[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else agree? >By 2015, American men 31 to 55 were

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: 2017-07-04 17_45_38.jpg (1MB, 1895x1429px) Image search: [Google]
2017-07-04 17_45_38.jpg
1MB, 1895x1429px
Anyone else agree?

>By 2015, American men 31 to 55 were working about 163 fewer hours a year than that same age group did in 2000. Men 21 to 30 were working 203 fewer hours a year. One puzzle is why the working hours for young men fell so much more than those of their older counterparts. The gap between the two groups grew by about 40 hours a year, or a full workweek on average.

>“Games provide a sense of waking in the morning with one goal: I’m trying to improve this skill, teammates are counting on me, and my online community is relying on me,” said Jane McGonigal, a video game scholar and game designer. “There is a routine and daily progress that does a good job at replacing traditional work.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/03/upshot/why-some-men-dont-work-video-games-have-gotten-really-good.html?
>>
>Young men aged 21-30 spend on average 3.4 hours per week on playing video games
Truly, video games signal the end of civilization as we know it.
>>
>>382830553
This!!!! So much this!!!

I see my nephews with their noses in their phones playing Pokémon Go all the time!!! I fear for their future!!!
>>
File: women'sufferagemovement.png (532KB, 1808x3731px) Image search: [Google]
women'sufferagemovement.png
532KB, 1808x3731px
>>382829819
>>382829819
Pro tip: Big Banks and corporate fags stole the nation's wealth and jobs years ago.
>>
File: tbh.jpg (13KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
tbh.jpg
13KB, 300x225px
>>382831736
This is some fine, hand aged, well marbled bait. From the reddLt spacing, to the overuse of exclamation points, to the non-sequitur, and finally, the personal experience! Great job.
>>
>>382829819
>Video games have gotten really good
Video games are shit.
>>
>>382829819
robots are replacing workers tard
>>
>make the workplace environment a living hell of PC culture
>the rat race to maintain a barely surviving low middle class wage is getting harder by the day
>work is becoming less satisfying
>advancements in automation reducing a need for man hours

Gee I fucking wonder why.
>>
>>382829819
I think there is much truth to it.
I fall 99% in that category. Video games especially MMOs/ARPGs/Mobas all have that sense of real-life progression. It kinda feels like work playing 6 - 10 hours of Dota. I feel accomplished after that time investment altough i shouldnt.
>>
File: Bald Eagle American Flag.jpg (33KB, 750x498px) Image search: [Google]
Bald Eagle American Flag.jpg
33KB, 750x498px
>>382829819
First of all
>video games have gotten really good
Fake news

Second of all
Men play video games because their fun and enjoyable. However, there are some men that are retreating from society into video games because the society is sick.
Many young guys have seen awful things in society:
>Men been dragged up courts by a lot of malicious women and having their lives ruined while the women profit
>Promiscuous women are seen in a positive light
>Marriages end in divorce more than half the time
>Men are blamed for all of society's ills
>Jobs are hard to come by
>housing is a mess
Simply put, when the women and society have become so hostile to the men, then the men see no reason to put effort into protecting it. You took away the motivation for men to work hard.

Think of it this way...Would you save a rainbow-haired feminist if she was being mauled by a bear?
Advice to women: Be worth protecting
>>
>>382829819
traditional 8 hours of work + 1-2 hours of commuting a day are becoming less and less popular (obviously, as it leaves almost no time for leisure). employers will have to adapt to changing times desu

e-sports provide an appealing alternative to young men, as they can both do something they enjoy, get paid and have their own schedule. it might not be the most viable thing ever, but it can be easily explained
>>
There's no reason to work hard/more hours.
Videogames are a cheap as fuck hobby, so I don't need a lot of money for leisure time.
>>
>>382829819
Jobs and therefore total working hours are becoming more and more scarce due to improved automation, a trend that will continue because robots are cheaper in the long run than paying human workers. I fully expect that within the next 50 years a sizable chunk of the population will be unemployed because of this, which will cause an economic crisis of immense scale if something is not done. Possible alternatives are decreasing total working hours per employee while retaining the same amount of pay or implementing some sort of universal basic income aka universal autismbux. Expect to see more people staying at home and playing vidya or pursuing other hobbies as time goes on.
>>
Amazon is killing more jobs than China
>>
>>382832345

This.

Always a scapegoat. Whether it's the reason kids shoot up schools, women aren't getting married, men are dropping out of society, and now less hours worked, video games are always to blame.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.