[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Only one more week until all the poor assholes who pre ordered

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 8

Only one more week until all the poor assholes who pre ordered this discover the reason why no one talks about XII
>>
Most of the people already know how the game is. So who cares
>>
>>382785013
People only talk about things on the internet that they hate or have issues with.
>>
I heard it's similar to XBC.
>>
ZJS is the best FF game though, its so much better than vanilla XII
>>
Fond memories for trying to find ways to take down the T-rex at the beginning. Then I remembered the sewer level, party of stuck-up assholes, the dungeons, the story, the mandatory cringe-worthy parts.
>>
>>382786476
Is the story THAT bad?
>>
>>382785013
It's one of the best FFs though.
The amount of content, the overworld atmosphere for each area, the hunts, the side quests, actually interesting plot instead of typical teenage drama. Can't wait to replay it
>>
>>382786582
Not him.
FFXII isn't bad IMO, just unconventional when compared to other FF titles.
It's not really a "save the world" kind of deal and is more about warring nations and hand;ing the aftermath of a war.
The MC isn't that relevant to the story and is really just an analogue for the player.
>>
>>382786582
Nah it's just that it was too political and/or complicated for most players and so they either didn't understand or didn't like it
>>
It's literally my favorite final fantasy.
>>
>>382786693
this
>>
>>382785013
I enjoyed it for what it was, played it several times on PS2 and Emulated. Can't wait for an excuse to replay it again.
>>
Story sucks but the side content is pretty solid, if I didn't beat it again a year or two back I would get it
>>
>>382785013
>the reason why no one talks about XII

we talk about it more than XV. it's easily one of the best if not the best FF.

>>382786582
>Is the story THAT bad?

the exact opposite. FF games during the PS1 era changed into very anime-esque stories. I would even say that XV is a more typical/ return to form story compared to VII, VIII, IX, X, XIII.
>>
>interesting story

There are some delusional faggots in here. Can someone even mention just 1 memorable scene or moment or whatever from this game? Do you even remember who is or were the antagonists in this game?

The story and characters in this game are so dull and boring that I asure that everyone that played this game don't even remember anybody else beside the main characters.
>>
>>382789664
>the exact opposite. FF games during the PS1 era changed into very anime-esque stories. I would even say that XV is a more typical/ return to form story compared to VII, VIII, IX, X, XIII.
stop, anon

that's not funny
>>
>>382789664
>FF games during the PS1 era changed into very anime-esque stories

look at this bullshit. It's like this faggot never played FF4, 5 or 6 and is just talking out of his ass to justify his retarded point. Not to mention that before FF4 these games didn't even have story. It was just some generic characters with a mission to save the world, the end.
>>
>>382790196
>There are some delusional faggots in here
>let's pretend it's 2006

It's not 2006. 99% of the original negative reception of the game was a knee jerk reaction to the new direction. XII is easily of the best rpgs to come out of japan and one of the best rpgs ever made.
>>
>>382786582
It's badly paced and the characters you play as are barely involved in it outside of Ashe who is the only one with stakes in it. I still love the game though. It just feels like there's two different things going on at the same time that are disconnected.
>>
>>382790687
>look at this bullshit. It's like this faggot never played FF4, 5 or 6 and is just talking out of his ass to justify his retarded point.

I don't think I'm saying anything controversial. I'm not using "anime-esque" in a negative light either. I'm just saying those (ps1) games were too much focused on personal drama instead of kingdoms fighting.
>>
>>382790376
Just because it's complicated doesn't mean it's bad. Occuria, Emperor, Cid, 3/5ths of the Judges; can you really tell me all the twisty turny machinations aren't incredible compared to the one or two Cartoony supervillains from every other FF? Or the fact that the player character is mostly an observer to the rise to hero the 4 other party members attain? FFXII is not for people who just want a cut-and-paste narrative arc of every FF before it. It does something new and bold.
>>
>>382786582
Outside of Ashe none of the other characters are particularly important, although I liked Balthier.
>>
The judges and fran were the only good things about this game
>>
>>382791014
>can you really tell me all the twisty turny machinations aren't incredible
Name some incredible moments from XII, please.
>>
>>382786732

I didn't like FF12's plot for the same reason I don't like FFT's plot.

It tries to be both political and the usual Final Fantasy magical entities ending the world bullshit at the same time.

FF12 would have worked better as just a power struggle between a princess and her supporters and an invading empire.

FF15 has the same fucking problem too.
>>
>>382791151
Fran is shit and Penelo and Ashe both had the better butts.
>>
File: IMG_2644.jpg (23KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2644.jpg
23KB, 200x200px
>game is so fucking autistic with grinding that ulillillia made a powerleveling guide for if
>>
>>382785013
I had it preordered back when it was supposed to come out in February. Cancelled and just emulated it, and it probably looked better than this remaster
>>
>>382786582
It's just so painfully boring.
>>
>>382785013
t. toriyama
>>
>>382791258
>It tries to be both political and the usual Final Fantasy magical entities ending the world bullshit at the same time.

in other words you want an anime /personal drama approach. when you have kingdoms and empires fighting, things will inherently get political.
>>
>>382785013

Loved all the art and character design for the most part, the gameplay is decent, what killed it for me was the snooze fest story and no mini games. This was the beginning of the end for Final Fantasy.
>>
>ZJS
Into the trash. It adds nothing but restrictions and doesn't actually introduce anything new.
>b-but overpowered characters with every license
Then place restrictions on how you build your characters and make interesting classes of your own.
>>
>>382790718
this guy gets it
>>
>>382791632

almost forgot, the lack of epic cutscenes. Seems like every cutscene in the game is ships flying, docking, undocking.
>>
>>382791606

Read the entire post you dumb fuck.
>>
>>382785013
They didn't really fix any of the graphics. Its basically a ps2 port
I learned my lesson after the shitty x/x2 release
>>
File: 1457612384217.png (249KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1457612384217.png
249KB, 700x700px
>>382791632
>snooze fest story
>too complicated for me

>>382791632
>no mini games
>no cancer

look at this fag and look at him well guys. this is the last of a sad breed of old fags who never stopped crying about the angsty anime era of Final Fantasy.
>>
>>382791937
It's already one of the prettiest PS2 games and scales really nicely to HD.
>>
>>382786710
>>382786732
My problem is that it didn't stay political till the end, they just had to go "And these gods are at fault, we have to be free of them!" with Vayne. At least i think it went that way, haven't played it in a long time desu.
>>
>>382791891
>Read the entire post you dumb fuck.

I did you dumb shit.

> just a power struggle between a princess and her supporters and an invading empire.

is exactly why i commended "anime /personal drama approach."
>>
>12 has some of the best field/town music in the series
>battle music is almost entirely forgettable except for Esper Battle
Really gets the noggin joggin'
>>
>>382790867
>Balthier's father is building doomsday weapons for the empire.
>Basch is betrayed by his own brother, fails his king and country
>Vaan and Penelo orphaned by war.

Feel free to stop talking out your ass at anytime, shitlord.
>>
If I didn't like mainline FF, but like FFT and Vagrant Story, will this be good? I read it's set in the same world.
>>
>>382791258
I don't really agree that mixing both makes it bad, in this game it's actually interesting, albeit not especially original, but it works, on one side ashe seeks magic power because it's a ressource that can make the political/power balance to go her way and take her kingdom back. But at the same time you have vayne who seeks the same power to completely crush any opposition from the outside of his empire and rule over the world, while organising a coup d'etat inside in his own empire to take the lead from his father and kill him. So yeah to me the magic does fit in pretty well, think of it as mostly nuclear weapons and/or oil/energy ressource in the real world they are mean by which you can win political/military influence and power
>>
FFXII is one of my favorite games. The art direction alone, some goofy outfits aside, is just plain gorgeous. Something about the painterly tones and gorgeous texture work. Made the PS2 sing. Really smart programming/design.
>>
>>382792612
Yes, and? They're still barely involved in the story.
>>
>>382792626
You'd probably like Lost Odyssey.
https://youtu.be/YBoOys9YJtc
>>
I will never understand how this series has lived as long as it has when it has a dozen terrible sequels and only 1 good game in the franchise which was 7
>>
>>382785013
The thing with XII is that we don't need to shill about it.
>>
>>382792976
7 is shit too.
>>
>>382790718
Completely agree. I don't get why people hate on the story for it's focus on a political struggle. Even if the characters aren't fleshed out much, it's not like other FF games have much character depth anyway. Plus, you actually had to put a lot more thought into the combat and gambits.

I think people just like to self insert into the protagonists in the other games and enjoy the love interest plots, which isn't a bad thing.
>>
>>382792859
What would you have needed to see in order to feel that they were involved in the story to a degree you find acceptable?
>>
>>382792976
i agree with you and ignore anyone else disagreeing you've made a reasonable statement
>>
>>382792976
> 7
Not even the best in his console.
>>
File: 1474793184791.gif (4MB, 600x444px) Image search: [Google]
1474793184791.gif
4MB, 600x444px
>>382792934
>x360 exclusive
>>
>>382793169
More interactions with any of the other characters or events happening. I feel like with Basch his betrayal story being so simple and solved so early was incredibly disappointing and then he just disappears until the end of the game.
>>
OP is bait.

>>382792976
this is also bait.

>>382793027
>The thing with XII is that we don't need to shill about it.

this is the truth
>>
Ivalice games are the best FF has to offer. OP is either a faggot or Toriyama himself.
>>
>>382793432
I bought a 360 recently almost exclusively for Ninja Gaiden 2 and Lost Odyssey. Totally worth it.
>>
>>382786582
the story is

Star Wars by Nippon
>>
File: 1497122155260.jpg (85KB, 804x802px) Image search: [Google]
1497122155260.jpg
85KB, 804x802px
I'm hyped as fuck but I'm not sure which classes to combo on which character and I feel like I'll fuck my characters up in the long run
>>
>>382792612
That shit has literally nothing to do with how the story progresses though. What you're talking about is just character backstory. Not the main story. Vaan and Penelo are so fucking irrelevant you could take them out completely and the game would be the same. Basch only gets like one good scene and that's the confrontation with his brother towards the end and that's it. Balthier barely talks about his past or his father accept on a couple of occasions and it barely matters in the end because Baltheir is just that kind of guy to begin with. Ashe is the main character. She has the most reasons and obligations to be doing what's she's doing. For she lost her husband and kingdom and wants to protect the people and even then it still feels paper thin because they dish out cutscenes in small lumps over long periods of gameplay. Your characters barely interact with the big bad. He just sits in the background almost entirely in cutscenes until you finally fight him in a very anticlimactic and typical final fantasy end battle.

I love the game but it's so badly written. I don't know how anyone could say it's good.
>>
>>382791258
Like >>382792647 said, FF12 melds the political and magical plots well. FFT starts political, but then Ramza gets railroaded onto the magical storyline, and you watch Delita take the political storyline while hoping that you kill the doomsday villains for him.

Tactics Ogre was political until the very last dungeon, but the magical side justifies a lot of the political events.
>>
>>382793616
>this is what codexfags actually believe
>>
>>382793626
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pRNoNgG65Pk7sGQFlM3-g591q57Qvu46BU2oaV8p7qY/edit?pli=1
>>
File: fran.jpg (142KB, 497x800px) Image search: [Google]
fran.jpg
142KB, 497x800px
I just wish there were more Fran doujins. I only have two in my favorites but they're both superb.
>>
>>382793626
you can choose two jobs per characters now so you can actually have every jobs available at once
>>
>>382793814
I've never understood the autistic fascination with min-maxing. It's completely unnecessary in most games.
>>
>>382791328
Weak lie anon.
>>
Everyone saying that FFXII was just SOO POLITICAL and focused on how war works is a retard faggot. Suikoden is a game that does war right, you make alliances, build an army, recruit friends and convert enemies with your fucking words and acts. FFXII fakes being a political game, but in the end it's a group of faggots saving the world all alone by taking down megazord. Fuck this shit.
>>
File: 1496682917771.jpg (59KB, 640x550px) Image search: [Google]
1496682917771.jpg
59KB, 640x550px
>>382786582
It's not bad, it's just boring
I really liked how the game played but sweet baby Jesus was it dull
>>
>>382793814
thank you, I'll study this. Even if it maybe is unneccesary like >>382794160 claims, I'm a minmaxer at heart so I'll use this information
>>
>>382794362
This remastered version has new arenas and tournaments so in this version there are more incentive than before.
>>
>>382791328
>>382794204
Bait
>>
>>382794204
Anything political is instantly trashed the moment they bring in the Occurians and then it becomes more about magic and doomsday weapons.
>>
>>382794479
>new arenas
>2017 Square Enix
Either an unplayable buggy mess, or merely an unplayable buggy mess that was made for individual DLC.
>>
File: 1393258403697.jpg (269KB, 414x701px) Image search: [Google]
1393258403697.jpg
269KB, 414x701px
>>382786582
It's actually pretty good, it is just different and it might take a while to settle in some realizations about shit, like how Nethicite = Nukes/WMDs, and one could easily see the Occuria as the UN/US dictating who does and does not get to do nuclear development going by that line of thought.

And that is not even getting into the bestiary world building, which is "just" a bonus (unlike XIII where it was basically necessary to read).

Honestly the biggest "flaw" is that since the game wants you to do SIDEQUESTS you can go tens of hours (possibly more) between PLOT cutscenes which means you can easily lose track of some of the nuances and how it is paced.
>>
>>382793763
I personally feel a lot of FFTs magical bullshit is ALSO political. Yes there is an ancient evil awakening, but the people doing it are people with real social power who are using it as a means to an end, and often only turn into scary monsters when you corner them and they get desperate. In fact the zodiac stones usually only talk to the key players in the story and offer them power when they're near death.

While Altima is trying to come back to life, much of the plot regarding it revolves around the church trying to sneak in during the power vacuum and secure their seat while the two brothers have a military pissing contest in the foreground. Even when you BEAT the big bad, the church still more or less comes out on top until the Durai papers are unsealed long after the end of the game. However while Delita plays the politics game Ramza runs around in the background solving his problems and confronting the major players doing whatever they can to grab the throne.

I don't think the story would be TOO much different if it was just the church / one of the dukes trying to assemble an ancient nuclear-esque weapon to establish control of the kingdom
>>
>>382795056
They are like waves of enemies and bosses, that's a difficult thing to fuck it up.
>>
>>382795326
KH2.5 was buggy despite adding no new content, so I'm a bit worried.
Thread posts: 82
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.