[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've been on a bit of an Alien hype recently, finished watching

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: 1396108606-alien-isolation.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1396108606-alien-isolation.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
I've been on a bit of an Alien hype recently, finished watching all the movies, including AVP and AVP:R. Thought it was time to play an Alien game. I've played the AVP games, Colonial Marines looks like utter shit, but hows this? Is it recommended?
>>
>>382781893
GOTY 2014. IGN getting shitter shattered by it being relatively difficult was the icing on the cake.
>>
It's really good but it will ruin the alien franchise for you.
>>
It's pretty good. Anon was correct in that IGN Was being retarded.
>>
>>382781893
If you play on pc make sure to get the unpredictable alien mod and definitely play it on hard. Just be warned this game does tend to drag out the ending, so to speak.
>>
>>382781893
it's the best alien game made. any fan of the movies will appreciate the attention the devs payed to crafting the environments to have the same style and feel as the movies.
>>
Play the Alien Vs predator for CPS2
You won't regret it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlCXNmv9cKE
>>
File: 214490_20170104214134_1.png (3MB, 3440x1440px) Image search: [Google]
214490_20170104214134_1.png
3MB, 3440x1440px
I loved it. The ending dragged an hour or so too long but I felt it handled just about everything else wonderfully.

I played on hard and the alien fucking terrified me with how unpredictable it was at times. I couldn't just cheese it like a lot of other games AI
>>
>>382784526
>any fan of the movies will appreciate the attention the devs payed to crafting the environments to have the same style and feel as the movies

This is really overstated about the game. Some parts of the game, e.g. a handful of decor pieces, audio clips, the mainframe, etc., are literally copy and pasted from the film. Apart from Sevastopol's exterior model the rest is filled in with generic sci-fi stuff that in no way invokes the style of the film.

Personally, I got tired of seeing the same handful of pieces of Nostromo's interior dotted all over the place. I think the worst example is the explosive bolts on the docking clamp using the exact same long-winded and utterly ridiculous "Do you really want to do this?" crap that the Nostromo has for it's self destruct. It's just an emergency release system, not a self destruct. It's conceivable that you DO want to make self destructing a ship a pain in ass to do and almost impossible to do by accident but not the emergency release.
>>
>>382785687
Not the same anon.
You're wrong.

The world felt alive, you actually feel like you're in the movies. They nailed the atmosphere, the ambience and the decor to a 'T'.

I honestly doubt there was any way they could have made it better given the simple assets available to them from the original film. They used those items, expanded on it and made a really fucking good Alien game. They also focused on the A.I for the alien and it worked. It felt real. I don't think any dev team could ave made a better Alien Horror Game.

Prove Me Wrong.
>>
>>382786383
>They also focused on the A.I for the alien and it worked. It felt real.

You almost had me but you gave it away.
>>
>>382783237
What? How?
>>
>>382781893
Get it. You wont be disappointed.
>>
I think the one for Ps1 was also good.
>>
>>382787907
There were two Alien games for the PSX, Alien Trilogy and Alien Resurrection. Both of them had their strengths and weaknesses. Which of them you are referring to?
>>
ITT: Nobody read what op wrote.
Don't fucking buy Colonial marines, get the Alien isolation and the 2010 avp game
>>
File: 1496008111560.jpg (215KB, 593x900px) Image search: [Google]
1496008111560.jpg
215KB, 593x900px
Avp2 > arcade games > retro consoles > rts > avp classic 2000 > concrete jungle > predator retro console > throw it in the trash
>>
after a while it becomes incredibly tedious. Rinse and repeat game play with overly long interaction animations and backtracking.
>>
>>382788795
Resurrection
>>
>>382788912
>Nobody read what OP wrote
Literally the first three replies talk about the game he asked.
>>
>>382789504
This. It's really not worth getting. If it were half the length, maybe I'd recommend it. But it just becomes a slog later on.
>>
>>382781893
AvP predator isn't canon if you were wondering.
Also if you saw Covenant and you were confsued
Whites = Neomorphs
The one they were fighting while trying to escape = Protomorph
Last one on the Covenant itself = Xenomorph

The amount of backlash Covenant received because people think they know jackshit about the Alien universe astounded me.
>>
File: goof cheet.png (82KB, 300x287px) Image search: [Google]
goof cheet.png
82KB, 300x287px
>>382786383
>They also focused on the A.I for the alien and it worked. It felt real.
>>
>>382781893
Yeah I really liked Alien Isolation. Just don't bother hiding from the Alien in lockers and boxes since it changes the Alien's AI to hunt for you in a small radius near your hiding spot. Hiding under tables is better. Once you practice, it's possible to go through small nerve wracking sections without the Alien spawning at all.
>>
>>382790251
Yeah I knew all this, thanks though
>>
>>382789884
woah 3 out of 25 replies
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nt1XmiDwxhY

Talks about the AI for the Alien in Isolation. Pretty interesting watch if you got 14 minutes.
>>
>>382790532
>Woah /v/ stayed on topic for once
>WHY ARE YOU FAGGOTS SUCH A SHIT?
Fuck off.
>>
>>382781893
I liked AvP and AvP2 better (being a muhreen is more fun than being ripley) but Isolation is good fun you should check it out
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.