[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What happened to 1v1 competitive videogames? >starcraft >streetfighter

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

What happened to 1v1 competitive videogames?

>starcraft
>streetfighter
>marvel vs capcom
>wc3
>quake

1v1 pvp used to be the default competitive medium. Now everything is dumbed down team shit. There is not one popular 1v1 game anymore. All watered down "esports".
>>
File: 63653318_p0.png (1MB, 960x1237px) Image search: [Google]
63653318_p0.png
1MB, 960x1237px
SA
TO
RI
CHYAAAAAAN~
>>
File: 1470896967487.png (1MB, 1000x737px) Image search: [Google]
1470896967487.png
1MB, 1000x737px
>>382874053
Modern players don't care enough to acknowledge their own faults and weaknesses in order to improve. In 1v1 there's no one you can blame but yourself. That's not to say the audience of 1v1 games no longer exists, just that gaming as a whole has more mainstream appeal. AAA studios aren't going to spend millions on something that niche.
>>
>>382875713
is that why team games are so popular though? I thought it was more the social aspect of normalfags.
>>
>>382877108
Everyone likes socializing to a certain extent. Competitive fighting games at the arcade or local scene offer as much socializing as WoW or Overwatch. Obviously it's not the same as a team game, but a 1v1 game isn't without it's community is what I'm trying to say. Team games however allow you to divert focus away from failure. At the end of the day it's still a game, and the objective is to ultimately win, but with a team game you can just shift blame willy nilly. It's why someone can get so pissed off at league, never get better, yet still keep playing. At some point you would either put the game down, or strive to improve, but you don't have to if there's someone else to blame.
>>
>>382875713
Except thatvpeople constantly found ways to blame anyone but them.

>its luck
>its op
>You just mash buttons. etc

Also, modern day internet. Ofc back in the day most of is 1v1. It was either play with a buddy next to you or over lan, most of the time. There were no means to matchmake 10 people from like half the continent
>>
>>382877614
I think normies just prefer teams and a lack fo competition. They would still blame other things "HE'S MASHING BUTTONS" etc.
>>
Casuals are too scared of 1v1 and prefer team games where they can rely on/blame their teammates. Remember the "ladder anxiety" meme?
>>
Fighting game competitions are still a thing, fuck off.
>>
I never played starcraft until a month ago. I fucking love starcraft.
>>
>>382874053
>>382875713

God I wish for another WC4 or fun competitive RTS. I used to play WC3 when I was younger and couldn't really grasp competitive play completely and would get tower rushed and all kinds of other cheese. I used to play company of heroes fairly well in solo but that's about the last 1v1 game I've played seriously.

I'm so sick of the MOBA/Overwatch "team" attitudes.

I get stuck with some of the same people in OW over and over again and they are the same tryhard DPS only character main where everyone has to cater to them. Everyone's also just out looking for someone to do something wrong if your team is losing so they can blame that person. Then there's the guys that don't join team voice chat and can't coordinate or communicate at all with the team besides them just guessing what to do. Even worse are the guys that have nearly the entire team saying that a single player should change how they're playing to better mesh with the team and he just leaves team voice and ignores them.

I'm so sick of this shit. This isn't teamwork at all, it's just tryhard self-absorbed cry babies being mixed with solid competitive players. The worst part of all of it is that none of these games don't have an "avoid this player" since it gets rightfully used and people just get and endless queue since no one wants to play with them anymore. Unfortunately it also gets abused against good players as well. I just wish they could make an "avoid this player on your team" so all the shitters would get stuck together and all the bros would get grouped.
>>
File: WiiU_screenshot_TV_0144F.jpg (452KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
WiiU_screenshot_TV_0144F.jpg
452KB, 1280x720px
guiltygear is p good
smash is fun with mods
>>
the real reason is that team games are just more fun
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.