[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm trying to like this game but in the first 20 minutes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: hollow knight.jpg (233KB, 1600x740px) Image search: [Google]
hollow knight.jpg
233KB, 1600x740px
I'm trying to like this game but in the first 20 minutes the controls are delayed and the keyboard controls suck (don't have a controller). Should I try to continue or should I get a refund? Any other great platformers?
>>
>>382830059
Platformers are torture on kb, go buy a 360 pad
>>
>>382830289
Wouldn't be too bad if I could use the mouse.
>>
>>382830059
>KB+M
>platformers

lol
>>
>>382830059
The controls are super responsive and satisfying with a controller. Please don't judge the game based on a KB+M experience because I've really been enjoying the shit out of it.
>>
>>382830660
>>382830779
Doesn't excuse the fact it takes an extra second for me jump when I hit the button
>>
>>382831503
it unironically works on my machine
>>
>>382831503
That's really weird, I would ask around and try to get that sorted out before going right for the refund.
>>
>>382831503
are you playing on a toaster by any chance?

when I try to game on my laptop and it's under heavy load sometimes I'll get input delay
>>
>>382831503

It sounds like it may be trouble on your end. Granted i understand that if a product doesn't work for you it just doesn't work regardless of whether we can blame the developer. All I'm saying is that it's pretty fun and the controls are good in my experience and I suggest trying to find out why this is happening to you rather than getting that refund so quick.
>>
What the fuck is wrong with using keyboard for a 2D platformer?
I have literally had no trouble with keyboard controls for over 20 years
>>
>>382831503
>he has a shit machine
>blames the game for the fps drops
reminder that the game has 3D background layers with highly detailed textures
>>
>>382831503
This was happening to me, but I turned down the resolution and vsync. Now it is butter smooth.

The biggest fault with this game is that it is REALLY slow to other Metroid(vanias), at least in my opinion. The first hours are pretty sluggish, it will open up after the second boss.
>>
>>382834321
There's still not an excuse for it. Ori and the Blind Forest, too. These games shouldn't run like shit on toasters, but they use a shitty engine like Unity.
That being said, I've never experienced a slowdown in either game because I've played them both with a GTX 970. But anyone should be able to see these games and say "this should run on my laptop that runs HL2" no problem.
They're both good games with good actual gameplay design, but behind the scenes, they're terribly made.
>>
>>382831503
Keyboard player here. You're going to have tons of fun in the White Palace
>>
>>382835796
As a controller-user that was my favourite area in the entire game.
If you play even a handful of PC games, a controller is worth the investment as it instantly increases the enjoyment of so many games.
>>
>>382830059
You should've known just by the character design and title font that this is nothing but a pretentious indie game thaT ONLY FUCKING NEWFAGS LOVE KILL THIS SHIT BURN IT WITH FIRE HAHAHAHAHA DIE NIGGER DIE I FUCKING HATE THEM SO MUCH FUCK NIGGER KNIGHT HEEHEEHEE I POSTED IT AGAIN AND YOU CAN'T FUCKIN STOP ME!
>>
get a controller ffs
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.