[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>"This game is terrible because there's a fuckload

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: re6.jpg (43KB, 630x335px) Image search: [Google]
re6.jpg
43KB, 630x335px
>"This game is terrible because there's a fuckload of QTEs every 5 seconds! and the game takes control away from the player every 5 seconds too!!!"
>There's literally less QTEs than in both RE4 and RE5
>There's not even cutscenes QTEs
>The game LITERALLY only takes control away from the player in Leon's intro

What did they mean by this? Why is most of the RE6 criticism completely exaggerated? Literally fake news
>>
RE6 was so much fucking fun.
Easily one of the top entries for me in the series.
>>
>>382803384
not replying to the tripfag but i agree with him.
If you have a friend to play through it with that is. It wouldn't be as good solo.
>>
>>382803384
People get mad when they realise they have no friends to play through it with
>>
>>382804328
this desu
>>
>>382803384
First, don't say fake news.

Second, part of the hate comes from the high expectations. If the game had been some random shooter it might've been less hated, but also more easily forgotten.

As it happens this is one of my favorite RE games but I won't deny that it is tremendously flawed. It's not one major flaw, either, it's a huge list of minor complaints that pile up and sour the experience. You can learn to get passed them but for a lot of people the game is playable once and if it doesn't deliver then it lost its chance.
>>
File: Mercs.jpg (146KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Mercs.jpg
146KB, 1920x1080px
>>382803384
>>There's literally less QTEs than in both RE4 and RE5
>>There's not even cutscenes QTEs
>>The game LITERALLY only takes control away from the player in Leon's intro
These were implemented in the Steam and PS4/XB1 ports. You can disable the QTE bypass in the options to see how the game originally played.

With that said I thought the campaign wasn't as good as 5's. Best goddamn iteration of Mercs though.

Capcom needs to release a full-on 4-6p Mercs title with characters and stages encompassing the series. No Mercy should be the standard difficulty and maps should include popular bosses for sub/final boss spawns. Capcom doesn't want our money.
>>
>>382803384
You know the game was patched right? Those complaints were at release.
>>
>>382804885
Don't get me wrong, I still believe the game is shit, just surprised to see the reasons why everyone say it's shit, because they're really not a big deal breaker.

>>382804928
>>382805045

Figured it had been patched. But what about the "takes control away from you"? did they also patch that?

I beat Leon's campaign and I'm at the middle of Chris', also one reviewer said the game had "too many vehicle sections", but I've encountered none so far, is Jake's campaign cramped with them?
>>
>>382805708
>Jake's campaign cramped with them?
Nope. It's also the best one.

Also are you playing them one by one? Or in the recommended chapter order?
>>
>>382803384
Kys you piece of shit. The only thing I care is that it stained the franchise even further. Slap another name and I would have both it. Resident Evil is survival horror and RE 6 is as far away as humanly possible from this. If you support this game unironically only a noose can rid the world of the cancer that is you.
>>
>>382806084
Resident evil stopped being survival horror since RE4, this is factual. So you should hate 4
>>
>>382806186
Regenerators and Novistators are a big Fuck you to that statement
>>
>>382806186
At least 4 is good and 6 is anal waste
>>
>>382804928
>>382805045

Isn't the QTE bypass only for amateur?
>>
>>382806415

Novistadors are not scary unless you're a gigantic wimp.

Regenerators are scary the first time you encounter one, the others are just ezpz
>>
File: onstinko2.jpg (47KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
onstinko2.jpg
47KB, 640x480px
>>382805986
>>
>>382803384
Better than 5, worse than 4, not going to play
>muh fixed camera angles
entries
>>
>>382805708
>because they're really not a big deal breaker.
I know, that's what I'm saying. It's not the gravity of the issues, it's the quantity. There are just so many, moment by moment poor design decisions that it makes the game a pain in the ass.
>>
>>382806186
>Resident evil stopped being survival horror since RE4

With RE7 not anymore bitch
>>
>>382803384
It's fun as fuck and I'll never accept the total disdain for it. I can sympathize with RE enthusiasts not appreciating the direction it took, but to say it's an outright bad game would be a lie, it's just got a lot of mechanics that aren't explained the best. Once you adjust to all the diving, sliding, leaping, counters, etc., the game is just a fun action shooter in a zombie setting.
>>
>>382806415
And how many of them are in the game? Also Novistadors? What the fuck? you mean the dudes that die in 1 hit if you hit them in the air?

Maybe you little kids don't know this, but horror doesn't actually comes from the Monsters, but the game mechanics. You could make a horror game where you're just a POW trapped in some middle eastern village full of talibans, because horror comes from game mechanics. The mechanics that made RE a survival horror game were the clunky combat, very limited inventory and very limited supplies and checkpoints. RE4 features some 90s action hero who makes spinning flying kicks, sports a cool hair cut and who has a fuckload of weapons and ammo at the same time.

The reason why people get scared with the first regens is because they're something they can't kill. As soon as you get the thermal scope, all the fear around them dissipates.

>>382809123
It's a shit game with a fuckload of extremely poor design decisions and other annoying aspects

>Jumping zombies
>they missed you and hit the ground
>but an inch of their fingernail touched your feet
>so they pin you down, immediately making you lose 3 HP and forcing another QTE

or
>crawling zombie
>he's not facing you
>he immediately spins 180 (just like a teleport) and lounges at you, repeat the same scenerio from the same point

don't even make me mention the random enemy spawn, where enemies literally pop into existence right in front of you
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.