[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Overwatch releases with no other content than multiplayer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: 2240720-seth.png (93KB, 379x337px) Image search: [Google]
2240720-seth.png
93KB, 379x337px
>"WOW GREAT GAME 10/10"
>Fighting game releases with no other content than multiplayer
>"BOOHOO WHERE'S MY ADVENTURE AND RACING MODE? NOT WORTH THE MONEY"

Fuck casual shitters.
>>
Reminder that MvC:I is launching with a tiny roster, poor gameplay and shitty visuals because they spent their time pouring money into animating and voicing a 2 hour story mode.
>>
>>382784829
Find one example of this in a respectable environment and I'll believe your shitty hyperbole.
>>
>>382784829
The "no content" meme for fighting games is the dumbest, casualest, nu-/v/-est shit I've ever heard
>>
>>382785086
Pretty obvious he's talking about SFV.
>>
>>382784829

SFV is actually dog shit though, and Infinite will follow.
>>
>>382785178
I agree, I'm not defending SFV for what it is but saying it's shit because of no content is just a casual shitter argument. If it had story, the game would've probably be worse than it already is.
>>
>>382785358

I agree on OW too for sure, I play a couple of games every few days but it doesn't hold my interest. Like all Blizzard games it expects you to play it and only it.
>>
>>382785086
People complained about lacklustre single player in fucking Revelator and T7.
>>
Overwatch was $40
>>
FPS is easier to play than fighting games and people prefer the former than the latter

something about how people can't blame others when they lose because fighting games are 1v1
>>
File: 1497930770702.jpg (23KB, 181x280px) Image search: [Google]
1497930770702.jpg
23KB, 181x280px
Shooters are a genre that the general gaming masses understand better and thus are more willing to only play online. Fighting games aren't necessarily more difficult on a basic level, but people sometimes just don't get it, and because they're niche they expect something to keep their attention if they don't want to just fight online in this game they don't really get how to play.

Also, OW is a team game and Fighting games are 1v1. 1v1 online turns off a lot of those same people for whatever reason; could be because working with friends is their goal or because it's more difficult to blame others for failure.

That said, SFV is pretty bad and despite not needing a story it still felt like it was launching with too little. MvC Infinite is trying to remedy the problem in the cheapest and lowest-effort way possible. NRS games and Tekken 7 have set a bar for Fighting Game single player, and if you're not going to at least match it, don't bother and just do Arcade with character endings.
>>
Amazing rhetoric from OP, once again, 10/10.

>reads every other post
AWW BOOBOO WHERE GOOD THREAD
>>
>>382785086
T7 and KoF

MK9 is the worst thing to ever happen to fighting games because of that fucking story mode.
>>
>>382784829

>6v6 compared to 1v1
>Large 3 dimensional maps compared to a straight line maybe a screen and a half long
>Unscripted gameplay with an unlimited amount of strategies and moves compared to strict movesets and rock paper scissors gameplay

Fighting games are easily the most shallow experiences in gaming, I honestly can't believe they are still around and/or haven't evolved. RTS games had to evolve into MOBAs to survive, eventually fighting games will have to change.
>>
File: 1499105053420.png (406KB, 1170x666px) Image search: [Google]
1499105053420.png
406KB, 1170x666px
>>382784829
At first I was fine with this.
Because it's a multiplayer game and the story is told through free online comics and such.
Nobody asks where's TF2's story mode.

But it was lacking content, the game was only 6v6 fights for the longest time. But they promised content in the future and they delivered, even though I'm kind of bored of the entire game at this point due to how shallow it is.

>Fighting game releases with no other content than multiplayer
Fighting games AREN'T just a multiplayer experience. They've always had their Arcade mode and some people are absolutely in love with some of these characters and want to know more about them and their story.

Basically, it's EXPECTED for what was originally an ARCADE game to have an ARCADE mode and some people buy fighting games solely or mainly for that.

It's not expected for what was revealed to be a MULTIPLAYER FOCUSED, class based FPS in the vein of Team Fortress 2 and Monday Night Combat to have a story mode or anything of the sort.
>>
>>382784829
>one is $40 and has free DLC
>one is $60 and has multiple paid DLC

Gee why do people shit all over the second one OP?
>>
>>382784829

>huge marketing budget and lots of fanboys
>"wow great game 10/10"
>mediocre marketing budget
>real people can be heard on top of the shills

really makes you think
>>
>>382786416
>1v1 online turns off a lot of those same people for whatever reason; could be because working with friends is their goal or because it's more difficult to blame others for failure.

Exactly why I label those people as shitters. Shitters don't want to accept that they are at fault then they lose a match so instead of learning their losses, they complain about the games not having subgenres to distract them from the actual game.

>>382788397
>Fighting games are easily the most shallow experiences in gaming

Many fighting games has had what you claimed what is "evolving" and yet almost none of them are acclaimed. Dragon Ball and Naruto Storm games have 3D movement and space and yet, they are not seen as good fighting games because their system is shallow, unbalanced and/or badly designed. 3D doesn't make a fighting game more deep, you fucking shitter. You sound like those normalfags who thinks a game's immediately better if it's 3D. Fuck outta here.
>>
>>382784829
>Pay $60 for Overwatch
>an amazing game filled with epic heroes, content and amazing well-designed maps that are epic fun to play

Leave now, Overwatch is LITERALLY game of the year and you can't do anything about it, who cares that there's barely any content when all of it is so amazingly well-crafted, not to mention all the badass skins they add. Overwatch is /v/-approved, now bend knee or face the consequences.
>>
File: 1496980043034.gif (245KB, 583x583px) Image search: [Google]
1496980043034.gif
245KB, 583x583px
>>382784993
yeah thats totally the reason and not the fact that capcom is basically the ubisoft of japan.
>>
>>382784829
Nobody plays FPS games for single player whereas everyone plays fighting games for Single player you idiot
>>
>>382792282
>whereas everyone plays fighting games for Single player

Only shitters that can't into fighting games do.
>>
>>382784829

Team based games are less frustrating for casuals because they can blame their losses on the team, so they never get into the point of dropping the game.
>>
>>382784993
I bet SFV being garbage too is not a coincidence at all.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.