[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay. Alright I've solo'd Gael I've solo'd

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 10

File: Midir.jpg (176KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Midir.jpg
176KB, 1280x720px
Okay. Alright

I've solo'd Gael
I've solo'd the Fresh Prince
I've solo'd the vast majority of this game's bosses and areas
But sweet mother of all that is holy, this guy, this big honking piece of shit....
I beat him two days ago and I'm still asshurt about that fight. Does Fromsoft ever even play test this shit?

>Health up the ass: my sharp ASG+10 which does 630 R1 does dick tickle damage to him solo or not
>Practically unavoidable attacks, especially his air bombardment, which can only be avoided if you're in the right place at the right time, or if you manage to move to the left fast enough
>Fidgets like an ADHD motherfucker who's undergoing Ritalin withdrawals: good luck getting any hits in on the off chance that he actually stays in one place, because he'll move around like no one's business and as soon as you swing, you're gonna miss the second he adjusts, which is roughly every two seconds.
>Low visibility: if you're actually close enough to attack him, chances are, his arms are out of view, making it much harder to see his telegraphs.
>That fucking insta-kill Shin Gojira breath
>Runs around the map like a spazz: more than half of the long, grueling fight is just chasing his ass down, that is , as long as he's not baking you into a pitiful fucking crisp with his breath spam/breath and claw stomp temper tantrum.
>Is supposed to be "weak to lightning," but he has so much damn health, it's barely noticeable.
>Only thing that relieves you in any way is the fact that you can riposte him

Gives me conniptions

So /v/, who is your least favorite souls boss?
>>
The camera is my biggest issue with this boss and other hueg bosses like him that flail around.
Bed of Chaos is objectively the worst souls boss but my personal least favorite is the sif rat with his four cronies that toxic you.
>>
>>382877331
>Low visibility: if you're actually close enough to attack him, chances are, his arms are out of view, making it much harder to see his telegraphs
This is my only real problem really. Also goes for other big bosses. I can eventually tell what he's going to do from the way he wriggles his ass but that takes several attempts and cheap deaths.
>>
>>382877783
>Bed of Chaos is objectively the worst souls boss
By design, it certainly is
Funny enough though, by some miracle I managed to get all its gimmicks down right on my first try.
>>
File: c1M6FzB.jpg (192KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
c1M6FzB.jpg
192KB, 1920x1080px
>So /v/, who is your least favorite souls boss?
Yhorm, Wolnir, Wyvern, Tree, Deacons = garbage-tier bosses.
Pontiff, C.Gundyr, SoC, Nameless King, Gael, Midir = God-tier bosses.
>>
>>382878936
Fucking goddamn it the blue sky makes the area so much better
>>
I was dumb enough to play Freedom Unite, so Midir was a cake walk.
>>
>>382878936
I was agreeing with you until you put Midir in with those perfectly good bosses.

Also, is that a mod? Almost make me wanna scrounge up enough money to be mustard race
>>
File: tumblr_onin27IvKQ1qflto8o2_250.gif (3MB, 240x350px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_onin27IvKQ1qflto8o2_250.gif
3MB, 240x350px
>>382877331
Fucking retarded
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxeLdJEhE5A
>>
File: 1498825234355.jpg (28KB, 490x420px) Image search: [Google]
1498825234355.jpg
28KB, 490x420px
>>382879307
>almost ten minutes

Yeah sorry, I'm not about to emulate some tryhard who's fought him over 100 times to memorize his moveset for epic upvotes while fighting a tedious boss for as long as it takes to clear an entire area. I just want a boss that's hard and fun. Pontiff, Gael, and The Twin Princes were hard and fun.

Midir was hard, but he was anything but fun

Also, unless that's your video, you've got no right telling others to git gud.
>>
>>382879638
>fought him over 100 times to memorize his moveset
What's that? I call it a Souls Game
>>
>>382878936
Midir is fucking garbage. Easy as shit fight stretched out for too long.
All of his attacks are easy to avoid and only moderately difficult to read. The only time he mixes up his static as shit patterns at all is when they're followed by a charge, a dark explosion or a tail swipe which are all fairly easy to notice because he stands still after the pattern to do them instead of turning to face you and then doing nothing for a few seconds so you can smack him which he usually does if you're just slightly past his head. Arena is a giant circle and Midir's movements don't make the arena come to any prominence at all so it's barely ever possible to run out of room to maneuver. And his tail not only clips the ground in a completely flat arena with static animations but you can't even cut it for a weapon which makes the fight auto-shit tier on its own since the game pushes the tailcutting reference in your face.

Covetous Demon with more health would honestly be more interesting than this.
>>
File: Slave_Knight_Gael_Buffing.jpg (132KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Slave_Knight_Gael_Buffing.jpg
132KB, 1280x720px
>>382880007
No, I call that tedium

Ten tries was what I needed to recognize his tells and telegraphs beat him, coupled with a sliver of luck. 100 times is autism incarnate and the source of that guy's YouTube dollarydoos. Not interested, sorry. Here's the thing: if it's a boss who I actually would like to fight again, then maybe I'd consider it. In that case, just throw my undead ass at Gael or the Nameless King.

Don't even mention Midir. He's tedious, war of attrition garbage.
>>
File: image00343.jpg (211KB, 1272x900px) Image search: [Google]
image00343.jpg
211KB, 1272x900px
Midir is one of the best dragon fights they've made
>>
>>382880865
If you can't cut the tail that means it's an automatic fail.
>>
File: You Died.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
You Died.webm
2MB, 640x360px
>>382877331
Soulsfags are fucking ridiculous.

Do you faggots actually play any other video games with proper boss battles? This fight is piss fucking easy, he telegraphs moves 5 years in advance
>>
File: 1488307166854.png (86KB, 500x438px) Image search: [Google]
1488307166854.png
86KB, 500x438px
>>382881390
uh oh, spaghetti o
>>
>>382877331
almost every single one that came after 2011
>>
>>382877331
The boss is piss easy once you learn his tells. My only issue with it is that they don't have a secondary lock-on point in the torso. That would mostly eliminate the camera issues.
>>
>>382881559
>im innocent i swear
You souldrones are/were everywhere.
>>
File: your card.png (102KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
your card.png
102KB, 512x512px
>>382881819
That has nothing to do with what I posted.

I pointed out that you consciously entered a thread that obviously does not pertain to anything you enjoy just to blither on about your superiority complex. Whether its autism, which led you to believe it necessary to come in and tell a group you don't like that you don't like them, or some self-aggrandizing God Complex which needs to be fed by unwarranted self importance daily, your motives for coming into this thread were, and are absolutely stupid.

Have one last (you). It's on the house.
>>
>>382881559
How is that relevant? You are literally a fucking mongoloid if you have trouble with this fight. Look at >>382879307 Literally no fucking timing required, just a basic notion of spacing and knowing his moveset.

You people are a fucking joke.
>>
>>382882056
It's too bad the basic hand eye coordination part of your brain is filled with knowledge on how to be a pedantic faggot in a Cambodian cave painting board instead, this thread could have been avoided.

KYS
>>
File: pepper.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
pepper.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>382882087
>>382882251
you protest too much
>>
>>382882056
That's a lot of projection. You should seek help.
In all seriousness - kys my man - souldrones were the fucking worst thing to happen to vidya.
>>
>>382882394
you are very bored
>>
>>382877331
Still don't get this meme, to me he's the easiest boss on the dlc.
Just stay out in front of him and only attack his head.
Only part that can be hard is if you get caught at an awkward distance when he does his super laser, if you're not sure if you've got time to get behind him. But you can avoid that by just running back and dodging them all.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.