[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So... Anybody actually have one of these? I've got a decent

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

File: PSVR-headset.png (148KB, 511x378px) Image search: [Google]
PSVR-headset.png
148KB, 511x378px
So... Anybody actually have one of these?
I've got a decent amount of credit saved up at fucking gamestop and I'm thinking about maybe getting one. I've heard that you can use it on your PC as well for all the usual PC VR games, and I already have a couple of move controllers lying around from a few years back so I have the actual motion controls taken care of.
How does it work on PC? Any good games for VR on either the PS4 or PC? Are there any games on PC I wouldn't be able to play without an actual vive or oculus?
>>
>>382793995
Resident Evil 7, Farpoint (never thought that somewhat basic shooter with a strange 'tube gun' thing can be so fun), Eagle flight, Rez.
If you want mostly multiplayer try Rigs or Eve Valkyrie.
Look in PSN store (they have VR section) to see if anything else catches your fancy.
There's some free stuff, tech demos and 'experiences' too.
>>
>>382794463
Is Farpoint good enough to warrant a near full price, or should I wait for it to get cheaper?
>>
>>382794887
>near full price
I'd probably wait.
Game is good but somewhat short.
Definitely get the gun controller version if you can though.
>>
>>382795148
Funnily enough, I think I actually have some sort of gun thing for the move controllers from when they came out back on the ps3. I'm assuming it'd work just as well? Or is there something special about the new one?
>>
File: 1494306508570.png (129KB, 404x600px) Image search: [Google]
1494306508570.png
129KB, 404x600px
>want one for Ace Combat
>don't want to be the fag who buys a $1000 peripheral for one game
>>
>>382795372
Ace Combat is actually a pretty big reason why I want one of these over spending a bit more on something like an oculus, if I can use a PSVR on my PC and still get to play more or less the same games as vive/oculus then it's a no brainer for me.
>>
>>382793995
I own a Vive and PSVR.
Get a Vive if you want the best possible VR experience.

PSVR is decent though.
>>
>>382795280
>I think I actually have some sort of gun thing for the move controllers from when they came out back on the ps3.
I had that one too. Gave it away long before I got Farpoint so I didn't try it out.
As far as I remember that was just a plastic shell that you could stick your move controller into.
The Aim controller is basically a PS4 gamepad with a weird vaguely gun-like shape.
It has 2 analog sticks, digital pad + all the other buttons, even a small touch pad area.
The great thing is that the game actually uses it as a 'real' gun.
You aim by pulling it close to your face, aligning the sights or looking through scope, you switch weapons by putting the gun over your shoulder.
Together with alien landscape you traverse it's pretty immersive.
>>
>>382795563
I don't think it /actually/ works on PC

Physically there's nothing stopping it from working on PC, and Sony's president has expressed interest in porting it, but there would need to be a mountain of conversion software written because VR still isn't standardized
>>
>>382796171
>>382796207
Yeah, I know it's not officially supported but I've seen a few videos showing off a program that makes it work through steam VR. I was just curious if anybody has actual experience using it this way, just want to know what the limitations are for playing games that were more meant for oculus/vive motion controls.
>>
>>382796207
This is kind of wrong kind of right.

You can use VR on PC with no issue via Trinus. The issue is that if you want to play Vive and motion control games you will never a third playstation remote and a script for their gyroscopes to operate with Vive games.

The third remote you have to strap/duct tape to the top of your headset.

Check the TrinusVR/PSVR Trinus subreddit for more information.
>>
>>382796207
>I don't think it /actually/ works on PC
People are working on that.
I vaguely remember some Github PSVR repo and some other hacks where they managed to utilize the HMD and some gyros.
>>
>>382796529
need a third PS motion remote not "never"

Those Youtube clickbait vids are very uninformative.

There are videos floating around with the method I posted. I'll compile some links and proof of operation for you give me a bit.
>>
File: 6787867869.jpg (75KB, 679x453px) Image search: [Google]
6787867869.jpg
75KB, 679x453px
>>382793995
>Any good games for VR
Resident Evil 7
Rez Infinite
Farpoint
RIGS Mechanized Combat League
Robinson the Journey
Summer Lesson
Star Trek: Bridge Crew
Batman VR
Psychonauts and the Rhombus of Ruin
Job Simulator
Tumble VR
Until Dawn Rush of Blood

>vr games that are upcoming
Ace Combat 7
Skyrim VR
Gran Turismo Sport
Volume Coda
Ark Survival Evolved
War Thunder
>>
>>382796798
>Star Trek: Bridge Crew
Is there a singleplayer?
I don't have any trekkie friends and I don't don't want to play with random strangers.
>>
>>382796750
Thanks, I'd really appreciate getting to see it actually working on PC.
>>
File: 8759678.jpg (183KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
8759678.jpg
183KB, 750x1334px
>>382797181
when solo it gives you a team of bots
>>
File: Capture.png (576KB, 960x695px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
576KB, 960x695px
>>382796750
For TrinusVR the software used to operate a PSVR headset on PC via HDMI
https://www.trinusvirtualreality.com/psvr/

Mapping controllers to be used with hand motion games
https://www.trinusvirtualreality.com/freepiepsvr/

Positional Tracking (if you actually want to walk around the enviroment) Requires third controller
https://github.com/cboulay/PSMoveService/wiki/PSVR-Positional-Tracking-setup
https://bitbucket.org/hawkinse/psmovefreepiebridge
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06_cMrM0EKY&index=1&list=PLM_NtdgT2QVcAqnRJfCvV142ffJpme3Ww
The Youtube video I posted is the only useful one, it's made by a Redditor in the VR community. Pic related is his setup, you don't have to solder or anything or figure out a way to keep it constantly powered with the headset.

You can literally just take a controller and duct tape it to the headset.

Also if you go for positional tracking, get some PS3eye/aditional PS4eye cameras for better quality.

I STRONGLY suggest using the TrinusVR and its Subreddit for questions. /v/ is stupid as fuck.
>>
>>382797970
Sorry about how poorly organized that is, Im in a rush but I want to help. Heres some gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGYtO8od8i8

You notice how his hands constantly get fucked up? When that happens with a Vive it typically means your body is block the camera towers view of your controllers or your headsets camera is being blocked. Thats why Vive setups usually have TWO cameras instead of just one. This is the same thing when it comes to the PSVR headset when setup in the same fashion.

If you're going for a full on VR experience I suggest you invest in a couple more cameras. If you plan on sitting down/playing with a controller/playing treadmill games then you can just download TrinusVR and get started with no issue.
>>
>>382798264
Also note the more PSeye cameras you use the lesser jitter, but at the same time for the more CPU overhead.

Honestly just get a fucking Vive.
>>
>>382798578
I could bump up to a vive, but there's a few PS4 vr games I'd like to be able to play and the price difference is honestly a sizeable factor as well. Even if it's not perfect, as long as it's possible to play all those same games on pc, PSVR is more appealing to me.
>>
>>382798996
Then go for the PSVR mang, do what makes you and your wallet happy
>>
>VR thread on /v/ reached 20 posts without anyone bitching and moaning how the VR is dead and how he doesn't care until someone makes a holodeck
guess there has to be some really really fast BotW vs HZD thread going on or something
>>
File: Screenshot_20170704-104213.png (700KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170704-104213.png
700KB, 1440x2560px
So I trade these to get the additional 70% and buy what games??
>>
>>382799406
Yeah, thanks for all the info though. Lots of good stuff to consider for using it on PC.
>>
>>382799603
I worked at VR Arcade, our most popular game was Job Simulator. It's great for guests and whatever people you may have over.
>>
>>382800016
I mean the b2g1 to trade at another gamestop
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.