[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is cheating actually prevalent in CSGO? I played my first ranked

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: sn_logo.jpg (51KB, 1024x512px) Image search: [Google]
sn_logo.jpg
51KB, 1024x512px
Is cheating actually prevalent in CSGO?

I played my first ranked match yesterday and it was going fine, 3/3 nbd. Then some guy on the other team said something along the lines of "you motherfuckers" and just goes off on a tear. He's getting almost all the kills each round. We only win one more round. At one point he says, "you guys started this". What's crazy is that he was able to head shot me through some multiple times.

I thought it was difficult to cheat in valve games.
>>
File: 1439733657741.gif (1024KB, 242x227px) Image search: [Google]
1439733657741.gif
1024KB, 242x227px
>>382786872
>gets stomped on by a semi-competent player
>WAH, CHEATERS!
>>
>>382787023
Oh i know I'm poo poo. But my team kept saying he was cheating.
Again, haven't played it much, but those smoke screen head shots were fucky to me.
>>
>>382786872
Cheating is very prevalent, but it's impossible to tell if an enemy is cheating because the skill ceiling is too high. It's easy to tell when your allies are doing it, because most of the time they'll fucking tell you.
>>
Mostly it's just people who are bad and think they're good thinking that anyone better than them must be cheating. Some times you'll get lucky a couple of times and people will call you out. Once that happens you know what kind of weight to put behind those kinds of accusations.

Sometimes people are actually cheating and you can't really tell unless you spec them which you can't really do in ranked. Actualy egregious head-upside-down-in-body spin hacks are were always much much more rare.
>>
>>382788848
Is the game even worth playing if fuckers are gonna cheat and i have no way of knowing?
>>
>>382786872
Depends if you have prime mm or not. It's free and it means no hackers and less smurfs.

That said prime just gave valve a lazy excuse not to solve the problems at the root and nonprime is infested with hackers and smurfs.
>>
>>382786872
i play only once in a while with friend and it only happens maybe 1/50 games where sum1 blatantly start cheating. im lower ranked and i usually play with a friend who plays a shit ton so he smurfs with us. the most common way i seen people cheat is when they get mad at my friend for smurfing and they think he's cheating and they turn on cheats. easiest way to tell if they are cheating is if they start playing abnormally better in the middle of the match.
>>
>>382789087
What's prime?
>>
>>382789761
some shit where you have to verify a your cs go account with a phone. if you have prime an the whole lobby does too you only play with other people with prime. you can only verify 1 account per phone so it is suppose to help with cheaters and smurfs. they some still slip through though as some think they can get away with just toggling and it is easy to get a cheap sim card to verify multiple accounts with a phone or just use some online phone service.
>>
>>382790401
That makes sense.
>>
>>382786872
Cheating in all semi-competitive shooters is sky-high.

There's very very little that's been done to stop cheating; usually just band-aid "solutions" that are circumvented within days or weeks. Probably 10-20% of any given FPS population cheats at the game.
>>
>>382786872
If you want to actually enjoy the inferior version of CS then you need to buy ESEA because every other alt league has cheaters still prevalent, and matchmaking is a shitfest rife with cheaters. When you hit LEM I'd say it's hvh every other game in non prime, and closet cheaters LEM+ in prime.

This all being said I still like it, and it's fun to shit on lems who cry hacks, but it's really not worth it unless you play ESEA as it has very little cheaters.
>he justifies paying 6.95 a month to play a game he already paid for
Yes, because matchmaking is shit and anyone in global knows you get plenty of closets now in prime.
>>
>>382786872
I have played several hundred hours of ranked CS:GO and I have never played with or against any cheaters.
And I'm not even in prime matchmaking.
>>
>>382791528
You're not good enough to notice other people cheating
>>
>>382791576
>complain about cheaters
>"lmao you're just so bad anyone remotely good seems like a hacker to you"
>claim there are no hackers
>"lmao you're just too bad to notice cheaters"
really rolls my coconuts
>>
>>382789748
Yeah that's what happened. The teams were equal, then one dude just went crazy. Maybe he had his brother sit in for him. The match ended 15/4 when it started 3/3
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.