[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guys I have a huge problem. I'm on some team working on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

File: car.jpg (163KB, 1173x681px) Image search: [Google]
car.jpg
163KB, 1173x681px
Guys I have a huge problem. I'm on some team working on a car combat game like twisted metal and vigilante 8 and stuff. Problem is there's some design stuff I find very troubling

>game completely rips off the plot from twisted metal, right down to an evil demonic type person holding the tournament who grants wishes but fucks them up(except here it's a woman)
>amount of detail put into pedestrians and being able to mangle them is disturbingly realistic seeming
>one of the levels is a "hood" area and the peds are all black thug types, ghetto hoochies and "thug" kids, they even scream horribly when you run them over or gun them down
>one of the driver is an Islamic fundamentalist who wants to bring about a muslim caliphate and one of his weapons is tossing women and children strapped to bombs out of the car at enemies
>another driver is a "libtard"(developer's words not mine) who wants to create a liberal genderless utopia, car has the word "QUEER" on it
>another driver is a white rights activist wearing a klansmen outfit who wants to kill all minorities and create a white only planet

Is there anyone I can contact to get this project halted, this is just way way too offensive and repulsive of a game not to mention it blatantly copying another franchise.
>>
cool
>>
that sounds awful wtf
>>
Sure, what's the game called?
>>
>>382856919
Pedalphile
>>
>>382856919
It's called Road Fury
>>
>>382856670
>pays out on everyone equally
>this is somehow offensive
Grow some thinker skin, drink some cement and harden the fuck up princess.
>>
This sounds fun desu, I'm not even white.
>>
>>382856670
This game sounds too good to be true
>>
>>382857270
you're crazy if you think a game with that kind of theme is gonna even be allowed to be sold anywhere
>>
>>382856670
I mean if it comes out it will tank. Who cares, let it fail.
>>
>>382857081
>>382857215
I'm not able to find any source on this and diverting me doesn't help.

If you're serious, I'm going to need you to be honest.
>>
>>382856670
Whrre do i preorder?
>>
>>382857484
and your the typical disillusion snowflake if you think it wont, we have a rating system for a reason.
>>
I'll buy this shit day 1. Only two questions, does it have a eurobeat soundtrack and can I drift?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dv13gl0a-FA
>>
>>382856670
i look forward to seeing more of your threads in the coming months mr marketer
>>
>>382857680
it's a work in progress by a new studio, it's gonna be their debut game

>>382857565
I care because I don't think I want my name potentially attached to something this nasty

seriously, that hood level made me feel sick, the amount of detail put into the destruction and being able to kill pedestrians is pretty fucked up, it's not like carmageddon where it's meant to be silly

>>382857823
and what rating do you think a game that lets you run over and gun down children with cars will get? even gta games don't allow that shit, and those games let you sell drugs and kill hookers for fuck sakes
>>
Mmm, stale pasta
>>
>>382858186
>Makes a on /V/ asking for help getting a game's development cancelled.

>Doesn't provide a source and expects merely a 4chan post to be enough evidence.

Is this a joke?
>>
This game sounds amazing
>>
>>382858734
If you are faggot
>>
>>382856670
>Guys I have a problem
>I'm working on (vaguely interesting game concept)
>But game is too violent and racist
>(Examples of violence and racism, implying any of it is bad to bait /pol/)
>how can I put a stop to this?
God damn son, it's not even technically pasta. It's the perfect bait, especially when you wait like a full six months between posts. Hats off.
inb4 OP pretends to lose his shit at how racist and sexist we all are. Double inb4 Limb Based Combat
>>
>>382858471
I need to know who I can contact, is kotaku good for getting games cancelled for being offensive?
>>
>>382858954
Getting games cancelled outright is a quieter, more cloak and dagger process than telling Kotaku.

I need a source.
>>
>>382858954
Yeah
>>
File: Twister1-1024x563.jpg (174KB, 1024x563px) Image search: [Google]
Twister1-1024x563.jpg
174KB, 1024x563px
>>382856670
>Is there anyone I can contact to get this project halted

Not really. Tell us more though, I love car combat.

>pic related, what never happened
>>
one of the other levels is sickening, it's supposed to be a city in Germany, here's the intro for the stage given by the tournament holder:

"Ah Germany... never have I seen a nation fall so far... the people here are docile and meek, perfect for causing terror and mayhem in my contest. See if you can manuever your way past the muslim hordes, taking care to not get slowed down by the packs of rabid liberals protecting them, feel free to run them down as you please. After all, it would be soooooooooo racist to avoid killing them, right? Hahahahahaha..."
>>
>>382856670
>Is there anyone I can contact to get this project halted

yeah the "team" since it will never result in anything anyway.
>>
>>382860063
would it help to at least get word about about this game so people can know what to expect and boycott it?
>>
>>382858186
>I care because I don't think I want my name potentially attached to something this nasty

then drop out? typical neoleft thinking, if something is offensive, censor it.

fuck free speech.
>>
>>382860317
yeah, sure. that worked wonders for Hatred.

except in reverse.
>>
>>382860526
Why even have that shit in the game, it won't sell with that. The rating would likely end up adult only, meaning it can't even be sold on steam, so what's the point?
>>
>>382860647
but Hatred was a massive failure and sold terribly
>>
>>382860696
bank on media outrage, sell it independently? steam is definitely more profitable but they're literal whos.

not to mention GOG and other smaller online retailers.
>>
>postapoc
>Goodyear soft compound racing slicks

Enjoy your nogrip on anything but smooth dry asphalt and needing new tires every 50 miles
>>
File: Richard_'Dick'_Biggs.png (393KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Richard_'Dick'_Biggs.png
393KB, 640x480px
put this guy in it
>>
>>382860776
because the game was shit. you need a multi-million budget to sell a shit game on advertisement alone, like most modern AAAs.

they did get the press, though.
>>
>>382861050
one of the drivers is a disgruntled uber driver that despises women and is a mgtow, and drives a car called "Bitch Tamer"
>>
>vehicle combat

This game theme sounds like it was made for white trash
>>
File: 0e323087735aac3acca1a58f57f4b7fb.png (859KB, 1000x422px) Image search: [Google]
0e323087735aac3acca1a58f57f4b7fb.png
859KB, 1000x422px
>>382856670
Put all of this shit into a public poll asking who would buy this. Send the results to the design lead or some shit.
>>
This sounds fucking great. You're also full of shit but it sound fun as fuck. Tell your indie buddies to just use pseudonyms.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.