[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What games have the best bosses? in general, not just out

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

File: 1499217878291.jpg (227KB, 680x455px) Image search: [Google]
1499217878291.jpg
227KB, 680x455px
What games have the best bosses? in general, not just out of pic related
>>
Soulsborne
>>
>>382876502
Dark Souls. They're mostly memorable
>>
"spectacle fighter" games like Devil May Cry series or Metal Gear Rising have the most fun boss fights
>>
File: gene elvis.png (1011KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
gene elvis.png
1011KB, 1024x768px
>>382876502
>>
Personally Its Metal Gear Rising Revengeance for me
>>
File: gorky.jpg (99KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
gorky.jpg
99KB, 640x480px
>>382876830
>>
>>382876502
Destiny's raid bosses. Overcoming mechanics with no prior knowledge of them with your friends and completing that activity is one of my fondest gaming memories.
>>
File: undying1.jpg (94KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
undying1.jpg
94KB, 1024x768px
>>382876962
>>
Mario (series)
Final Fight
Street Fighter (series)
Doom
Fatal Fury 1-Real Bout 2 (for Geese Howard and Wolfgang Krauser)
Metal Slug 1-3
Dark Souls (series [including Demon's Souls])
Bloodborne
Contra 1-3 and Hard Corps
Art of Fighting 2 (assuming Mr. Big is the only character that counts as a boss of the game)
Smash T.V.
R-Type
Parodius (series)
most CAVE shoot 'em ups
>>
Street Fighter II had THE best bosses of any single game PERIOD. That shit was LEGENDARY for its bosses. You don't see any games now where the bosses are so popular that all of gaming fandom is collectively asking for them to be made playable.
>>
File: git gud the boss.jpg (78KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
git gud the boss.jpg
78KB, 1024x768px
>>382876765
also the hardest
dark souls bosses are only hard because you have to go through the whole level again just to fight or because of ridicolous damage
>>
>>382876641
Dark Souls 1 was actually kinda shitty in terms of Bosses.

You had OnS, Gwyn, Queelag and maybe Iron Golem??
For bad bosses you had: Bed of Chaos, Sif, 4 Kangz, Seath, Gwyndolin, 3 Shades of Asylum, Gaping Dragon

Taurus, Capra and Butterfly aren't even actual Bosses.
>>
>>382880465
Lol, here's your (you)
>>
>>382882697
He's correct as far as the base game goes.

Artorias of the Abyss has Kalameet, Manus, and Artorias which are all in the top 5 fights of the entire game.

Recently I played through Dks1 again on an Sl1 character and I was struck by how many of the bosses just felt like a chore rather than something fun to look forward to.

Stray demon and demon firesage are incredibly lame
Gaping dragon is a one note experience where you run in circles and wait for its dumb ass to run into walls
Bed of chaos isn't even a fight
Ceaseless discharge has wonky attacks and has a stupid cheese that ends faster than ancient wyvern does in 3
Four kings is unsatisfying to fight.

As far as highlight reel bosses go, there's O&S, Gwyn, Artorias, Manus, Kalameet, Priscilla, Quelaag, Gwyndolin, Nito, Sif, Gargoyles and Seath.

Dark souls 3, for all its faults, did a good job of not having that many forgettable or mediocre fights like 1 and 2 had. I've beaten the entirety of Dks2 and struggle to recall bosses that aren't vendrick/nashandra, aldia, or DLC.
>>
Technically every monster in MH series is essentially a boss fight
>>
>>382878336
>You don't see any games now where the bosses are so popular that all of gaming fandom is collectively asking for them to be made playable.
this is literally every fightan game with story-only enemies that are unplayable in multiplayer. developers got smart and started making them unlockable as easter eggs.
>>
>>382885260
Those are niche games niche audiences with bosses no one outside of that niche cares about.

SFII had fucking EVERYBODY wanting those bosses playable.
>>
File: laughingelfman_400x400.jpg (30KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
laughingelfman_400x400.jpg
30KB, 400x400px
Rayman
>>
The entire Monster Hunter series is completely centered around boss fights
>>
>>382877161
Actually undying tops HL2 and even 1 when comes to gameplay and story, shame it was too ahead of it's time and everyone knows half-life more thanks to counter-fagstirke mod.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.