[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This game, while very good, is over-rated and contains an astounding

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: 250px-PMTTYD.jpg (34KB, 250x349px) Image search: [Google]
250px-PMTTYD.jpg
34KB, 250x349px
This game, while very good, is over-rated and contains an astounding amount of backtracking filler
>>
Were you hoping to start a heated debate with that completely reasonable opinion?
>>
>>382815023
fuck you, dad!
>>
And water is wet. What's your point?
>>
Yeah, like when they forced you to fight four groups of those ghost enemies in a row just to get through the Keelhaul Key door puzzle. What were they thinking? JRPGs waste your time so much.
>>
64 was better
>>
File: 1492037610442.gif (628KB, 195x164px) Image search: [Google]
1492037610442.gif
628KB, 195x164px
>>382814705
I like color splash.
>>
If they made another Paper Mario like the first two, what are the partners that you would like to see?
>>
>>382815516
Blooper, Chain Chomp, Shy Guy and/or Snifit, Podoboo, Rocky Wrench, Bullet Bill, Magikoopa
>>
>>382815458

Me too.
>>
Paper Luigi game when?
>>
>>382814705
The Paper Mario series has always been a poor man's Mario and Luigi since TTYD.
>>
>>382815816
*since Sticker Star
>>
>>382815816
Other way around. M&L was never good since Superstar Saga.
>>
>>382814705
the great tree, chapter 4, and chapter 7's start is really dumb.

Everything else is pretty great though
>>
>>382816110
Chapter 4 has a real good spooky feel going for it but it was ruined by the constant travel back and forth. It could've been handled much better.
>>
>>382816052
>series first game is so good that only ONE of the subsequent entries even comes close to topping it

PiT was a misstep, Dream Team was a literal snoozefest, and Paper Jam refined DT's mechanics but the actual game is dull and lacking polish/excitement.
>>
>>382815816
i don't enjoy M&L because of the way you have to control both brothers, also paper mario had way more variety in terms of character builds/abilities/items
>>
>>382815990
this

Paper Mario and TTYD were both way better than Superstar Saga and Partners in Time. SPM is a hybrid RPG/platformer game that hasn't been replicated by anything else.

Sticker Star and Color Splash are inferior to Bowser's Inside Story, Dream Team and Paper Jam.
>>
>>382816394
Precisely, Bowser's Inside Story was the only exception. The M&L series has been milked a little too much, and I think they know it since they've made a remake instead of a new entry. They need to take a break from the series for a bit, maybe give Paper Mario its RPG element back in the mean time since it has a completely different charm to it.
>>
>>382816110

Chapter 1 is too similar to PM64's chapter 1, Chapter 3 is dull on replays,
Chapter 5 has the same backtracking BS as chapter 4 and the first half of chapter 7 is a joke.
>>
>>382814705
Backtracking is literally the only thing wrong with the game, it's a minor flaw and everything else is fucking tops
>>
>>382814705

Imaging how garbage this game would seem without chapter 3. That entire chapter saves practically the entire game.
>>
>>382816474
> Sticker Star and Color Splash are inferior to Paper Jam
This, it pains me to agree with this. The first two Paper Mario games I adore wholeheartedly, but they keep trying to reinvent Paper Mario when it doesn't need to be fixed. Super Paper Mario has story but horrible gameplay, it was better when it was for shots and giggles as Bowser in TTYD.
>>
Super Mario RPG: LotSS >>> Nothing
Paper Mario "Mario RPG 2" > Superstar Saga
TTYD >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Partners in Time
Super Paper Mario <<<<<<< Bowser's Inside Story
Sticker Star <<<<<<<<<<<< Dream Team
Color Splash <<<<<<<<<<< Paper Jam

The Paper Mario series used to be better than the Mario & Luigi series until the SPM and BiS era.

Now the Mario & Luigi series is better overall than the Paper Mario series.
>>
>>382817018

The level design is lacking too, the areas are ridiculously linear and some dungeons like the creepy steeple are tiny.

The partner's field abilities are too similar to PM64's as well.
>>
>>382815516

A Goonie, a Monty Mole, and a Wiggler.
>>
>>382815516

Honestly, a Toad would be nice. Obviously a unique Toad with their own design, but it's kind of surprising it never happened.
>>
File: 1366227837279.gif (823KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1366227837279.gif
823KB, 200x200px
my save file of this got corrupted
>>
>>382815516
Amiibo/DLC Paper versions of other Nintendo characters.
>>
>>382817408
>
I disagree

>
Doesn't matter imo
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.