[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why the fuck did people hate on this game? >took the series

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

Why the fuck did people hate on this game?

>took the series back to its roots with more focused, linear environments
>one of the most impressive environment destruction engines in any action game ever made
>nanoforge literally lets you both destroy and repair any object or structure in the environment
>one of the best weapon arsenals in any game ever made
>fantastic weapon changing and progression system
>great graphics, great voice acting, cheesy but loveable story
>100% perfect third person shooting controls that put games like Gears and Vanquish to complete fucking shame
>huge wealth of content, from the 10+ hour story mode to the horde-like "Infestation" mode, ruin mode, and dozens of unlockable cheats and features

The only honest criticisms I can make of this game are that it takes place mostly underground and there isn't enough enemy variety. Outside of that, it does everything that the "best" third person shooters do, but better. My guess is, normie GTA faggots who were obsessed with Guerilla were upset that it was no longer open world and boycotted it. I can't think of any other reason to dislike this awesome game.
>>
>>382771335
>My guess is, normie GTA faggots who were obsessed with Guerilla were upset that it was no longer open world and boycotted it. I can't think of any other reason to dislike this awesome game.
/thread
>>
>>382771335
it just wasn't good
>>
>>382771450
Okay, why is that? I bet you didn't even play it.
>>
>>382771335
hate is too strong of a word
>>
>>382771724
Maybe so, but the reaction wasn't exactly stellar. I mean, people bought it, but it failed badly enough in sales to pretty much fuck the series into the dirt. I've just never understood how people can get hyped over games like Gears or Vanquish and not a game like this, which leads me to believe that if more people actually played it, they'd realize it's insanely good.
>>
>Red Faction
>Cover art is blue

That's a tell tale sign right there. Should have stuck with first person corridor shooter.
>>
>>382772008
>That's a tell tale sign right there. Should have stuck with first person corridor shooter.
Guerilla had a red cover art and that was about as far removed from a traditional RF game as you could get, destruction aside. Not accounting for the third person view, RFA is the RF3 that never was in almost every way, and it's better too.
>>
>>382771487
nah i played it
wasn't as fun as guerilla despite the better physics and graphics
story was also worse and it felt like there wasn't as much shit to break
>>
>>382772156
>story was also worse and it felt like there wasn't as much shit to break
>can literally destroy anything other than the walls containing the level itself
Yeah, you didn't play it, or at least not for very long.
>>
>>382772241
that's your opinion
>>
Because it was a shit game you fucking idiot, everything you said was either factually untrue or biased opinions that you formed because it was your first fucking third person shooter or something.
Shit like "100% perfect third person shooting controls that put games like Gears and Vanquish to complete fucking shame".
You've obviously played neither or are baiting.
>>
>>382771335
I didn't mind it, I'd actually say it's about the same as Guerrilla.
The empty open world really brought Guerrilla down, while the aliens were ass and way too common for my liking in Armageddon.

>took the series back to its roots with more focused, linear environments
>one of the most impressive environment destruction engines in any action game ever made
>nanoforge literally lets you both destroy and repair any object or structure in the environment
Sure

>one of the best weapon arsenals in any game ever made
I wouldn't go that far

>fantastic weapon changing and progression system
There were weapon upgrades? Honestly can't remember. Maybe something like carry more ammo

>great graphics, great voice acting, cheesy but loveable story
No, not really

>100% perfect third person shooting controls that put games like Gears and Vanquish to complete fucking shame
Okay now you're just shitposting
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.