[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this game any good? It's currently on sale on PSN and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: 2807709-box.jpg (133KB, 513x640px) Image search: [Google]
2807709-box.jpg
133KB, 513x640px
Is this game any good? It's currently on sale on PSN and heard a few good things about it.
>>
>>382894551
turn based grindan.
Of you like that pick it up, if not drop it.
>>
One of my favorite games desu, ps4s hidden gem. Similar to Persona 5 but I enjoyed it even more so.
>>
>>382894551
obligatory don't buy it if you have a slim post
>>
>>382894686
Why?
>>
>>382894686
What happens if you have a PS4 Slim? I'm guessing there's some game breaking bug exclusive to Slim consoles?
>>
>>382894674
Grinding is fine as long as the game is enjoyable and fun.

>>382894686
I have a slim but does the game not run as well or something?
>>
>>382894823
>>382894849
>>382894895

There is a bug that only can happen on slims when you hit chapter 12. It's a crapshoot, some people didn't get it but it's slim only and has never/will never be fixed
>>
You look at this and tell me.
>>
I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would. Crank up the difficulty to hard; normal is too easy.
>>
>>382895403
I heard there was a cross save function in this game? Lets say I save at Chapter 11, cross save onto my Vita for Chapter 12, then go back to my PS4 on 13, I should be alright?
>>
Yeah. I picked it up on my Vita and legitimately loved it enough to get the plat. It has some QoL issues and the difficulty jump between normal and hard was too much, (making the player forced to use specific set-ups to have a chance at surviving), but overall it was really great.
>>
>>382894551
It's shit. Do NOT listen to this guy >>382894675

This game is soulless and repetitive for even JRPG standards.
>>
The base gameplay systems are good but Digimon are disgustingly unbalanced and it desperately needed a difficulty between Normal and Hard. The dialogue/translation was some of the worst I've ever seen in an officially licensed and localized game and totally killed any enjoyment I might've had from the story. I wouldn't recommend it as someone with only a passing interest in Digimon. The best thing I can say about it is that filling the DigiDex is like crack in monster-raising form. Only get it if you just really love Digimon or if filling up a PokeDex is irresistible.
>>
>>382896187
Fuck you the game is just fine
>>
The only ones who believe the game isn't at least worth its money are Next Order fags who are still anally-ravaged over how their Worlds game flopped so hard the devs canned its sequel in favor of a side-quel to Cyber Sleuths.
>>
>>382896492
If you're a child or enjoy watching paint dry. I don't get how someone can enjoy this monotonous linear as fuck game. You can't even digivolve mid-fight.
>>
>>382895974
probably?
>>
>>382894551
It's pretty all right.
>>
File: DAnxeWeXoAAl2O2.jpg (115KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
DAnxeWeXoAAl2O2.jpg
115KB, 1200x675px
The combat is SMTish, turn based with press turn where you can exploit weaknesses. It's pretty fun, it looks pretty good and if you are into digimon there are hundreds and hundreds to raise

There are some flaws, though. The difficulty is too easy on Normal but really tough on Hard (at least on the start, I heard it balances out later on) so you have to pick your poison. The localization could be better and while I didn't have any problem getting 100% at the game, there's some annoying stuff like questions being formatted as regular text boxes so things get a bit confusing (but the answers don't have any impact anyway)

Like >>382896317 said, raising Digimon is probably the best part. Going through trees of monsters just to get that one skill you want then dedigivolving back and then digivolving again to the form you want and then putting them through digifarm training to finetune their stats is pretty great if you are into that sort of stuff

I bought it on a play-asia sale and dumped around 100 hours in it, I would say it's worth it if your standards for JRPGs weren't set incredibly high by this years P5 and Nier

(Also if you are into getting platinum trophies, one of the requires online/PS+ subscription, at least they had the decency to fill the online mode with bots so you don't need to fight actual players)
>>
>>382894551
It was a lot better than I expected
>>
File: cyber-sluts.jpg (3MB, 1552x9350px) Image search: [Google]
cyber-sluts.jpg
3MB, 1552x9350px
>>382895752
>>
>>382896994
>>382895752
The best part of this is that Lilithmon is probably one of the strongest digimon in the game

You can drool over her tits while fucking up every single boss
>>
Reminder that Next Order flopped because it wasn't localized on Vita. Even in Japan it sold better on Vita than on PS4.
>>
>>382897794
The Vita is still a thing in Japan, though
>>
>>382894551
I had lots of fun with it.
>>
>>382894551
If you like grinding its good since youll be scrambling to get all them digivolutions.
Otherwise the game is shit.
>>
If you like collecting monsters, grinding, long story plot, simple turn based combat, spikes of hard difficulty, but otherwise charming characters and of course digimon with cool designs and some cool signature moves, its worth the cheaper price.

Also getting a pseudo sequel (honestly it looks like an expansion sold as a full priced game...) so if you like this game, then well, you have something to look forward too.
>>
>Entire Dianamon line
>Chaosmon
>Goddramon
>Megidramon
>Dorugoramon
>Unimon
>Coalcamon
>Tricermon

WHY IS HACKER MEMORY'S NEW DIGIMON LIST SO QUALITY
>>
>>382898419
The surprising success of Cyber Sleuth prompted them to double-down and add in the best mons
>>
>>382898596
>Cyber Sleuth and Hacker's Memory made by people who grew up watching digimon and who know which Digimon are THE SHIT
>Everyone loves it whose a fan

>Digimon Tri just made by generic anime people who have no idea what people want and just follow anime tropes
>People hate it
>>
>>382896187
This tbqh. Not shit but mediocre. Normal difficulty is too easy and hard is not hard but tedious due to sponge enemies. Dedigivolving is a pain in the ass and you need to do it to evolve anything. Plot is boring and environments even more so. Hot girls though. Overall the game is 4-5/10 depending on how horny I am.
>>
>>382899325
>Dedigivolving is a pain in the ass and you need to do it to evolve anything
Unless you are a smart player and use (Platinum)Sukamons for it, then you can have any team you want in a few minutes
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.