither did yours retard
>>
>>382904805
It is possible if you manage to keep those incidences secret without having much heat get onto you.

One way of reducing heat for being a moral fag would be by being an excellent commander doing as minimal casualties in some missions.

Then again you would have to pick and choose who would buddy with in the course of the war in attempt to avoid rats.

Hell it would be pretty neat alternate sub plot if you manage to get enough connections to get involved in the July 20 plot and actually succeed in the process. Then you attempt to manage the coup.
>>
>>382905710
The only way I could see it work is if it was an indie game in the vein of games like Papers Please and so on forth. Not necessarily graphic wise, just the puzzle-like gameplay.
>>
>>382905932
I was thinking more so Turn-Based Strategy.
>>
/pol/posting and tumblrposting aside, yes.

I've wanted this since I was a kid and played the first CoD, the less known battles like the invasion of Poland and the clusterfuck in the Ardennes parts 1 and 2 would be incredibly dope to play, and there's plenty of space to show the allies perfoming with dignity as well.

Won't happen, but I guess that's what wargames are for.
>>
>>382905318
>Doesn't debate the argument.
Kike.
>>
>>382903918
This famalamadingdongs. Couldn't even make a game entirely based in the Eastern front and killing dirty commies till the last bullet.
>>
>>382906719
there was literally no argument to debate
even if you are baiting conjuring shit out of nothing like that is a sign of autism
>>
>>382903621
This. There's even footage is the Prussian people there giving the Germans flowers and shit for saving their town.
Someone post the Patton diaries excerpts where he even admits we 'slew the wrong pig'.
>>
>>382904420
I don't want to go back to /pol/, it's infested with reddit nowadays.
>>
>>382900529
>Would you play a game where you play as a WW2 german soldier doing "soldier stuff"?
I'd much prefer a Chink soldier. So much interesting shit and we've got fucking nothing.
>>
>>382905504
>say something /pol/
>get told to go to /pol/
WOOOOW wtf???
>>
>>382907091
infch /pol/ is the only one I go to since halfch /pol/ is filled with kikes and BBC spam.
>>
File: f7eb0a_5009936.jpg (75KB, 960x624px) Image search: [Google]
f7eb0a_5009936.jpg
75KB, 960x624px
stop derailing the thread
>>
>>382907207
I didn't know posting history was /pol/.
Die newfag.
>>
>>382907409
>I didn't know posting obscure Nazi-apologia was /pol/
ok
>>
>>382907473
>Oy vey goy why aren't you posting the proper historyâ„¢.
Go look up the footage and tell me the Germans were the invaders kike.
>>
File: 1491767740486.jpg (9KB, 613x247px) Image search: [Google]
1491767740486.jpg
9KB, 613x247px
>>382907776
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.