[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ambose n/recommended/65540/ >

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

File: Gothiccover.png (127KB, 315x400px) Image search: [Google]
Gothiccover.png
127KB, 315x400px
http://steamcommunity.com/id/ambosen/recommended/65540/
>Don't buy this game. Steam sells it in a *non functional state*, where it will literally not *even attempt to launch.* Verifying the game cache does not work to fix it, and neither will atttempting to run it via an emulator. The steam installation is literally missing critical files required for the game to run. Getting these files is possible, but unlawful in many nations if you don't already have a CD copy of the game to do so with. And they will not honor requests for a refund on it. The developer is no longer in business, ditto the publisher.

>There is no support to be had for any issues relating to it, and this particular issue is *specific* to Steam's version of the game. If you buy it, buy it elsewhere.

Why does /v/ shill for this game again?
>>
Just buy GOG version or pirate.
>>
>>382873865
Don't fall for the gothicmeme OP, only one tard shills for this game. It's nothing special
>>
>>382873865
>And they will not honor requests for a refund on it.

Lol as if that's up to the publisher. You can refund any game you damn please as long as it's under 2hrs played / under 14 days since you bought it.
>>
>>382874087
>t. babby whose first "RPG" was Skyrim
>>
I mean its pretty easy to install mods that fix those issues anyway but i agree anon selling a 10 plus year old game in a sorry state is pretty jewy
>>
>>382874515
>buy 10 games on Steam sale
>put Gothic on your backlog
>decide to play it two months later
>get cucked
>>
It actually works just fine but you can't launch it from steam because the overlay fucks it up
>>
i've heard a lot of acclaim for gothic 2 but not a lot of gothic 1. should i play 1 before 2 or is that not necessary?
>>
>>382880453

Might as well if you're not allergic to clunky controls or old graphics. Not a bad game by any means.
>>
>>382880453
Yes, it's one continuum.
>>
>>382873865
You have to install the systempack either way if you don't want to play at 25fps and it also fixes all of the issues.
>>
>>382873865
>buying old games on Steam
you did this to yourself
>>
>>382880453
Those two games are actually quite connected, there are some quests that require knowledge from previous game to finish them.
However when you meet old characters you can say that you don't remember them and they will remind you who they were.
Anyway i'd still recommend playing the first Gothic because it's actually way easier than Gothic 2 Gold Edition (which is hard as fuck).
Gothic 2 however has better mechanics and less clunky combat. It's probably the pinnacle of the series. Also Jarkendar is the best map added in expansion in any RPG i've seen.
>>
>>382881912
I'm trying gothic 1 now and the combat controls are clunky as fuck or is there some trick to it
>>
>>382882294
The controls are way more clunky in the first game but you will get used to them with time and they actually will feel good. Also at first your fight animations are total garbage (holding one handed weapon with two hands). Try to get some Ore and Skill Points and spend them to that bald guy in red armor who owns Arena in Old Camp for next level of one-handed combat. It will feel much better than.
>>
gothic was better off with an annual thread
now it turned into a fucking meme

buy it on gog
combat gets better the more you level up
controlls are clunky at first
just enjoy the game and don't make retarded bait threads like this one
>>
>too much of a brainlet to install patches
you wouldn't enjoy this game anyway
>>
>>382876070
>Not testing your games when you buy them

Jesus christ stop buying fucking games you fucking Steam whale
>>
>>382874087
t. Complete moron
>>
gothic 2 without expansion in better than notr
>>
>>382883509
wut. Jharkendar is one of the best places ever designed in video games.
>>
File: 1468429903289.jpg (29KB, 412x430px) Image search: [Google]
1468429903289.jpg
29KB, 412x430px
>>382883627
don't get me wrong, i love jharkendar. The problem i have with this game is the leveling system. it's basically impossible to raise your str higher than 90 and weapons proficency to 100 with just skill points. You have to gather those retarded stone tablets. After investing a rather large amount of time into the game and being in act 4, i just couldn't be bothered to go backtrack the entire map looking for those little shits. Call me a casual but i'm just not doing that. There is no way of knowing how many tablets there are in the game without looking it up online. There is no way of knowing what % of weapon skill you have to get before using those tablets, and the game is so fucking stingy with skill points that you basically have to look it up. In vanilla game at least you have the leisure to invest into anything you want like gathering animal parts and blacksmithing. In NOTR it all feels like a waste of skill points, bar Irdorath. It feels like a chore to play the expansion.
>>
>tfw you were wearing clothes that increase str over 30 so wasted extra LP points raising str that will gimp you for the rest of the game
>>
>>382884653
Yea this is quite bad actually. If you Level stats when wearing items with buffs or eat food/potions that give you those before maxing them out you basically waste Skill Points.
>>
>press the combinaton of three buttons to pick up an item The Game
I wish I was joking
>>
>>382884903
literally 2 buttons waterbrain
>>
>>382877448
does disabling the overlay in the game settings not work?
>>
Just pirate it, what are you? a faggot?
>>
>>382876070
i had a successful return on the gothic collection after 20 days (5 mins playtime).
>>
>>382874887
It could be worse, he could be Morrobaby.
>>
>>382883391
I have better shit to do than to download hundreds of gigs onto my SSD, start every game once and delete them all again to free up space. If I buy a game I assume it works. I knowingly take the risk that I won't be able to refund a game if I don't like it, but selling games that plain don't work is breach of contract.
Also what the fuck is a Steam whale
>>
>>382873865
>kraut shovelware doesn't work proberly

List of surprised people:
>
>
>
and of course without forgetting
>
>>
File: 4f4.png (841KB, 1280x738px) Image search: [Google]
4f4.png
841KB, 1280x738px
>>382887114
>I have better shit to do

No you dont
>>
File: bodacious-space-pirates-3.jpg (158KB, 1600x1000px) Image search: [Google]
bodacious-space-pirates-3.jpg
158KB, 1600x1000px
>>382873865
Maybe because /v/ is smart enough not to use Steam?

I sure as hell avoid Valve if it is at all possible. Fuck it OP I think my seedbox still has the Gothic games. You're welcome.
>>
>>382887238
Nigga I'm currently writing my thesis, preparing a presentation in front of hundreds of people and writing university applications. I'm the most stressed out I've ever been in my life. I haven't touched vidya or animu in four weeks, and it's slowly killing me.
>>
>>382887114
A whale is someone who spends a lot of money somewhere. Someone in like the top whatever% of customers.
>>
>>382887492
Stop posting on /v/ you fucking retard
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.