[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on the post-Naughty Dog Crash games? A lot of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: Crash Tag Team Racing.jpg (510KB, 1514x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Crash Tag Team Racing.jpg
510KB, 1514x1000px
Thoughts on the post-Naughty Dog Crash games?

A lot of them are pretty good
>>
>>382782709
Crash Bash a good, Twinsanity decent, the rest are Crash trash.
>>
Twinsanity: Gets boring quickly but neat ost

Tag Team: Garbage

Titans/MoM: Trying to forget

Crash Bash: P boring mini games (pogo stick and the polar bear one was a-okay)

Wrath Of Cortex: Just trash in general
>>
Twinsanity is great
Tag Team Racing is near perfect (it's multiplayer anyway)
Wrath of cortex is flawed but serviceable

Anything else can get out of my face
>>
>>382782709
I remember liking this game as a kid but it was way too easy.

Crash Bash was okay, depending on who you played with.
>>
I loved the humor and voice acting in those games (especially tag team racing). Their characterization of old characters and their new characters where always pretty appealing. The soundtracks to twinsanity and tag team racing are also great.
gameplay is pretty shit tho
>>
File: 1498149383081.jpg (23KB, 611x425px) Image search: [Google]
1498149383081.jpg
23KB, 611x425px
Can we talk about post Crash Naughty Dog instead? I think they have made some good games since then. Jak was a good trilogy, despite taking an odd turn in the second game it still remained very much a platformer. Uncharted was a good proof of concept, 2 was fantastic, 3 not so much. I also really enjoyed The Last of Us.

That being said, TLoU's success may have been the worst thing that could have happened to ND. Sure, Uncharted was more grounded than their previous games but they still kept it pretty goofy in fun, especially when considering the arcade like controls and multiplayer. After TLoU came out ND seems like they only want to make tear jerking, GoTY nominated "masterpieces". Uncharted 4 even felt toned down with less fun setpieces and more walking around for exposition. I'm afraid for the future of the company.
>>
>>382786826
None of the post-Crash ND games was successful as Crash. You can put the sales of Jak, Uncharted and TLoU together and you'll still get a lower number than what Crash sold.
>>
All of them were fun.
>>
>>382787424
Really? I didn't realize Crash was so huge (and that their newer games are so small in comparison). I wonder what things would be like now if they never lost the rights.
>>
>>382782709
Bash, Huge Adventure and N. Tranced are good. Twinsanity and Nitro Kart are decent. Wwath of Cortex and Tag Team Racing are meh and the rest is trash.
>>
TWoC is actually a solid platformer, though flawed.
>>
>>382782709
i thought wrath of cortex was fun
>>
>>382782709
The GBA games were great but kind of rehashes
Wrath of Cortex was okay but also rehash
Nitro Kart was okay but had janky controls
Twinsanity was good but incomplete
CTTR was unbalanced racing and kind of shoddy as a platformer
Titans and MoM were eh.
>>
>>382787751
Crash's success was a huge deal because it was unfathomably that an American-made game could sell gangbusters in Japan the way he did on the PS1.
>>
>>382787751
>>382786826
They left Crash in the dumpster after their contract with Universal ended. Jason Rubin said they created N. Oxide believing he'd kill the franchise for "jumping the shark"
>>
>>382791646
>unfathomably
*unfathomable, dammit
>>
>>382791762
I thought it was beyond their control? Logically speaking, I guess I can't really see why Universal wouldn't want them to put out any more Crash games after making hits so I guess ND just felt too good for their own IP.

How well did Jak do in Japan?
>>
File: Cresh.jpg (223KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
Cresh.jpg
223KB, 720x720px
> Wrath of Cortex

Okay attempt at following up Warped, but doesn't surpass it in any way. Weird choice of music genre, bad character models/animations, horrible loading times.

> Crash Twinsanity

Gameplay is good, and the open levels are interesting and welcome, but the forced humor, personality changes for Crash and Cortex, the music, the new disposable characters, essentially the whole presentation is trash.

> Crash of the Titans

Very weird using Crash Bandicoot for this game. It could be anything else, and virtually nobody would draw comparisons to Crash. Alienating gameplay and presentation, offensive character redesigns, forgettable art direction and music, literally PS2 graphics. However, bonus points for being quite challenging on hardest difficulty. It's also the cringiest in the series, constantly trying to replicate Crash Twinsanity's already dumb type of humor that doesn't belong in Crash.

> Mind Over Mutant

More of the same, but more polished, at the expense of being so easy it plays like a walkthrough. Character designs are slightly better, but Crash remains essentially the same. Cartoon cutscenes are only a novelty, and have no original style, or good writing. Still trying to be funny, and while it might be the best attempt at it, that's hardly an achievement. Most anti-climatic ending of all the games.
>>
>>382793231
Twinsanity was pretty humorous. The guy who wrote it has worked on some good stuff.
>>
Twinsanity, CTTR, and Mind Over Mutant are the funniest in the series.
>>
>>382786826
>Jak was a good trilogy
Opinion disregarded.
>>
>>382793828
It was. In retrospect, Ratchet was probably better, but Jak was good. You cannot change my mind
>>
>>382793603
>Twinsanity was pretty humorous.
I'm sorry for your shit taste.
>>
>>382793603

Twinsanity completely raped Crash with its writing.

Just take Crash himself, for example. The remake portrays Crash properly - a slightly crazy but still relatively intelligent animal - while Crash Twinsanity portrays Crash as a retarded human instead.

It's not funny, it's not appealing, it's not faithful, it's just trash.
>>
>>382793231
>Wrath of Cortex
I feel like this is a prime example of "more is not always better".
It was literally just Warped with more stuff. Longer levels, more boxes, more vehicle stuff, etc. And yet it was so mediocre in comparison
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sbUdMNIG20

thoughts on this?

especially now with the remaster out
>>
>>382794937
>made by the guy who did the sonic redesign video
hesitant to watch it, is it any good?
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.