[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Finally beat the boss in Thabes, it took some grinding, and exploiting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: Fire_Emblem_Echoes.png (1MB, 798x730px) Image search: [Google]
Fire_Emblem_Echoes.png
1MB, 798x730px
Finally beat the boss in Thabes, it took some grinding, and exploiting the villager/dread fighter loop though.

What strategies did you guys employ when fighting the boss? Even with all of that it was hard as fuck, I managed to lose two of my units.
>>
Just spamming him with archers, that's all I did. Required some forged weapons to make them more useful though
>>
>>382831979

Where do you find the special weapons, the really powerful ones everyone is talking about. I'm told they're rare drops and basically make your units hit enemies like mack trucks. All I found was Gradivus.
>>
>>382832125

Don't know. Killer bows were good enough tho
>>
>>382832269

Really? Because my archers, even with killer bows, could barely scratch him. On top of that they were really vulnerable. He always one shots them
>>
File: laughing_fairies.gif (1MB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
laughing_fairies.gif
1MB, 540x540px
>he actually had to grind to beat Thabes
>>
>>382832643

I had no choice. My units got slaughtered down to the last. No strategy was effective against these enemies with bloated stats.

What difficulty were you playing on anyway? Hard/classic for me
>>
>>382832895
hard/classic

Thabes can be beaten with grind as long as you understand game mechanics

Echoes on the whole is so shitty and easy that you can breeze through it without understanding the first thing about game mechanics. Not true of Thabes (no grind)
>>
>>382834232

It was easy, but I wouldn't say shitty. At least, not shittier than your average Fire Emblem these days. I had fun with it. It's different, that's for sure, i took it for what it was
>>
File: turnwheel.jpg (59KB, 500x270px) Image search: [Google]
turnwheel.jpg
59KB, 500x270px
>>382831812
Just abused warp w/ Dreds and Bow Knights for the most part.
Took some resets and rewinding but I managed to get the RNG on my side.

Honestly, I thought this was a great addition to the game, I like when an entry feels more connected to the rest of the series. FE Switch and potential remakes should have post-games like this.
>>
Is this a good game to start playing Fire Emblem series?
>>
>>382836586
Awakening or FE7 are still the best entry points.

Echoes was very fun but the mechanics differ enough from other entries to make me say that it should be held off for a bit.
>>
>>382836826
>awakening
yeah no

por and FE7 are best entry points
>>
>>382837881
It's not the best of what the series has to offer but it's not the worst. Easy enough to get into while introducing most of the core mechanics, certainly more than other entries. FE7 is better overall though.

>por
If you're not emulating or have no money to burn then good luck with that.
>>
>>382838446
>it's not the worst
it's one of the worst

mechanically it's one of the worst games in the series. Pair-up and nosferatu utterly break the game in half. Introducing an utterly broken game to new players is going to cause a lot of friction when they play games with actually good mechanics
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.