[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did you guys have any hope for EAfront 2 before seeing the E3

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 8

File: packArt.img.jpg (177KB, 992x1354px) Image search: [Google]
packArt.img.jpg
177KB, 992x1354px
Did you guys have any hope for EAfront 2 before seeing the E3 reveal? At first I got excited because MUH EPS 1 nostalgia, but then realized there was nothing revolutionary done with the gameplay, just straight up copy/paste from EAfrontt 2 with Rae/Darth maul mods.

Also apparently there are COD style microtransactions to make up for no paid DLC. Mark my words, content will suffer with no paid season pass, so you're going to get a half assed base game and half assed "free" content. Not saying I agree with season passes but its just the state of the indistry and it fucking sucks.
>>
haven't given a shit about a DICE game since BC2
BF3 & 4 were shit, so why would any other game be good?
>>
>>382802432
>Mark my words, content will suffer with no paid season pass, so you're going to get a half assed base game and half assed "free" content
So like the previous game except without paying?
>>
>>382802484

I have really enjoyed BF1, just b3cause there isnt a comparable old style shooter out there of his quality. Yes I know its casualfied as fuck, but its a fun, easy game to play, the guns sound and look amazing, and the maps are brilliant looking.
>>
File: bear.gif (16KB, 193x217px) Image search: [Google]
bear.gif
16KB, 193x217px
>>382802432

im looking forward to it.

Although Battlefront EA was not as engaging as the original I still enjoyed it for a while playing with friends. I got my monies worth so I'm betting I will with this one too. Especially if there is a campaign.
>>
More hope than the first game, since we knew it was having free post-launch content and classes before E3.
> Mark my words, content will suffer with no paid season pass, so you're going to get a half assed base game and half assed "free" content.
BF3, 4 and BF1 all have subpar map packs when it used Premium. There was like one or two good maps per DLC, and the whole Naval Strike one in 4 was shit
>>
File: 501 delete this.jpg (94KB, 864x960px) Image search: [Google]
501 delete this.jpg
94KB, 864x960px
>>382802432
pay to win
after you bought the game

fuking cash grab and you fucks want to support this shit so we have in the future ONL this
>>
File: 1492213208595.jpg (67KB, 369x369px) Image search: [Google]
1492213208595.jpg
67KB, 369x369px
>>382802432
I have hopes that we get to play the good BF2 again /v/, last Sunday it was fun.
>>
>>382803615
>Implying we are going to buy it at full price or even first hand even if it's just marginally worse than previous games
No sane person would do that
R-right?
>>
>>382802432

its gonna be the same shallow shit as battlefront and battlefield 1 and looks like it from the trailers and such

im not gonna bother
>>
>deluxe edition
>all dlc is free
what?
>>
would it be worth it to buy the first one on sale if I don't care about multiplayer and just want to wreck bots
>>
>>382804841
P2W, you pay for cards and upgrades.
>>
>>382803031
what are you talking about, Naval Strike was great, wavebreak and operation mortar were 2 of the best maps in that game

china rising on the other hand, altai range and dragon valley were both dog shit
>>
File: 1496426568453.gif (527KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1496426568453.gif
527KB, 400x400px
>post yfw no Geonosis on launch
>>
>>382802432
>vehicles do not spawn on map
>vehicles still only half one seat
>guns do not use ammo
who can even like this half assed game
>>
>>382805824
no geonosians or droidekas alredy confirmed
>>
File: 1492282614076.png (96KB, 325x291px) Image search: [Google]
1492282614076.png
96KB, 325x291px
>>382807304
>no geonosians
I thought EAfront1 had dissapointed me enough. But this shit just keep getting worse and worse
>>
>>382807304
>no droidekas
nigga you best be trolling
>>
>>382807797
Iirc they said they wouldn't be at launch because they were "trying get them right".
I'm honestly more concerned about the second part,
>>
>>382802432
not really excited for any frostbite game desu.

EA/DICE aren't going to allow you to host your own servers, and certainly won't support any kind of modding, so really why bother? The base game will be meh, and there will be a few token modes that come with the DLC, but a lack of any editor or User-Created maps or mods will limit the lifecycle of the game substantially.

This lack of server-hosting and mods kept me away from BF1, and its probably going to do the same with EA-front2.
>>
There has been a leak apparently, and these are the Heroes that will be in the game (more to come later?). My question is where are the heroes that were already modeled and functional like Greedo, Nien Numb or Krennic?
>>
File: Screenshot_20170704-152443.png (95KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170704-152443.png
95KB, 720x1280px
>>382809608
>>
>>382802432
I would 100% buy a real Battlefront game. Like 100 versus 100 battles. Tons of enemies and so on. That would be worth 60$ but we all know EA is just going to pump out DLC and yearly games to make $$$ so fuck them. EA is one of the worst companies and they have the worst practices in the entire industry. The game also has lootboxes which is just cancer
>>
still waiting for vehicles to be 2 seaters like they fucking should be
>>
>>382809764
>8 OT era heroes, all probably reused from last game
>MC of campaign as hero, 3 heroes from the prequels and 3 from nutrilogy

You can't make this shit up. And wasn't Jango and clone commandos confirmed some days ago?
>>
>>382805229
Naval strike was shit.

Partially because of the idiocy surrounding it's "carrier assault" gamemode. Which was hyped to hell following BF4's disaster of a launch, and which was poorly recieved due to extremely poor design decisions (hurr hurr airspawn)

as for the maps, they felt kind of small for some reason, and didn't have enough vehicle variety.

>the apologists for EA say "w-well it's good they didn't have mobile (Big) Ships, t-they were misused too much in BF1942"

Of course, china rising also had shitty game-modes, the air-combat one simply demonstrated how bad air-combat in BF-games can be. Doesn't help much that they've seemed to make the same mistakes in BF1, (no landing-strips, rather small area, mid-air-reloading rather than RTB)

Overall I think the problem with EA/DICE games is they lack a willingness to try and balance things around skill or teamwork, and instead just rely on hard numbers or something. they've got no "vision" or taste, and have prevented modders from adding "vision" or "taste"
>>
>>382810802
we will never get movable At-AT
>>
>no prequel or nustarwars shit
>make heroes are AI killstreaks
>have galactic conquest

They just need these 3 things then it will be perfect but it will never happen
>>
>>382802432
I hate how they chose an indian woman as the lead character.
>>
>>382807304
>>382807797
probably because they can't fit them into the "common pool" weapons-system they've got going (or have had in Battlefield 4 and Battlefield 1).. due to how Droideka's have their guns built-in. and lack fingers/thumbs (unlike super-battledroids, which have hands)
>>
>>382810709
Clone commandos were confirmed as special units, and we assume jango is confirmed by concept art showing slave 1 chasing obiwans ship on kamino.
>>
>>382811085
>>no prequel or nustarwars shit
You might as well play Battlefront 1
>>
>>382811165
common pool makes no sense in a game taking place in three time periods, also super battle droids are hero units
>>
>>382810802
If you buy battlfield DLC for the gamemodes you're autistic. The only good mode to come out of a (recent) battlefield DLC is frontlines, which is really just carrier assault 2.0.

>they felt kind of small
I can KINDA see wavebreaker feeling small, and maybe mortar as well, but lost islands felt huge for being the smallest map in that DLC, and nansha strike was really large.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.