[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the Conan the Barbarian of video games? >inb4 what

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

What is the Conan the Barbarian of video games?

>inb4 what did he mean by this?
Conan the Barbarian came out in a time when the movie industry was bloated with fantasy flicks and was panned by critics because they thought it was just another generic fantasy movie. Years later people looked back into it and realised that there's more substance in the movie than they expected and was by then recognised as a great classic.
>>
all video games are equally good in that they are all shitty

-/v/
>>
bump for curiosity
>>
>>382882081

What the fuck are you talking about? Conan wasn't panned by the critics, it was dismissed as action film trash, albeit entertaining action film trash, which is exactly what it is and no critics have revised their opinions on it because they haven't changed.

Actual examples would be something like The Thing or Starship Troopers, which really were extremely poorly received at the times of their release but many critics have revised their opinions and admitted they got it wrong and the movies are a lot better than they gave them credit for.
>>
>>382882962
>Conan
>action flm trash
Too deep for you, anon?
>>
>>382883543
Not arthouse enough for him, anon.
>>
>>382883690
A movie doesn't have to be arthouse to be good. Conan looks dumb on the surface but it also has some deeper themes to it. It's ironic how he talks about Starship Troopers when it's also similar to that regard.
>>
>>382883543
>>382883690

It's a mediocre action movie. Get over it.
>>
>>382882081
>Conan Exiles
>>
>>382882081
from a literal perspective severance blade of darkness if you play as the barbarian
>>
>>382884106
I know that, and you know that, but arthouse faggots do not know that.
>>
>>382882081
I remember playing a Conan videogame of some sort. It had a sword you had to find parts for and assemble.
>>
>>382883543
>Conan
>deep
I'm a huge fan of the whole series. I even enjoy the pen and paper game and the books.

It isn't deep in the slightest. None of it is. It's generic action fantasy, albeit good generic action fantasy.
>>
>>382884521
>generic action fantasy

It's Pulp.
Genre-defining Pulp, at that.
>>
>>382884521

The film must be pretty deep because even to this day people don't understand what the riddle of steel is.
>>
File: nj0Rm1B.jpg (208KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
nj0Rm1B.jpg
208KB, 1920x1080px
>>382886143

This anon gets it.
Also James Earl Jones as Thulsa Doom was pretty epic.
The scenery was great and especially the soundtrack is one of the best ones ever made.
Basil Poledouris was such an underrated genius.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5KYZ74OAak
>>
File: C5I5SqB.png (297KB, 445x443px) Image search: [Google]
C5I5SqB.png
297KB, 445x443px
>>382882081
While I played it on launch and enjoyed, Fallout: New Vegas fits the bill here. I know a lot people who didn't try it until the GOTY edition was 5 bucks on Steam.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.