[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what reason do people have for not liking prey? are people really

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_1170.png (1MB, 700x394px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1170.png
1MB, 700x394px
what reason do people have for not liking prey? are people really autistic enough to not like a well made game because of its name?
>>
Yep. And the majority of v hates on anything that's popular until a crack comes out
>>
>>382831791
Some people just do not want to lower their expectations to fully enjoy things.
>>
>>382831791
>are people really autistic enough to not like a well made game because of its name?
yes.
>>
I haven't played Prey but I'm inclined to believe it's not good because you make these kinds of threads about it, and I've not played a single new release that got these kinds of shitpost threads and was actually good.
>>
>>382831791
>are people really autistic enough to not like a well made game because of its name?
We are on /v/ after all
>>
File: file.png (179KB, 256x315px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
179KB, 256x315px
Oh hey it's this thread again.
>>
Some of just wanted that open world space station bounty hunter game, anon.
>>
Combat is kind of shitty, I want to explore but fighting enemies is so fucking tedious
>>
>>382832998
>and I've not played a single new release that got these kinds of shitpost threads and was actually good.

The new Hitman game got shitposted to hell mostly because of its business model but there were still people shitting on the game itself despite having not played it

Its calmed down since the devs got dropped from SE and went independent but you still get faggots shitposting even though the game itself is fine
>>
On normal about 5 hours in I kinda found it stupid hard. Short ammo, not enough weapons (pistol, shotgun, that stupid mold cast thing) and then there would be like 5 phantoms in a room that could fuck you up in a couple hits. Kinda started feeling like a chore and wasn't fun anymore. I wanted to finish it, i did. But ended up just dropping it without realizing.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (29KB, 775x174px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
29KB, 775x174px
>>382831791
Should've called it System Shock 3

:^)
>>
File: 1495137466144.jpg (108KB, 1078x1078px) Image search: [Google]
1495137466144.jpg
108KB, 1078x1078px
>>382832998
>I've not played a single new release that got these kinds of shitpost threads

WOW Anon, I ACTUALLY feel bad for you lmao. You'll figure it out in a few years if you're still around
>>
>>382833294
ok, so if it was called something completely different everyone would love it? are you all really that petty
>>
>>382834762
Chances are most of them never even played the original prey and are just shitting on it because they can.
Though I imagine some faggots are delusional enough to belive that prey (2017) had anything to do with prey2 getting cancelled and wasn't just zenimax trying to recoup losses/sit on a trademark.
The original title for the game was typhon or something IIRC.
>>
>>382831791
I'm actually planning on playing it because I'm a sucker for any game that plays like System Shock.
>>
>>382834319
Please finish reading.
>>
>>382833481
I'm not talking about shitposting threads in general as much as I'm talking about "the only reason anyone dislikes [game] is for [something silly]" threads. Personal experience has shown me there are always way more reasons to dislike the game specified.
>>
File: SS3L3.jpg (885KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
SS3L3.jpg
885KB, 1920x1080px
>>382833826
They couldn't since its already being made
>>
File: tumblr_ok5u3zeKaU1r8zoy6o1_1280.png (685KB, 588x1038px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ok5u3zeKaU1r8zoy6o1_1280.png
685KB, 588x1038px
It's never only one reason. For some they don't like it because they do feel like a better game was killed for it. For others another "spooky scary jumpscare game with some deep meaning" is really unwanted. For another group the game does not do "spooky scary jumpscare game with some deep meaning" well. And so on and so on. It might be even a mix of those things. It's rarely just one thing.
>>
>>382838160
>spooky scary jumpscare

In Prey? What?
>>
>>382838227
The mimic things that hide as random objects
>>
>>382838321
They stop being a jumpscare pretty early on.
>>
>>382838837
So like most jumpscares then?
>>
>>382832998
It really is good. Decently challenging at points, a good story, a shit ton of side missions and a fair amount of ways to complete the game. Even after you beat it, you're able to choose ypur ending. There's enough abilities and upgrades that you can play through two or three times in order to get them all. Combat and movement feel satisfying and exploration is fun. It's a good vidya desu senpai.
>>
File: 1468689687177.jpg (58KB, 667x800px) Image search: [Google]
1468689687177.jpg
58KB, 667x800px
>>382838160
System and Bio shock ware not exactly super horror games ether but still manage to be good.

Prey is pretty amazing as a Sci-Fi roleplyng exploration shooter.
>>
Too few weapons. Anyone saying it's a System Shock successor never played either of them. Anyone saying it's a better Prey never played the first one. Branding hurt it far worse than you could ever know. Also the Typhon enemies simply aren't all that appealing to fight nor appealing visually.
>>
>>382839447
No one is sayng its better than any of those games.
And while i do agree it has less weapons than System shock it has instead way more environmental interactions and non weapon ways of killing enemies.
>>
>>382839285
I'm not saying Prey is bad, I'm saying people who think that the reason why others may dislike it is just the title is the same type of people who think everyone that disliked the new ghostbusters just hates women.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.