[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

nu-Wolfenstein vs nu-Ninja Warrior? Pro's and Con's?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: wolf-logo.jpg (678KB, 1360x832px) Image search: [Google]
wolf-logo.jpg
678KB, 1360x832px
nu-Wolfenstein vs nu-Ninja Warrior?
Pro's and Con's?
Which should I buy from the sale?
>>
Also, how do the two compare to nu-Doom?
>>
anyone?
>>
>>382775746
>buy

haha, fucking retard.
>>
>>382775746
D44M>Wolfenstein>>>>>Shadow Warrior
>>
>>382775746
The first nuShadowWarrior is okay, nuShadowWarrior 2 fucking sucks. Both nuWolfensteins are p good.
>>
>>382777343
I kinda enjoyed the first Shadow Warrior?
What's wrong with it?
or What's so much better about doom and wolf?
>>
Doom>SW2>SW1>Wolf
>>
>>382775746
Wolfen has most story and has a mix of stealth and action, nuDoom has minimal story, big levels, good action once you get beyond the first level or so, Shadow Warrior is alright but I enjoyed it the least of the 3.
>>
Doom>Wolf>SW2>SW1
>>
SW2013>SW2>>>>>TNO>Doom2016
>>
>>382778067
Why do you think wolf is the worst?
>>
>>382778967
>doom is last
What?
>>
>>382779060
It's design and balance is a fucking mess, maybe it looked good on paper but in practice it doesn't work
>>
>>382779224
The balance is a mess. Also it gets easier the further you get, Persona 4 style.
It stays pretty engaging though.
>>
>>382777985
SW1's issues:
>inaccurate as fuck weapons requiring ADS which completely ruins the point of a fast-paced shooter
>obscure karma mechanics that don't seem to have any rhyme or reason
>pace-killing looting of shelves and boxes that feels like it takes up a quarter of the playtime
>cross-marketing up the ass, even for things that don't make any sense like The Walking Dead or Saints Row 4
>almost embarrasingly unfunny writing with humor on a level that makes even a 7yo yawn

SW2's issues:
>has the overall aura of an Early Access game
>somehow has dozens upon dozens of weapons and enemies and yet feels like it's extremely lacking in content
>story feels like you skipped a game and the way it's told is retarded (most of it and the lore is found in logs that are random drops)
>godawful level randomizer that has low variety and somehow prioritizes certain level-pieces while others barely appear, giving you tons of déjà-vu moments
>along with certain other in-game mechanics like the leveling system which only gives you ability points this makes you feel like you played for hours and didn't make any progress
>the free DLC additions are piss-poor with the trials of wang being some of the worst designed levels you could think of and the bounty hunter missions just a variation of the shit you already did the whole time
>Zilla City felt like as if the game initially started out as a Hard:Reset sequel
>the most unappealing menu you could imagine
>>
>>382780075
So, I guess if I enjoyed the first SW, I should go and grab wolf and doom, and stay the fuck away from sw2?
>>
>>382780305
Pretty much.
The only things it greatly improved is the shooting and movement but the latter also feels akward since they dropped the stamina so you can dash and also double jump from the get go.
They don't explain WHY Wang suddenly has those powers (in fact, nearly nothing in the story and lore is about him, really) and that shit is so powerful and abusable that it's like playing some New Game+ in a Metroidvania where all your powers are already unlocked from the start.
This also makes the levels nothing more than backdrops for the combat since you're zipping around inside of them like an idiot and there's nothing really in them that stops you like locked doors or even invisible walls.
Yeah, it's pretty much the only FPS game in recent times where I think it would benefit from invisible walls or even better (actual) level design since it's simply insane how easily it is to get out of the level boundaries.
>>
>>382781048
Oh, and I hope you didn't like the characters from the first game.
Mezu is now a rapist mobster, Gozu an incompetent retard, Ameonna a sex-crazed bitch, Xing a flying television anchorman who creates sextapes of his sister and Hoji only gets mentioned once by name in an item description
>>
>>382780075
never had a problem with sw2013's weapons but it's obvious they want you to use the katana which works flawlessly, the only other real problem is the balance some enemies are just sponges and there is no way around it, it also drags in the middle but also has some really nice levels too.
SW2 has more problems but it mostly comes down to hitboxes (it seems really hard to dodge things) and enemy balance ( smalle enemies should not have a huge health pool) but when SW2 works it's great fun
>>
>>382781478
What the hell.
One of the best things about SW1 was the pleasant surprise of the characters and the story.
>>
>>382776345
>>382775746
Shadow Warrior is pretty good. It's a rare game where they made MC being a pop-culture obsessed nerd that's still a cool badass work, and the swordplay is satisfying. Stay away from 2.

Doom 4 is very solid and thankfully keeps the inane keycard hunts to a minimum.

Wolfenstein is more deliberative than the other two which trend more for trying to recreate the feel of an older FPS. That's not to say when the bullets start flying it's slow like say, COD or Uncharted, no. The game encourages a lot of movement with how often Nazis will try to flank you or have weaponry powerful enough to tear your cover to pieces or just shoot straight through it. There's also some rudimentary stealth if you like, but just straight up blasting through everything is perfectly viable. I'd say it's probably the most consistent package of the three "revivals"
>>
>>382782008
Well, and now you got little miss bitch bitch bitch, nag nag nag voiced by the Saints Row nerd chick in your head instead of based Hoji.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.