[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have over 100 hours in FTL and I still have trouble beating

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: .jpg (46KB, 660x360px) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
46KB, 660x360px
I have over 100 hours in FTL and I still have trouble beating Hard mode consistently. I'm currently trying to beat hard as one of the Mantis ships to unlock the Slugs. What's the best Mantis ship type? What are some elite advanced level protips?
>>
I had 1 minute and beat this game by refunding it.
>>
>>382803896
I'm actually in the same boat as you. I haven't touched FTL in a while, but I was having a lot of trouble on hard mode. I think I left off trying to unlock the Crystal ship and never did.
>>
>>382803896
Just download a save file and have fun :)
>>
>>382805532
I ain't no stinkin' cheater *spits*
>>
>>382803896
I have trouble with beating the game on normal with engi ship, any tips?
>>
>>382807765
Don't use Engi B
>>
>>382803896
Mantis B&C are much better than A, 4 man teleporter is OP, they both have rough start, but if you get past first two sectors they absolutely destroy everything in their way. There are a lot of small things that make you good at FTL, best way to learn is to watch someone who is good at the game like DarkTwinge or Lethalfrag.
>>
>>382810017
On hard, teleporting becomes a lot less useful when enemy ships start having med bays.
>>
fuck this game and its retarded rng
>>
>>382811245
That what bombs/weapons/hacking/crystals are for. Also against some ships you can abuse enemy AI and have some of your boarders in the shields while others destroy the medbay.

>>382813054
The RNG is not bad, unless you are using a few of the crappy ships. Probably you are just bad at the game.
>>
>>382814637
I dunno, some of the events are pretty bullshit. And if you get shit RNG and can't get any extra crew on ships that start with 1 or 2 members, well, you're boned!
>>
>>382816254
Part of being good is knowing what each event does, and what option to choose, and there is only one actually bullshit event that you cannot just ignore, and even that one only has 1/4 chance of a bad outcome. As for crew, Engi B is just a bad ship, weakest one in the game IMO, and there are not many ships with 2 starting crewmembers either.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.