[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When does this game get hard? Asking this unironically, because

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

When does this game get hard?
Asking this unironically, because I just wanna know when does a risk of actually losing your heroes on a quest appears? So maybe I would try to send a scouting party to slaughter, while keeping the best heroes and trinkets safe. Actually do you lose the trinkets when a hero that has them equipped dies?
>>
How far ahead are you?
>>
>>382790042
Not very far I guess. About level 2-3 in all areas.
So far only the Hag gave me some trouble, because of the pot mechanic.
>>
File: 1497874174427m.jpg (60KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1497874174427m.jpg
60KB, 1024x576px
>>382790293
>keeping trinkets safe
Hehehehehe

you can lose 8+ from a random hamlet event
>>
>>382790293
Well, the Darkest Dungeon assaults are known to be total party wipers, also veteran-level and above bosses, also, the higher the levels, the more frequent and tougher the enemies, as well as more frequent random boss encounters. So I'll just advise you to keep playing, won't be long before you lose a bunch of your favorite heroes (it's inevitable).
>>
File: remind yourself.png (466KB, 472x477px) Image search: [Google]
remind yourself.png
466KB, 472x477px
>>382789727
Champion dungeon is where the game finally really starts showing teeth.
Veteran is manageable with low armor and skills, but you really need max skills and armor for champion level without trinkets.
And the Darkest Dungeon will kick your ass if your not prepared
>>
>>382790737
>random
It seems like this is the only way to get fucked in this game.
>>382790754
What about before the final dungeon? Does the relative difficulty level rise, even if you have all the upgrades? So far the medium level quests seemed like more of the same, but with higher numbers on both sides.
>>
Also, the Vestal seems mandatory in almost every party. Since she's the only dedicated healer, and the only one that has a party heal. That's why I had to recruit three of them and rotate them in and out, so they wouldn't level up too fast.
>>
>>382791032
Hard to say, I've deleted around three total saves due to running out of time.
The third wave of vanilla bosses along with the crimson court fucked over a large amount of progress.

Are you playing on the standard mode?
>>
>>382791615
Wrong, she doesnt even get the best heals
Occultist
Enjoy your marks, moves and debuffs, and crit 30s heals
and your 0s right when you need a heal
>>
>>382791683
Wait a second, this game has a time limit?
And do you mean the vanilla game or the standard difficulty? Anyway, the answer to both is yes. The DLC is still too expensive and I've heard it has quite a few issues, so I didn't get it.
>>
>>382791823
A woopin 2pt crit
>>
File: IMG_3188.jpg (105KB, 725x767px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3188.jpg
105KB, 725x767px
>>382791615
yeah, you can get ballsy and bring in a Flagellant or an Occultist for healing, but those at risky by design because enemies can either ignore the Flagellant and leave him healthy enough to never heal anyone, or the Occultist can get bad heal rolls
>>
>>382789727
DD isn't hard. You just get fucked over by RNG a lot and you have to decide for yourself when you've had enough or if you want to build yet another party and power through.
>>
>>382791823
The problem with the single target heals, even as big one as the occultist has, is that when your entire party is constantly getting damage, his pinpoint healing is still gonna take a few turns to top everyone. And the others will continue to take damage in the meantime, always leaving someone at low HP and in danger. I'd rather have somewhat beaten up party, than risk heroes suffering the death's door debuff for the rest of the quest.
Gotta use him for my abomination party though, because I have no choice.
>>
>>382792132
That's why you have a tank or several self healers, but shore'
>>
>>382792301
A tank isn't gonna save you from damage spread equally over the entire party.
>>
>>382791956
What the fuck are you on about?

>>382792132
That's why you have self healers, aux healers. and focus on wiping the enemy above all else
Better to try and prevent than fix
>>
>>382792428
That's your problem for letting party wide damage dealers live past the first turn
>>
>>382792301
The closest there is to a tank that takes most of the damage for himself is the Man At Arms, but even with blocking and self marks, that still leaves 2 members exposed and unprotected

Unless you're in the Weald, where the Scratchers automatically target any marked person
>>
>>382791847
If you're on the hard mode (stygian, or bloodmone with dlc), there's a death and time limit, but you're probably not on that mode, then.
>>
>>382792516
>aux healers
Well, the Arbalest can be healing for 3 points, or doing 20+ damage that turn. I guess, when the push comes to shove she really will have to spend that turn healing though.
>>382792578
>killing bosses on the first turn
Tell me your secrets, anon.
>>
>>382792695
Not on Stygian. Just the default Darkest mode with all the options checked.
>>
>>382792656
I usually run antiquarian, occultist, and flagellant at all times

The fourth is either a bleed or blight dealer. It works for pretty much everything sans a few bosses.

Bleed & blight parties are just too good post crimson court dlc
>>
>>382790293
Champion level dungeons.
>>
>>382792804
Crimson Curse houndmaster bloodlusted + extra blood chug, dog treat, MAA camp buffs, and marked boss from some source

ezpz +280% hits, crit to one-shot the boss, doesn't require multi-turn stacking like the gimper either
>>
Anyone solo crocadilian with flagellant yet?
Shits silly to watch
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.