[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>take out monster nest >take out bandit camp >loot shit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 330
Thread images: 64

File: thewitcher3ps41jpg-7c5504.jpg (318KB, 1000x1276px) Image search: [Google]
thewitcher3ps41jpg-7c5504.jpg
318KB, 1000x1276px
>take out monster nest
>take out bandit camp
>loot shit
>follow markers on the map

this is different from your run of the mill open world ubisoft title... how exactly?
>>
>>382870145
Bloodborne was shit.
>>
I agree
>>
>"witcher 1 is too simple!!"
>witcher 3 combat: mouse1-mouse1-sign-mouse1-mouse1-mouse1-sign-mouse1-loot
>>
>>382870145
>you can turn off the markers on map and minimap and follow natural points of interest, the map was made with that intention in mind
>by doing this you increase difficulty by not 100% everything and actually having lack of money through the game
>Death March actually stays challenging
>not every quest is a "use your batman senses" bullshit
CDPR actually thought that you wouldn't be so retarded and would be able to set the game yourself, but they were wrong. I guess people need to have everything served on a silver platter like in Dark Souls because setting and customizing difficulty is too hard apparently.
This is why cost of everything is scaled up in HoS and BaW. Because they gave up and knew people will grind instead of enjoying the game at correct pace.
>>
>>382870756
>Turn off markers
>>Can't find anything due to a lack of direction descriptions
wooow best game ever
>>
>geralt gets his ass hicked with two or three hits by enemies who are at a much lower level than him

why does this happen
>>
>>382870756
I fucking love this game but you know that's a god damn lie. I once decided to go the extra mile and look for the footprints in a quest and it wouldn't trigger the cutscene at the end of them until I used by Witcher sense. Shit like that is rampant throughout the game because of that mechanic. It's arguably one of the games most glaring flaws.
>>
>>382871806
At least in HoS they fixed it. There is a quest where you have to find a missing friend of a halfling. You find an abandoned village where only two old people live and the quest would end here when you think that the guy was eaten by wolves.
However when you use witcher senses and look in correct places you will find that those are cannibals and they ate the dude.
>>
File: witcherhitboxes2.webm (1MB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
witcherhitboxes2.webm
1MB, 900x506px
>>382870145
To Ubisoft's credit they at least have functional combat even if it's very simple, can't say the same about Witcher.
>>
>>382872817
what triggers me more about this is that he's almost leveling up and has yet to spend his character point
>>
>>382871194
>Enemy is one level higher than you
>Literally takes a few hundred hits to go down
>>
And half the fucking game is watching a cutscene. And you have to double space every time you want to skip a line. What fun!
>>
>>382872817
Why do blame CDPR if you can't play for shit
>>
>>382870145
Instead of towers, you just look at a notice board to reveal stuff on the map. Worlds apart I know.
>>
>>382870145
No niggers in my medieval European setting.
>>
>>382870145
You're sucking on tiny slavcocks while doing it
>>
>>382870756
>Death march actually stays challenging
Yeah, until you get to novigrad then its a fucking cakewalk

>Quen
>Attack
>Dodge
>>
>>382870145
>this is different from your run of the mill open world ubisoft title... how exactly?
It isn't. But somehow the PCf-a-g-s of /v/ pretend Witcher3 represents (or is?) a PC game so they constantly overhype it.
It has decent characters and a couple dozen neat side-quests (plot-wise only, not in mechanics or gameplay), but the rest of the game - every single aspect - is mediocre or bad. Witcher3 is a mediocre game with bad combat, that's all there is to it.

Just wait for the TV series to get the best Witcher experience. As games they aren't good.
>>
>>382870145
>Double click icon,
>Press buttons,
>Character moves and does things.

this is different from your run of the mill game released in the past 20 years... how exactly?
>>
File: 14453526565790.jpg (7KB, 250x241px) Image search: [Google]
14453526565790.jpg
7KB, 250x241px
>>382870145
Oh look it's this thread again
>>
>>382880724
t. upset console poorfag
>>
File: witcher 3 animations.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
witcher 3 animations.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>382870145
The only reason people like it so much is because the world looks good and not every quest involve killing someone.
Every quest does involve witcher senses though, which are trash.

The game is good but it has a metric shitton of issues and bad game design decisions. It's also made with lowest common denominator "gamers" in mind. Don't believe anyone who says it's more complex or makes you think more than Skyrim or any Ubisoft checklist simulator.
Also, the game was rushed as fuck and is obviously unfinished at times. Skellige is a joke and should've been cut out of the game and released as DLC later as well.

Honestly, the only thing TW3 is worth playing for is its DLCs. HoS is exactly what makes Witcher series, both games and books, good. B&W suffers from a lot of things that made vanilla game shit, but it also adds good quests and brings production values to a passable level.
>>
>>382881408
console fag here, can confirm the PS4 version of Witcher 3 is near unplayable due to the excruciating loading times.

Actual serious question, is forcing the player to sit thru a long, boring loading time when they die a legitimate form of difficulty, as in it's your punishment for playing the game incorrectly and dying as a result? Like it used to be losing all your lives and getting a game over, therefore having to play the entire level/world/game, was the punishment, but now nearly every game saves atleast every 10-30 minutes, so is the arbitrary requirement of having to load the entire game again when you die the modern replacement for that? Cause in Witcher 3, no matter how many times you die, you can always save right you're standing, so there's never any danger of losing progress, only the danger of having to wait and apply all your buffs and obligatory Quen shield
>>
File: muh death march.webm (3MB, 320x200px) Image search: [Google]
muh death march.webm
3MB, 320x200px
>>382870756
This post was made by a proper shill.

>you can turn off the markers on map and minimap and follow natural points of interest, the map was made with that intention in mind
Wrong. You always have to rely on markers because no one ever gives you real directions.
>by doing this you increase difficulty by not 100% everything and actually having lack of money through the game
Wrong. I played the game on DM with POIs off and never needed money for anything other than Runewright's last 2 upgrades. By the end of HoS I got enough for those and then some as well.
>Death March actually stays challenging
Loving Every Laugh. Vanilla game becomes a joke once you hit lvl 15-20 or so. No matter which build you go with, you become so OP you can easily fuck up monsters 10 levels higher than you. DM also makes no sense: shirtless bandit in B&W can kill you in 3 hits, but you have to hit them 20 times.
Not every, but 98% are. Not even TW3 fanboys defend batman senses anymore, get on with times shill.
>>
File: 1322.png (11KB, 590x407px) Image search: [Google]
1322.png
11KB, 590x407px
>>382870145
>/v/irgins STILL mad W3 turned out to be a masterpiece
>>
File: optimization.webm (3MB, 960x600px) Image search: [Google]
optimization.webm
3MB, 960x600px
>>382882525
>MMO level scaling
>impossible not to get overpowered around level 20 unless you fully ignore perks, mutagens, gear, signs and runes
>piss easy even on Death March due to how predictable and limited enemy movesets are
>lvl 6 drowners and nekkers hit harder than lvl 25 cyclopses and in groups pose more threat than any large monster 10 levels higher than you
>quests rely on rule of three so much you might thing the game was made by Ubisoft
>helped Scoia'tael in TW2? Too bad, no Iorveth or Saskia for you, now Roche is your best friend
>let major character die? Whatever, even if they live they're out of the picture for the rest of the game anyway
>Eredin has less dialogue than that big bad dragon from Skyrim, you get fuck all motivation to pursue Wild Hunt other than "gotta protect muh daughter" if you haven't read source material
>Radovid turned into edgy saturday morning cartoon villain because the game needed an excuse for Dijkstra's plotline, I guess?
>crafting completely useless outside witcher gear
>want to jump or climb to progress when there's some harpy flying about and won't get close to you? Too bad!
>enemy reskins are just that, reskins. it doesn't matter how drowner, water hag or siren is called, they have the exact same abilities
>3 games in, quest fights still start in the middle of combat with fade-out-of-black screen that prevents certain inputs
>3 games in, sound mixing is still horrible, some scenes are as comical as Deadly Premonition
>30FPS prerendered (rendered on consoles settings, no less) cutscenes for most basic scenes
>why is underwater """combat""" even a thing?
>Skellige breaks story pacing, recommended for lvl16 for some reason
>Places of dohvakiin power
>post Kaer Morhen defense content is rushed as fuck
>ending epilogue only touches Temeria as a whole, Ciri, Geralt and his love interest, nothing more

>Masterpiece
How much are polacks paying you?
>>
>>382882368
Disinformation: The Post.
>>
File: shadow world.webm (3MB, 736x460px) Image search: [Google]
shadow world.webm
3MB, 736x460px
>>382882645
Shill already can't find an argument one reply in? You guys were doing a much better job 2 years ago.

Come on, shilly, try and disprove those.
Pro-tip: you can't because that's exactly how the game works.
>>
>>382870145
because the crap you mentioned is 10% of the game at most and 100% avoidable if you hate it. yet W3 haters obsessively cling to it

it's the best game that came out in the last decade
>>
>>382882804
>Loving Every Laugh. Vanilla game becomes a joke once you hit lvl 15-20 or so. No matter which build you go with, you become so OP you can easily fuck up monsters 10 levels higher than you. DM also makes no sense: shirtless bandit in B&W can kill you in 3 hits, but you have to hit them 20 times.

First you say that DM is too easy, but the piss your pants saying you can't beat humans in no less than 20 hits. Have you tried not hitting their shields, or not getting parried? Have you tired doing anything but spamming light attack?

You are obviously baiting, no point wasting my time with you furthermore.
>>
Great another one of these threads. Botw is trash compared to the witcher just learn to deal with it OP
>>
Just enjoy the game faggots. It's much better than any American """"RPG""""
>>
File: Dumbass.jpg (63KB, 755x630px) Image search: [Google]
Dumbass.jpg
63KB, 755x630px
>>382882626
Let me guess, you think the original Thief games and Oblivion are your examples of 'da perfukt video gam mastapiecus'
>>
File: The_Sword.jpg (59KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
The_Sword.jpg
59KB, 640x480px
>>382883671
Thief I and II are much better than Witcher 3 though you taffer.
The Sword is pure kino.
>>
>>382872919
HOLY SHIT
That's what the white bar is? I never figured out what the fuck it's supposed to be. Thank you for inadvertently solving a mystery for me
>>
File: sprl.jpg (3KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
sprl.jpg
3KB, 125x125px
>>382883762
Never change, nostalgiafags
>>
File: 1499191572082.jpg (47KB, 555x314px) Image search: [Google]
1499191572082.jpg
47KB, 555x314px
>>382883869
Literally beat The Dark Project a week ago for the first time, aside from Thieve's Guilds the game is a masterpiece of game design and lets you the player tackle the obstacles by interacting with the games systems in place.
>>
File: power of ragdolls.webm (1MB, 960x600px) Image search: [Google]
power of ragdolls.webm
1MB, 960x600px
>>382883151
>brandead damage sponges make DM challenging
>u-ur just playing it wrong
???
Had a brain aneurysm there, buddy? And how does that excuse bandits that make no sense? What about enemy upscaling option that turns rats into killing machines that deal over 1k damage per bite? That's some quality polack balance and attention to detail.
Also, why wouldn't you just spam light attack on enemies if IT JUST WORKS? Bandits? Spam light attack until parried, backstep, repeat. Draconid or griffin? Sidestep, then light or heavy attack. Though there's always this >>382882368
backstep + heavy attack spam wins anything any day.
Not even going to mention Whirl, that shit is so broken it's hilarious.

>You are obviously baiting, no point wasting my time with you furthermore.
And here he's throwing in the towel already. GG no re shilly
>>382883671
>no arguments
>hurrr, name what games you like so I could call them shit
My GOAT is original X-Com, good luck.
New Vegas was more of a masterpiece than TW3, with all its bugs and cuts. Because unlike TW3 Obsidian didn't try to fit 2 games into one or fell into generic open world checklist hole.
Oblivion had more memorable quests than TW3, sorry kid.
>>
File: 134.png (107KB, 470x364px) Image search: [Google]
134.png
107KB, 470x364px
>>382884036
The games you like are shit, kid
>>
File: cd2.jpg (14KB, 261x199px) Image search: [Google]
cd2.jpg
14KB, 261x199px
>>382884036
>X-Com
>>
>>382870145
GO FUCK YOU'RE SELF
>>
File: 1498755647504.jpg (674KB, 3172x961px) Image search: [Google]
1498755647504.jpg
674KB, 3172x961px
>>382870145
B-B-B-B-BUT GAMEPLAY DOESN'T MATTER! IT'S ALL ABOUT STORY!

>oneiromancer is barely able to figure out who has seen Ciri last time a day ago, yet can vividly recall the scene of regicide that took place in another universe years ago, in slow motion and perfect camera work

>Dudu says that dopplers take up not only the looks, but also characters of people they pose as
>becomes Whoreson Jr. (the guy who gets off on torturing and killing women in droves) and turns him into a good guy

>Fencing Lessons
>oh shit, Rosa and Edna are twins and Edna seems jealous, I bet it turns out that Edna will come to training instead to steal Geralt away!
>that never happens
>later found out that quest was indeed cut

>Absolute Madman Lugos
>think there's gonna be a long quest line where he'll try to throw new king/queen off the throne and get himself crowned instead
>that never happens, you just kill him after a brief dialogue

>oh shit Fringilla Vigo is in the game!
>I bet they'll have a lot to talk about with Geralt, there better be a sex scene!
>one dialogue line that has jack shit to do with their past relationship
>doesn't even appear in B&W
>>
>>382882854
when i game is perfect faggots have to cling to inconsequential avoidable shit to have at least something to whine about: see FF12 and gambits
>>
>>382884036
fuck this guy have a point im no longer want to play this game.
FUCK YOU I HATE YOU
>>
I love the lack of arguments from Witcherfags

What's funny is they try to act like the victim when they come under fire when it was them who were up in everybody's faces ever since Witcher 3 released heralding it as the GOAT, spamming Goty pics in other generals in /vg/ and derailing threads about other games to shill their mediocre shit.
>>
>>382884036
>brandead damage sponges make DM challenging

You didn't understand anything.

>What about enemy upscaling option that turns rats into killing machines that deal over 1k damage per bite?

This isn't darksouls buddy, there are no rat enemies ingame. Can't doge a "rat", or what? Are you just shit?

Also, you complain that LA work, but than also complain that the enemies are sponges. Wut?

I'd tell you to make up your mind, but you obviously nothing better to do.
>>
>>382884631
somebody stop him !
>>
File: 1495467399050.jpg (25KB, 316x316px) Image search: [Google]
1495467399050.jpg
25KB, 316x316px
>>382884615
>TW3
>perfect
Explain everything after Kaer Morhen defense then. I'll wait.
>>
What is the point of these threads? To try and retroactively change the minds of people who already bought and liked these games or maybe just have a circlejerk with the other contrarian minority to validate your own views?
>>
>>382884036
>Oblivion had more memorable quests than TW3,
This is just pure nonsense. Not that the whole post is more than the most basic deflection a la "just do x nigger its easy"
>>
>>382884912
>reeeeee stop I'M THE VICTIM
>>
>>382884854
>I'll wait.
Not him, but you dont have to wait long? What do you want to have explained? The story how they finlized their preparations against the Wild Hunt, or what is it?
>>
File: CjcQBE6.jpg (36KB, 362x346px) Image search: [Google]
CjcQBE6.jpg
36KB, 362x346px
>>382884965
>>
>>382884912
>>382884965
Can u answer the question
>>
File: 1495399056749.png (796KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1495399056749.png
796KB, 1600x900px
>>382884912
>What is the point of these threads?
About 8/10 threads are made by the same guy
>>
File: le we need another villain face.jpg (254KB, 1234x900px) Image search: [Google]
le we need another villain face.jpg
254KB, 1234x900px
>>382884731
>You didn't understand anything.
Explain then. Go on.
>This isn't darksouls buddy, there are no rat enemies ingame.
>there are no rat enemies ingame
>one of the major side quests features rat enemies
So you haven't played the game you defend? Okay.
>HOW DARE YOU SAY THE GAME IS EASY AND COMPAIN ENEMIES ARE POORLY DESIGNED
Not sure if serious or you're just too stupid to understand that difficulty != balance != game design
>>
>>382885134
yeah but he have a point
>>
>>382885134
Jesus fuck how can one man be this autistic?
I was beggining to this this was a dedicated troll
>>
>>382884959
>NUH-UH
Epic argument courtesy of Witcher 3 shill.
I bet most people who call TW3 10/10 GOAT never even played TW1/2 that did many things better than 3.
>>
>>382885318
> I bet most people who call TW3 10/10 GOAT never even played TW1/2 that did many things better than 3.

wrong
>>
>>382885408
Case in point.
>>
>>382885482
you made assumptions about witcher players, got told by a witcher player you are talking out your ass. play stupid games win stupid prizes
>>
>>382885318
Witcher 3 is definitely better than 1 & 2. The first games were great, but 3 is better.
Also I like how you're implying that saying 'Witcher 3 has better quests than oblivion' is somehow less valid than you saying 'Oblivion has better quests than Witcher 3'
>>
>>382885194
Wait. You mean to say you were BTFO by the those tiny fuckers in "Now or Never"? Those rats? Well holy shit.

You either suck massive balls, or shill terribly, since that was patched long ago.

>HOW DARE YOU SAY THE GAME IS EASY AND COMPAIN ENEMIES ARE POORLY DESIGNED
Not sure if serious or you're just too stupid to understand that difficulty != balance != game design

Also, again, you make no sense. From this point I am going to name you doublethink, since that is what you're good at.
>>
I actually turned off the mini map altogether and played on hard mode due to how much people were complaining about it for my first playthrough and it really added to the game. Looking for signs of a village on screen like some smoke from a chimney, or a field or something, was brilliantly immersive. The level designers really thought out how villages need to work, so aside from checking the pause menu map to see what general direction I needed to go, I could just navigate by sight.

The only times it became a pain was when it came to finding stray monster nests or camps off in the woods somewhere, but it was a fair tradeoff.
>>
>>382885675
he was talking about the mice in a tower of mice. you need to be an abomination of a player to get killed by any of those
>>
>>382885830
>tower of mice.
Ah, that one. I really thought he meant something like monstrous rats. It says much if you consider rats enemies in TW3.
>>
>>382870145
What RPGs are better than this then?
>>
File: 1489167323286.png (3MB, 2280x794px) Image search: [Google]
1489167323286.png
3MB, 2280x794px
>>
>>382886070
You wouldn't like them, they don't hold your hand.
>>
>>38288597
too be fair on death march a group of rats can fuck you up in seconds
>>
File: 1487100915159.png (4MB, 1240x4772px) Image search: [Google]
1487100915159.png
4MB, 1240x4772px
>>
>>382886136
Fine with no hand holding, what would you recommend that has a good plot and a good world that is an engaging?
>>
>>382886219
I didn't think you'd want that kind of thing, I mean they don't even have Eagle Vision. Are you sure you're not already satisfied with the Wild Hunt?
>>
>>382885582
TW3 main story is a rushed, unfocused and painfully unfinished mess. Gotta say thanks to open world meme for that.
TW1 also did the whole Witcher thing much better than 3. TW3 world doesn't even feel like Witcher universe, it's too grimdark for the sake of being grimdark, majority of quests have either ends up with people dying or with classic GOTCHA SOMEONE YOU DIDN'T EXPECT DIES. Witcher is not GoT, yet CDPR couldn't resist appealing to memethrones fanbase due to its popularity. But at least they understood their errors with B&W.

Talking about open world, CDPR steps on the same rakes as other RPGs that /v/ shits on, yet no one ever mentions it
>Fallout 3 comes out
>/v/ shit on how you have to find ur da, but get distracted by side shit for months and that "ruins the pacing"
>Skyrim comes out
>/v/ shit on how you have to defeat da evil, but get distracted by side shit for months and that "ruins the pacing"
>Fallout 4 comes out
>/v/ shit on how you have to find ur son, but get distracted by side shit for months and that "ruins the pacing"
>TW3 comes out
>/v/ praises the shit out of it when you have to find your Mary Sue daughter AND save the world but distracted by looting hundreds smuggler caches for months
>>
>>382870226
Fps wise!!!!
>>
>>382878404
>the tree monster swings an appendage that's on the opposite side of where you stand, meters away from you, appendage didn't touch you or even getting close during the whole attack animation
>still get hit
Are you just pretending to be retarded or are you natural?
>>
>>382886361
"Hey, if you don't like this game, show us an example of a game you like more than TW3"
>Uhh..Uhh... SORRY! YOU AREN'T GOOD ENOUGH TO PLAY THOSE GAMES! YEAH, THAT'S RIGHT!
>>
>>382886361
You still haven't named anything.
>>
>>382886463
I don't understand what you mean, anon.
>>
File: lets take this outside.webm (3MB, 1120x700px) Image search: [Google]
lets take this outside.webm
3MB, 1120x700px
>>382885575
>about witcher players
Excuse me? If that a new "gamer" or something? I played all 3 games, am I a "witcher player", or not good enough to be considered one?
>>
>>382886505
I was jokingly implying that you can't even name a game better than TW3
Now recommend a better RPG, this is your chance to open the eyes to us witchercucks
>>
>>382886501
There's no point since no RPG can surpass the Witcher 3.
>>
>>382885675
>>382885830
Talking about retards who can't read.
>>
>>382886070
Deus Ex
VtM:B
Vagrant Story
Gothic II Gold
>>
File: 1498552646644.png (82KB, 380x264px) Image search: [Google]
1498552646644.png
82KB, 380x264px
>>382886219
>muh plot
>>
>>382886584
Anon I think you have the wrong impression.
>>
File: 1498748234785.png (257KB, 303x353px) Image search: [Google]
1498748234785.png
257KB, 303x353px
>>382885675
>Witcher 3 shills can't even read
As expected. After all, who else would call a game made for modern ""gamers"" without any attention span best game of the decade?
>>
Just think for a minute that few people are so butthurt 2 years after release that they still spam disinformation and paste in every Witcher 3 thread.
>>
>>382886614
>>382886747

Nice non-argument you got there.
>>
>>382886796
Dude, gotta open the eyes of the people about the game that was bought by millions and universally praised as the best RPG of this generation
If they don't, WHO WILL?
>>
>>382870145
>hourly "hahahahaaa witcher 3 is shit amirite lads???? do i fit in nao???!??! xdd please notice how unique i am!! xdd"

Fuck this gay board. I'm leaving and never coming back.
>>
>mfw people call TW3 an RPG

Do you also call Doom an RPG because you roleplay as a doomguy?
>>
>>382886918
See you in an hour
>>
>>382886918

See you in 2 hours
>>
>>382886918
Same. Nothing redeeming here. This board alone will tank 4chan to a shit level below reddit.
>>
File: 9oDDQ.jpg (43KB, 494x493px) Image search: [Google]
9oDDQ.jpg
43KB, 494x493px
>I don't like the popular thing

K, you special little snowflake you. *pats head*
>>
>>382884631
retarded fans dont make the game bad, its single player after all
>>
>>382887048
popular shit game = shit game
>>
>>382886118
when will gothic autists stop ruining RPG discussion on /v/?
>>
>>382884631
>Fans of a game influencing what you think of the game

Good job, loser.
>>
>>382886841
>non-argument
It's true though. I said that rats get broken by enemy upscaling option and you start implying that I'm bad at the game and completely ignore previous discussion on how easy DM is and how poorly enemies are designed? How does your brain even function? Does it, at all?
>>
>>382887145
The irony is so thick in this post.

>>382887167
This is bait.
>>
>>382886974
Are you the guy nobody want's to pen and paper with because you always selfinsert?
>>
File: 599708364_preview_skyrim-logo.jpg (503KB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
599708364_preview_skyrim-logo.jpg
503KB, 2560x1600px
>>382887041
You got that right, bro.
>>
>>382887143
ok, but what does that have to do with what i said?
>>
Why are people so asshurt about Witcher 3 succeeding?
>>
File: witcher3wiki.jpg (9KB, 446x26px) Image search: [Google]
witcher3wiki.jpg
9KB, 446x26px
>>382886974
>>
>>382887282
A shit game is still shit if it's popular. Are you a third worlder who can't understand English?
>>
File: 1495468240701.jpg (138KB, 449x401px) Image search: [Google]
1495468240701.jpg
138KB, 449x401px
>>382887214
>pen and paper
Sorry, I'm not a zit-faced virgin.
>>
>>382887301
It's Bethesdrones.
>>
>>382887213
rpgs are impossible to discuss without you jealous fags shitposting for attention
>>
>>382887301
assblasted soulsfags that TW3 stole all the gotys from their demon souls v4
>>
File: 1498755910179.jpg (111KB, 700x913px) Image search: [Google]
1498755910179.jpg
111KB, 700x913px
>best game of the decade
lol
>>382887309
Warms my heart that people still eat up everything marketing departments feed them.
>>
>>382887213
>This is bait.

Round of applause for the genius
>>
>>382887320
that has nothing to do with what i said, you mongoloid
>>
>>382870145
Ubisoft games are bland. I mean you'd have to be autistic to think that's all there is to either game.

But Ubi games are concentrated mediocrity
>>
>>382887207
Of course doublethink. Nice to see that you can't follow through your own points. Your whole point is about some rats. Which were patched. As I told you. You only had to read.

And I'm not implying you're bad. I'm implying you're terrible. I think you got btfo by those critters, went on to see a let's play, and then went on this cesspool to shitpost.
>>
>>382887347
>Still believing pen and paper is for basement nerds only
Pen and paper is more fun than any videogame to date. The basement dweller meme is slowly dying and things like D&D are getting a larger audience by the day, which is great news.
>>
>>382887347
Of course you aren't, Fatlus
>>
>>382887320
popular

/ˈpɒpjʊlə/

adjective

liked or admired by many people or by a particular person or group.

"Witcher 3 is one the most popular games of this generation"
synonyms: well liked, liked, favoured, in favour, well received, approved, admired, accepted, welcome, sought-after, in demand, desired, wanted;

>"A shit game is still shit if it's popular."

By definition, wrong.
>>
>>382887347
>Persona reaction image

So you are a fat zit-faced virgin instead?
>>
>>382887443
>the game doesn't fit into my own arbitrary definition of RPG therefore the game is not an RPG

get fucked nintodddler.
>>
File: th.jpg (10KB, 288x216px) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
10KB, 288x216px
why play either when you could just play Skyrim or even pic related?
>>
>>382882021
>lowest common denominator

You mean it has mass appeal. /v/'s concept of what makes a good game is so shitty that if you came here to gain market or artistic insight as a developer you'd end up with a game that no one, save for the small collection of "hardcore" gamers on /v/, would actually likes.
>>
>>382870145
Ya finna seething, pinhead
>>
File: chiaki_nanami.jpg (128KB, 960x544px) Image search: [Google]
chiaki_nanami.jpg
128KB, 960x544px
>>382870145
It's not. Witcher 3 is still an open world game like Skyrim with everything that entails.

It just has better lore/world building, characters and story. But don't expect the gameplay to be different from what has come before.
>>
>>382870145
god tier cast of characters
entertaining quests
decent story
>>
>>382887741
Nailed it.

So many /v/ posters have this undeserved superiority complex because they relentlessly try to avoid being associated with anything considered mainstream.
>>
>>382887795
It also has better gameplay than Skyrim..
>>
File: 1490805316639.jpg (19KB, 229x272px) Image search: [Google]
1490805316639.jpg
19KB, 229x272px
>>382887301
Because just like Skyrim before, it shows that you don't need good gameplay mechanics, clever writing, roleplay elements or good quests to make a "10/10 RPG". All you need is a big world filled with menial tasks and loot spots filled with randomized loot that get slightly different stats the moment you take them out of the chest. Where dialogues have 2 options max and end up with your guy saying something badass at the press of a button.

Skyrim, Bioware shit and TW3 is what's wrong with """RPG""" genre these days. They don't come up with anything new, don't improve or anything, just lower the bar for the industry as a whole.
>>
File: 1493878910243.png (79KB, 220x175px) Image search: [Google]
1493878910243.png
79KB, 220x175px
>>382870756
How will dark souls fags ever recover?

Fucking spot on.
>>
>>382886703
>having a good plot is a bad thing
>>
>>382887731
Because you can play multiple games over the course of a human's life.

Besides, if you actually thought Gothic 2 was a good game, you wouldn't use the shitposting image number one for it that people use to false flag as Gothic fans.
>>
>>382887741
Japs make games that only sell a few 100k copies and they're still profitable. It is all about budgetting.

Personally I cut ties with mainstream/normalfags years ago and I do not miss it.
>>
>>382887608
>>382887610
>>382887710
>that denial
>those insults based on nothing but random reaction image
L E L
>>
>>382887712
>it's RPG because I say it's RPG
You're not Shakespeare and it's not 16th century, kid. You can't just come up with new words and definitions on a whim.
New Vegas is an RPG. Deus Ex is an RPG. TW3 is an action adventure.
>>
>>382876159
Don't play rpgs then you fucking moron
>>
>>382887560
>n-no u
>still cant read or follow discussion
Don't you have smuggler cache #257 to loot? Just follow the marker, that should be easy enough for you.
>>
>>382887989
Seriously man, have you never played pen and paper, even tried it? If you like RPGs, chances are you will like pen and paper.
Or are you that afraid of a 20-year-old stereotype that you're going to get labelled as a loser if you even consider trying it?
>>
>>382888102
>it's not an RPG because I say it's not an RPG

TW3 is very much objectively an RPG, whetever you like it or not.
>>
>>382888180
>n-no u
>still cant read or follow discussion

Tell me you can at least see the irony in this, doublethink. At least this. If you do, maybe I'll like the game less. Maybe.
>>
File: 1497800496122.jpg (100KB, 1104x1081px) Image search: [Google]
1497800496122.jpg
100KB, 1104x1081px
>>382887910
you must be a hit at parties
>>
>>382887693
So you're saying Skyrim, DOTA, CoD and Borderlands are as good as Witcher 3?
>>
File: shrug.jpg (82KB, 384x313px) Image search: [Google]
shrug.jpg
82KB, 384x313px
>>382885134
at this point i'm pretty sure gothicfag is making the threads himself
>>
>>382886194
>this hasn't fixed this image

I can tell you haven't played Witcher 3
>>
There are some people that are simply beyond saving.
>>
>>382870145
i love the game but the loot system is broken the supposed BEST SWORD OF THE WORLD crafted bt the elf is decent for one or two levels instead of scaling for the rest of the game
>>
>>382888286
>it's RPG because millions of retards say it is
Your arguments get funnier by the minute. But still as far from truth as possible.

There is no roleplay in TW3. You either play Geralt of Rivia who haggles with people, or Geralt of Rivia who takes contracts without haggling. So much choice. So many decisions. Amazing.
>>
>>382887890
It's not hard to achieve something when the bar couldn't possibly be placed any lower.
>>
>>382870756
>I guess people need to have everything served on a silver platter like in Dark Souls because setting and customizing difficulty is too hard apparently.

being a Witcher 3 fan looks more and more like a mental disorder every day
>>
File: Really makes you think.png (3MB, 2520x2215px) Image search: [Google]
Really makes you think.png
3MB, 2520x2215px
>>382887347
>Sorry, I'm not a zit-faced virgin.
>>
>>382886118
you realise all of the white orchard quests are the tutorial for the game and are supposed to teach you the different mechanics of the game?
>>
>>382887443
>small virtually unknown company in Poland makes game that is well recieved
>western marketing departments having anything to do with this

nice strawman
>>
>>382888830
Yes, you role-play as Geralt of Rivia, not as your OC, that's still roleplaying though.
>>
>>382887693
Nothing in that disproves his point, actually.

You're both morons.
>>
File: 1494602425261.gif (3MB, 220x212px) Image search: [Google]
1494602425261.gif
3MB, 220x212px
>>382888983
And I roleplay as Master Chief in Halo, must be and RPG too now.
>>
>>382888990
Smarter than you.
>>
>>382888963
>virtually unknown
Only to TW3 cucks who never played first 2 games on release.
>>
>>382889060
Evidently not.
>>
>enjoying the fuck out of witcher 3, first time playing it
>time to take a break and visit /v/
>read this thread
>feel like from now on i'm going to enjoy it less

i hate this place
>>
>>382888830
>There is no roleplay in TW3. You either play Geralt of Rivia who haggles with people, or Geralt of Rivia who takes contracts without haggling. So much choice. So many decisions. Amazing.

But this can apply to any RPG with a story that has a main character. As long as your character is bound to a title/name and path, the choices get thinner. To only criticize W3 on this would be an oversight.
>>
>>382889059
False equivalence.

What narrative choices do you make as master chief? Do you choose a build for master chief?
>>
>>382889160
It's simple anon. It's a phenomena called "nu-fun"

You didn't see all the flaws the first time you played it because you only analyze things on a skin deep level and have no eye for subtlety or nuance. Given these new insights all the flaws become apparent and you realize you were enjoying garbage from the get go.
>>
>>382889209
Yeah you can be a melee weapon Master Chief or a Sniper Rifle Master Chief or you can be a pistol only Master Chief. There are tons of options on how to build Chief.
>>
>>382888916
Stay butthurt
>>
>>382889209
>What narrative choices do you make as master chief?
I can go left or right on certain maps and end up in the needed place just like in TW3.
>Do you choose a build for master chief?
Yes, I can choose to use a shotgun or sniper rifle.
>>
>>382889145
so most of the west then? 2 was fairly popular but nothing like 3, but the point stands that claiming it's popularity is the result of western marketing on anywhere near the level of CoD or nintendo games is ridiculous.

>>382889160
just the same butthurt autists spouting shit like clockwork, enjoy the game.
>>
>>382889059
You have a talent tree, can customize your gear and despite your/that other guys claim most quests leave you with a variety of completely different choices which can even influence the further game itself, sometimes subtle sometimes heavily.

Of course all of this in the confines of being a Witcher and Geralt of Rivia.

That is roleplaying and now fuck off.

And besides, yes if you sit there as a little kid and shout at your halos, how you are gonna fuck all them aliens up, that could be called roleplaying too, wouldn't make it an rpg though.
>>
>>382889160
thats actually their goal
>>
>>382888102
>You can't just come up with new words and definitions on a whim
This is you.

>>382888830
>Did you know the that the superpopular, quintessential RPG Final Fantasy VII isn't an RPG because you play as Cloud? It's true!

Counterintuitive nonsense that's supposed to sound insightful.
>>
>>382889406
I will. This nitpicking is ridiculous, though I have to agree now that the combat can be very tedious.
>>
>>382889450
You know there's a branching story line in Call of Duty Black Ops 2 right
>>
TW3 is more rpg than 90% of japanese rpgs that's for sure.
>>
File: 1490168406163.jpg (17KB, 304x234px) Image search: [Google]
1490168406163.jpg
17KB, 304x234px
>>382889450
>You have a talent tree, can customize your gear and despite your/that other guys claim
So Fallout 4 is an RPG because it has "SPECIAL" and loot? Interesting.
>most quests leave you with a variety of completely different choices which can even influence the further game itself, sometimes subtle sometimes heavily.
Um, no? Whatever option you pick in quests that seem to have consequences, nothing really changes. Baron's wife dies? Baron is out of the game. Save Baron's wife? Baron is out of the game. Keira dies? She and Lambert are out of the game. Save Keira? She and Lambert are out of the game. And whatever you do, you still end up doing the same shit plot wise. TW3 doesn't have choice, it has illusion of one.
>That is roleplaying and now fuck off.
>CUZ I SAID SO FUCK U
TW3 fanbase, ladies and gentlemen.
>>
>>382889305
>>382889351
Choosing a different gun is not a build.

>I can go left or right on certain maps and end up in the needed place just like in TW3.
NARRATIVE choices.

Are you being retarded on purpose? Because I hope so.
>>
>>382889209
Let it go anon, people have been arguing since the 80s that if your character isn't a blank slate it's not roleplaying
>>
>>382889653
There aren't any builds in Witcher 3
>>
>>382889563
>This is you.
Explain. I call TW3 an action adventure. That's what it is. Action adventure is an established genre.
>jRPG
Completely different genre. Shall we call TW3 a jRPG because it has established cahracters, then?
>>
>>382886118
post upgraded image pls
>>
>>382870145
Is Regis in Witcher 3? I played the first two games where is my based vampire bro? Even fucking Borch Three Jackdaws got a cameo where is my vampirebro
>>
>>382889245
>taking videogames this seriously
stop trying to infect everyone else with your bitter "nothing has EVER been fun" shit and just end your own misery forever you sad fuck
>>
>>382889758
false
>>
>>382889653
>Choosing a different gun is not a build.
And choosing a 5% damage bonus to a sword is? D44M has that, must be an RPG!
>>
File: Tw3_journal_regis.png (417KB, 654x727px) Image search: [Google]
Tw3_journal_regis.png
417KB, 654x727px
>>382889809
he's in Blood & Wine
>>
File: 317.png (90KB, 500x501px) Image search: [Google]
317.png
90KB, 500x501px
>>382889792
>>
>>382889809
In Blood and Wine
>>
>>382889851
Sorry anon. Every Geralt "build" is the same. The differences between a shotgun and a sniper rifle in Halo are infinitely larger than the different "builds" any person's Geralt.
>>
>>382889653
>NARRATIVE choices.
See >>382889584
>>
>>382889958
false
>>
>>382889873
Oh like in every single other rpg? And fuck off with special attributes, like poison or fire damage, you have them there too.
>>
>>382890008
Baby is crying now.
>>
>>382889958
false
>>
>>382889764
Action Adventure is for games that have hardly any RPG elements like Zelda or Tomb Raider. Witcher 3 has equipment, character levels and builds, quests, sidequests and narrative choices
>>
File: I'm trying my best.jpg (33KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
I'm trying my best.jpg
33KB, 320x240px
>>382889912
>higher vampires are completely indistinguishable from normal humans in TW universe
>has pointy teeth and completely inhuman finger nails
BRAVO CDPR
>>
File: 1497181238147.jpg (62KB, 309x305px) Image search: [Google]
1497181238147.jpg
62KB, 309x305px
>>382889958
No, no, anon, he's right, there are Whirl builds, and there are non-Whirl builds. How can you argue with the pinnacle of character customization?
>>
>>382890026
mmhm
>>
>>382890032
True. Cry more with your other baby friends. Maybe Gladium will come in and distract everybody for you.
>>
>>382889764
>j
>RPG

j stands for Japanese. Surprise, Japanese RPGs are still RPGs and almost every source out there will identify them as such. You are taking a word and using it in a manner that almost no one, but yourself, actually uses it.
>>
>>382889925
>>382889912
fuck yea
>>
>>382889981
You mean that only choice in the entire game where you choose to kill raul or not? Hardly a branching story line.
>>
>>382890127
Spending fifty years resurrecting yourself changes a man....er, vampire
>>
File: image.jpg (50KB, 600x604px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50KB, 600x604px
>>382890127
>can't even see teeth or fingernails in the image anon linked
>>
>>382890127
to be fair hardly anyone cares and act even surprised at the reveal.
That world is filled with strange people of all sorts.
>>
>>382890178
>j stands for Japanese.
And jRPG and RPG are considered different genres. Shocking, I know.
>>
>>382870145
It is for mature ppl only because it has boobies!
>>
I'm playing witcher 1 and it sucks dicks. Should I stick with it for the payoff of witcher 2 and 3 or is this as good as it gets? Should i just stop now?
>>
>>382890227
Tell me about TW3 "branching story lines". Because there are none.
>>
Was Detlaff autistic?
>>
>>382890283
>And jRPG and RPG are considered different genres

And yet every source on that page refers to Final Fantasy VII as simply an "RPG," because they aren't considered different genres.
>>
>>382890307
first chapter is fucking lame, it picks up a bit on chapter 2 and its pretty great after that
>>
>>382890335
http://www.ign.com/wikis/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt/Endings#Story_Endings
>>
>>382890335
Wrong.
You can pick between saving the countesses's sister from fairytale land or going after the elder vampire in B&W.
>>
>>382890132
And alchelmy builds, sign builds, heavy attack builds, light attack builds, bomb builds and so on.
>>
>>382890435
But that's just different endings 2 of which are literally one choice away from each other.
Hardly any different from BLOPS2 or The Line.
>>
>>382890495
Not him but that's about the same level as Dragon Age Inquisition with saving the mages or investigating the templars
>>
>>382890523
Which of those change the combat from being roll roll slash?
>>
>>382890523
Exactly 0 of those make any significant change to gameplay. The "+0.1% betterness" traits make so little difference in the game you could easily play through the whole game without even assigning them.
>>
File: alarak.png (1MB, 1464x817px) Image search: [Google]
alarak.png
1MB, 1464x817px
>try to save a ghost
>turns out it's a vengeful murder spirit
my bad.
>>
>>382890563
I didn't play DA:I so this means nothing to me.
>>
>>382890660
>vengeful murder spirit kills boyfriend
Shit oops
>ng+, try to break the curse and save her without killing him
>the absolute madman kisses her
>died again
It just wasn't mean to be I guess
>>
>>382890660
>he didn't see the fresh corpse
>not paying attention to how hard the ghost would stutter like no fucking tomorrow
>not paying attention to how the ghost tried its damnest not to acknowledge the fresh corpse
>even fucking literally says "there's no other monsters in the tower"
Are you autistic? The serious, non-meme kind of autistic?
>>
I've had Witcher 3 since it came out. Played a little, but stopped.
Finally got back into it and doing a proper playthrough now. But I must be goddamned retarded. I noticed I was relying too much on the mini map, so I finally turned it off while in Novigrad to add a little immersion and force me to pay attention to my surroundings, but holy hell, I literally can't find shit without any markers. Didn't realize my sense of direction was so bad.
>>
>>382890617
3 of the 5 examples I mentioned?

Jesus christ, it's like I'm talking to 10 year old kids.

>>382890645
>t-t-those don't count!!

Everytime.
>>
>>382890850
Anon you're having issues with honesty
>>
>>382890523
>bomb builds
who the fuck spends points in traits that improve something that can only be used 3-6 times in a single fight?
>>
>>382886457
you deserve to get bitch slapped by the tree monster for being such an awful player
>>
>>382890645
>"+0.1% betterness" traits
Except that's not at all what potions and decoctions do. Someone who's only using whirlwind and quen will have a very different experience from someone who has 2 decoctions up at all times and constantly chugs potions, or from someone who relies heavily on signs. The sign tree radically changes what you can do with them and the alchemy tree makes the game more interesting than a Quen/roll/attack flowchart
>>
>>382890959
I didn't use the bomb build very long because I didn't like it but fully upgraded bombs can destroy groups of enemies faster than anything else. If you just take the skill that increases how many bombs you can carry they're still amazing, particularly the freeze, poison and stun bomb
>>
I wish other games held my hand like Witcher does. I wish every game had Batman combat and Assassin's Creed Eagle vision. At least the graphics are almost as good as AC:Unity.
>>
>>382891506
Don't worry, Skyrim's and TW3's popularity shows that we'll get a lot of games like that soon. Less thinking, more awesome buttons!
>>
>>382870304
Witcher 2 literally has the most complex and interesting combat in the series, especially with FCR2
>>
>>382870145
The open world is fucking shit, but not if you only use it to fill the gaps in between quests. Turn off markers and don't loot shit just to fill out the map. Use friendly Hudson to make quest markers toggleable
>>
>>382870145
I never felt doing repeative shit as much in Witcher 3 as in any Ubisoft game, At the end, sure I got tired to sail around Skellige. But the Witcher world is genuinely more interesting. Do you complain on collectaton in older games to? People seem to think this is something new. Fucking Super Mario 65 and other games got similar shit.
>>
>>382891506
Everybody who thinks Witcher has bamham combat played it on consoles
>>
>>382891930
Witcher 2's combat is fucking terrible senpai
>>
>>382887301
>>382887385
This, It must be. Witcher 3 does better open world, that feels more alive, more interesting combat. Don't you others tell me Skyrim had fun combat or a interesting world. And then it adds a story that is not the best but decent with interesting characters. Bethesda have not done or even been close to that in years if even ever. I care more for the characters and the world in Shovel Knight than I do for those in Bethesda games or neo-Bioware.
>>
>>382892109
Or you know, listened to the CDPR talk about their Bamham inspirations for the combat prerelease. Newfag.
>>
>>382892109
I play on PC with gamepad. KB/M is unplayable and the game was clearly not designed for it.
>>
>>382892376

Okay, actually playing the game feels nothing like Batman.

I would know, I have played both.
>>
File: Phantom of bethesda.jpg (45KB, 220x330px) Image search: [Google]
Phantom of bethesda.jpg
45KB, 220x330px
>didn't like TW3 much because /v/ hyped it too much and my expectations were too high

>actually managed to enjoy Fallout 4 because /v/ was on hate bandwagon and my expectations were severely lowered

IT

JUST

WORKS
>>
>Witcher 1
>Geralt is a pawn in a game played by those far higher than himself as unknown figures attempt to destabilize the kingdom's power structure for their own purposes. Passed around and used by all actors involved, Geralt finally begins to piece together the events that have occurred on his journey and who is responsible.
>Witcher 2
>The assassination of a king under his protection leads Geralt on a quest to clear his name and bring the man responsible to justice. On the way Geralt traces the man's brief and numerous alliances with various competing factions to understand how events fit together and reveal who ultimately orchestrated them.
>Witcher 3
>SAVE DA CHEERLEADER SAVE DA WORLD

Where did it all go wrong?
>>
File: edgy hunt.jpg (186KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
edgy hunt.jpg
186KB, 1920x1080px
>>382893331
Dude. Wild Hunt. Lmao.
>>
>>382893443
they should have gone the spooky route rather than explaining so much about them
>>
File: jpg.jpg (54KB, 600x318px) Image search: [Google]
jpg.jpg
54KB, 600x318px
>>382893443
the wild hunt was a lot more intimidating and exciting before they were revealed to be angry edgy elves
>>
>>382893204
>letting yourself be influenced by /v/ one way or another
what a weak mind
>>
>>382893723
Yet here you are.
>>
>>382882217

Holy fuck I experienced this the other day. Doing a quest where I have to fight a werewolf. A little underleveled but I like the challenge and know I can beat it if I'm not a dumbass.

First time, woefully unprepared and get my add beat. Lose about ten minutes of progress which I don't mind but sitting there for 2 minutes while the game loads is excruciating. 2nd round, almost beat the werewolf but a cut scene interrupts. After the cut scene you go right back into battle without warning and the werewolf attacks before I even get a chance to understand what's happening and kills me. Saved right before battle but still have to wait 2 FUCKING minutes after death. Loads save, werewolf spawns right on top of me, instantly attacks and gets me to half health.

I was genuinely having a fun time with the game too until this, now I'm just really annoyed. Might go back eventually but I need to take a break.
>>
>>382890563
Last time I checked DA was an rpg too, so what's your point here?

What is most peoples point here? Just because you think a feature is shitty, it doesn't make it invalid in the face of the discussion if TW3 is an rpg or not.
>>
File: eredinn.jpg (167KB, 1352x578px) Image search: [Google]
eredinn.jpg
167KB, 1352x578px
>>382893662
This. They could have made them look like some fucked up mutants, instead we got an faggy swedish looking metal band instead. The games are not canon anyway so they could've gone wild.
>>
>>382894408

No they couldn't have, actual book readers would have bitched at them endlessly.
>>
File: maxresdefault(67).jpg (84KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault(67).jpg
84KB, 1920x1080px
>>382886401
You know I think Witcher 3 is an OK game but I find it strange how people think it is some flawless masterpiece that is a role model for RPG.

The level of hype, social media and marketing speak kinda soured me on Witcher 3.
>>
>>382894515
actual book readers have bitched and continue to bitch about the regicide anyway so what's your point
>>
>>382882525
It's 7/10 at best. The DLC is 8/10
>>
>>382870145
Loot is absolute shit in wither3.
>>
>>382886401
>TW3 main story is a rushed, unfocused and painfully unfinished mess.

This is probably because TW3 has an enormous amount of cut content. There are even rumors that TW3 was originally supposed to be 2 separate games but they decided to make one large game instead, and that halfway through the production of TW3 they had to scrap pretty much everything and rebuild the whole thing in 2 years.
>>
>>382893331
Witcher 3 wanted the Fallout audience. I can't really fault CDPro to try for a mainstream market. Games are business.
>>
>>382872919
Character points are fucking worthless in 3
>>
>>382895027
Because its not about the loot. And even then loot is ok if you dont wanna spend time looking for witcher school gear blueprints.
>>
>>382892161
Too hard for you, retard?
>>
The Witcher 3 is a good RPG, just not as good as Call of Duty: Black Ops II which has better build and weapon variety, more meaningful story choices and 4 different endings instead of just 3.

The Witcher 3 is what you get when you take a Batman game and remove gliding and stealth and make the combat somehow even worse, or alternatively do the same with Assassin's Creed and remove parkour and stealth. After that, all you have to do is play the underdog, add edgy GoT grimdark, throw in some waifus and suddenly it becomes a masterpiece!
>>
>>382891972
>Just gimp yourself to make the game fun!!!

lol
>>
>>382894621
Thing is, what is better than Witcher 3 when it comes to -ACTION-RPGs? Or should I perhaps say modern RPGs cause this is what we get now, from Bethesda to Bioware to CDPR. Bethesda make enormous flawed games with big worlds and great mod potentiality but meh combat and horrid stories in a world that is interesting if they dared. Bioware makes shitty romances, boring combat and some story driven by the same old memes and tropes they pull. "Good,kinda evil asshole and sarcastic asshole" is your roles. The world is interesting but they fuck it up (Mass Effect) with some cool characters. Then we have Witcher series, Okay combat, okay story, okay to awesome characters. There is nothing much better than Witcher 3 as far as I can see. Who else really makes Tripple A RPGs but these? People saying Andromeda or Fallout 4 is even close to Witcher 3 is a lier or a troll, third option, a fanboy.
>>
>>382895769
>game is too easy, holds you hands too much!!!
>let go of the hand
>LOL WHAT??????
(u)
>>
>>382895529
In a way yes, shitty unresponsive controls, retarded moves, instead of battling the enemies you have to also fight the controls, its definitely not easy
>>
>>382895640
>underdog
>The Gerald

Yeah, nah, dude gets fucked by things entirely out of his control sometimes but otherwise he's one of the biggest gary stues I've ever seen in games, to the point were he feels like some chruazey protagonist, in TW3 more so than usual.
>>
>>382896002
works on my machine, turboshitter
>>
>>382895809
There are none. People just compare witcher 3 to dark souls or dmc combat for some fucking reason instead of comparing it to other actual rpgs (almost all of whom have shittier combat than witcher 3.) On top of it all witcher 3 shits on those games in the world design, character, and quest departments. Sure, games like gothic 2 are better in a lot of areas, but as far as a modern rpgs go, witcher 3 shits on about everything. The only real thing you could fault it on is having to play as geralt, instead of a no name or no class character, but even then I approach witcher games as plaything through a multibranching creative novel, not a typical insert self rpg.
>>
>>382896270
I agree. I had lots of fun in Witcher 3 while Inquisition I could not even go through the first hours. Fallout 3 was meh, Fallout 4 I own and I have not even touched yet and Skyrim? 50-60 hours and it was just boring and immersion breaking as soon as you digged under the exterior a bit.

To think Witcher 3 would be as good in combat as Dark Souls is fucking stupid. Both might be in the Action-RPG spectrum but Witcher 3 is closer to the story driven and character driven RPG and Dark Souls is closer to a third person action game. And DMC? are people fucking dumb? Didn't the last DMC with the edge Dante get lots of shit on 4chan?

So yeah, no matter what people think of the Witcher 3, there is nothing in it's subgenre being better at what it do. Even if people don't like it or even hate it, they should see it. It is the same with Pillars of Eternity, people throw shit on it but really, what is the opposition? Isometric, party based RPG...I mean come on.
>>
File: 1472271541302.png (42KB, 592x533px) Image search: [Google]
1472271541302.png
42KB, 592x533px
>>382872919
>19 skill points available
>can't spend them on turbo-mutagen-skills to unlock more slots just because fucking NO ONE drops red mutagens
>only way to get red ones is to transform blue/green with Winter Cherries
>they only grow in your house garden in the DLC
>can't upgrade the garden before finishing some questlines
>questlines start at level fucking 87 on NG+

So I'm gonna sit at around 30 skill points before I can pick a few berries in my garden. That's great.
>>
>>382896586
Like I said. A lot of people come to witcher 3 after dark souls so they hate the combat. A lot compare it to older rpgs like gothic, or bg2, so they find the modern open world design map nosiating. And even more come from games that let them make their own mary sue faggot, so when they actual play as geralt they feel like they are being robbed of self inserting. And finally, a huge portion just hate it because it got popular. Its basically a perfect storm for hating it on /v/.
>>
>>382896251
I was referring to CDPR, definitely agree with what you said though.
Geralt "Neutral" of Rivia, always on the moral high ground, no matter what, even if it takes reducing antagonists to caricatures, ends up becoming the deciding factor in every major political happening, saves the world.
They turned him into somewhat of an SJW figure this time around though, by glorifying his cuckdom, and making him a respectful feminist when confronted by stronk womyn.
>>
>>382897005
Yeah, true that. Not everything is perfect. But it does good what it aimed to do.
>>
>>382896791
Pretty sure the bug enemies drop them, endrega or whatever
>>
>>382896270
even mmos have better combat than TW3.
>>
>>382870145
better writing, better characters
>>
>>382870145
Ubisoft titles have decent gameplay
>>
you're forgetting the demographic of people who actually dicksuck this game
>>
>>382870145
Good storytelling.
>>
>>382870145
faces aren't retarded, good graphics, legendary ost, compelling story narrative, satisfying crafting, good variety of enemies.
>>
>>382897593
People seemingly forget that they do not release it every fucking year with the same fucking content collection shit and buggy mechanics with DLC slapped on it.
>>
>>382895640
>gets told so hard he begins to shitpost ironically
Sad. But at least you stopped trying to come up with arguments in defense of TW3 being something it's not.
>>
>>382897920
>is a fa/tv/irgin who shitposts about games he doesn't play

pathetic
>>
File: VLODED.jpg (588KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
VLODED.jpg
588KB, 1920x1080px
>>382897030
DUDE. IT'S 13TH CENTURY, WOMEN CAN DO WHAT THE WANT, OK?
>>
>>382897593

>compelling story narrative

yeah i was compelled to uninstall and regret falling for the hype instead of pirating first to test it out
>>
File: ClffTI5VEAEyiqp.png (439KB, 1024x719px) Image search: [Google]
ClffTI5VEAEyiqp.png
439KB, 1024x719px
>>382895809
Well I agree with you but just because Witcher 3 is the best the mainstream triple A industry shits out doesn't automatically make it GREAT.

Witcher 3 is

>better than nothing
>>
>>382872401
>At least they fixed it by making you literally fail a quest if you dont use it
>>
>>382899068
You don't fail the quest, try playing games before crying about them on /v/
>>
>>382899261
Sounds like to me you get the bad ending which in my opinion is the same as failing .
>>
>>382899338
>Sounds like

so you haven't played it? Take this L and leave cuckboi
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (405KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
405KB, 1920x1080px
>>382870145
By having decent writing. That's pretty much it.
>>
>>382899391
I did play it and i couldnt get past one of the first quests because the game kept glitching and i couldnt continue. Nice game Glitcher fags
>>
>kill lvl 6 griffin
>get trophy
>+5% monster xp
>kill lvl18 cockatrice
>get trophy
>+5% monster xp
>kill big lvl 32 archgriffin
>get trophy
>+5% monster xp
Great game.
>>
>>382870145
>this is different from your run of the mill open world ubisoft title... how exactly?
your run of the mill open world ubisoft game has bad combat but still not as bad as witcher 3.
>>
>>382899434
>decent writing
See >>382893443 >>382884568
>>
>build up eredin for 3 games
>shits the bed

thats the worst part of witcher 3
>>
>>382899712
Yes decent writing, which is why I posted Bloody Baron, one of the best written questlines in years. I'm not saying it's Pulitzer Prize worthy or anything, but it's solid for the medium.
>>
File: Eredin.png (108KB, 272x349px) Image search: [Google]
Eredin.png
108KB, 272x349px
>>382899721
Are you implying Eredin is not a deep and well-written character with proper motivation?
>>
>>382870145
it's no different
>>
>>382899854
Bloody Baron was shit and didn't affect a thing in the grand scale of things, HoS quests shat all over it.
>>
This game would've been 10 times better if they gave detailed directions making it possible to play without using the breadcrumb trail mechanic.

Witcher Sense was cancer too
>>
dude cinematic experience lmao
>>
I was just about to get this game....
>>
File: Nivellen.jpg (158KB, 702x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Nivellen.jpg
158KB, 702x1000px
>>382870145
Fuck off, sonybro.
>>
File: eredin.jpg (69KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
eredin.jpg
69KB, 400x400px
>>382894669
They could've explained it away as a very complicated and unknown magic trick which the elf wasn't aware of.
>>
>>382900501
>mfw sonybros STILL mad after we stole bloodborne's GOTY from them
LOVING

EVERY

LAUGH
>>
File: 1497005966216.jpg (177KB, 1361x810px) Image search: [Google]
1497005966216.jpg
177KB, 1361x810px
>>382900501
>>382902260
>mfw PCfats will never know the true winner because they could only play one
>>
>>382870756
>served on a silver platter like in Dark Souls
What?
>>
op here

i like the game, just as much as recent ubisoft games. hey i even bought the special edition. i just don't think it's the best thing since sliced bread, or even that different in terms of quality from other recent open world titles.
>>
>>382897349
Mmos have better combat than most modern single player rpgs. Whats your point.
>>
>>382903417
>Mmos have better combat than most modern single player rags
lol no
>>
>>382896586
If course they are not comparing to Donte DmC. General rule if thumb, if DMC is mentioned in a thread assume its an actual DMC game not Donte (unless stated otherwise)
>>
>>382899489
Not really Witcher 3 fault.

All games are fucking broken on release. Witcher 3 was a mess but so is every Western game. They patched it pretty fast.
>>
>>382902260
My GOTY 2015 was Ar nosurge.
>>
>>382904660
Lol yes. Even the eso game has better combat than shitrim. And thats games within their own franchise.
>>
>>382907447
nope
>>
>>382906023
>ITS OKAY WHEN CDPR DOES IT
holy fuck
>>
>>382870145
it's not, the game is a 6/10 at best
if this is considered gotg then that just proves how fucked the industry is
>>
>>382882021
So what are some good rpgs then anon?
Just wondering because I don't understand how people can say w3 is shit so I'm just trying to get an idea of your taste in vidya
Fav witcher btw? Mine's prob a toss up between w1 and w3
>>
>>382871194
>spam igni, watch a level 35 Griffin take 11k damage a second

and that's when I learned to true use of signs.
>>
>>382884036
>Because unlike TW3 Obsidian didn' [...] fell into generic open world checklist hole.
All memes aside I started New Vegas recently seeing how it's constantly praised here and so far it's been nothing but "run errands for people", like I'm playing a bad RPG.
>>
>>382909652
New vegas is only good with mods. You got memed.
>>
>>382909980
>New vegas is only good with mods
false
>>
>>382910890
Yeah it's shit with mods too.
>>
another overrated sandbox like botw, it's just muh story and characters (which were not even that good)
>>
>>382870145
I know this is a troll thread but it's really unhealthy to go into new experiences with an overly critical mindset just so you can be edgy and go against the grain, no one is going to like you, even people with similar opinions

Or you can continue to live your life that way because it's amusing that you manipulated strangers into calling you a dumb faggot
>>
Honestly feel sorry for the CDPR Poles paid minimum wage to defend this garbage.
>>
>>382870145
>>take out monster nest
>>take out bandit camp
>>loot shit
>>follow markers on the map

and repeat. Thats how.
>>
>Start game
>Press buttons
>Progress the plot
>Complete game

Wow can you believe this shit?
Thread posts: 330
Thread images: 64

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.