[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Play new hyped up MMO >Think is gonna be different this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 143
Thread images: 14

File: disappointment.jpg (10KB, 520x345px) Image search: [Google]
disappointment.jpg
10KB, 520x345px
>Play new hyped up MMO
>Think is gonna be different this time
>"Kill X in Y area" or "Loot Z things by killing X guys in Y area" over and over and over and over again with mediocre writing and literally who tier characters on top of it
>Unless it tries to introduce something new or add a spin to the formula, combat is so-so at best too.

Is there even any good MMO out there anymore? And no, FFXIV or WoW aren't good.
>>
I'm just waiting for Crowfall.
>>
>>382766576
>Playing a meme genre
>>
It was Black Desert Online, wasn't it?
>>
>>382766576
Play Secret World.
>>
>>382766576
>And no, FFXIV or WoW aren't good.
XIV combat is pretty damn fun to me. The dungeon designs are utterly boring, except for the visuals, but the boss encounters are usually quite fun.

Story is also decent with some characters actually being memorable, likeable or utterly villainous. At times all three at once.

If at this point you don't know what you're getting into when you're starting a new mmo you need to off yourself.
>>
ESO is pretty much the only good mmo

all quests are immersive, voice acted, and story driven.
you get fetch quests and kill quests but it makes sense in the narrative and leads to a conclusion with choices and dialog

just launched a new expansion and you can get the base game thats like 900 hours of content for like 8-15 bucks
>>
>>382769641
ffxiv expansion was nothing butjavascript:quote('382769852'); those kinds of quests
the fuck you talking about

also forgot to mention ESO is only if you like elder scrolls games, youll hate it otherwise
>>
>>382768563
Literally all it has is decent cutscenes and they fucked some combat with their relaunch
>>
>>382766576
The biggest issue is the combat. Combat is what I'll be doing for the majority of the time, so why the fuck do they think tab targeting shit is acceptable?

I'm not playing any fucking MMO until the combat is comparable to its non-MMO counterparts (e.g. third person melee comparable to at least NierA).
>>
>>382769852
get the fuck outta here with that cash shop shit.
>rng loot gambling crates
>in game housing, for show. nothing else.
>crafting is basically locked behind a sub(storage space)
>on online game in history where triple digit pings are the norm, and considered good
>new expansion, no free char slot
>>
>>382769901
>ffxiv expansion was nothing butjavascript:quote
I never said it wasn't, but that doesn't change that FF14 story is still decent despite the ridiculous amounts of fetch quest with some awesome characters to boot. This holds true even if the quest design is shit.
>>
>>382770579
>why the fuck do they think tab targeting shit is acceptable?
It's a different style of gameplay. I enjoy both Devil May Cry and FF14 for its gameplay/combat, but you can't go into one expecting the other.
>>
>>382771979

When the fuck is FFXIV's storyline anything but below average tier garbage? It's literally FFXI's plot with less politics, less depth, more moeblobs and a cast of entirely inconsecuential, flat morons that get the credit for everything that happens off-screen, and the more the game tries to push "tweests", the more you sit there dumbfounded at how mentally challenged your character must be to not see the OBVIOUS GLARING HAPPENINGS that you are never allowed to avoid.
>>
>>382770579
>>382772104
Oh by the way, Asian grinders like Revelation Online actually HAVE combat that's comparable to Nier. Game's fucked for a multitude of different reasons however, but if the combat is your only bar for entry, there you go.

Black Desert might have slightly worse combat, but in return the game is less fucked in general so maybe check that out as well.
>>
>>382772162
>When the fuck is FFXIV's storyline anything but below average tier garbage?
During Heavensward it was. Original Heavensward story was on par with some of the offline FFs.

I'm not saying it's mind blowingly good here, I'm saying it's decent, which to me is average or slightly above.
>>
>>382766576
Can you fuckwits just stop trying to play mmos instead of whining all the time making everything now some shit action combat spam fest with cinematic bullshit everywhere.

Get out get OUT GETOUT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>382770579
tab targetting, gcd limited combat is fine you prick
>>
>>382766576
>playing mmos for muh story

mmos are all about acquisition of gear and becoming more powerful. it has to be time consuming and repetitive, there's no way around it
>>
runescape is the best mmo ever made
>>
>>382772484
this. you need separation between a player who plays for 2 hours a week and someone who's investing 20 hours a week. the gameplay is always going to be grindy
>>
>>382772162
>It's literally FFXI's plot
>less politics
>more moeblobs

literally the opposite of every one of those things is true
>>
>>382773509
wat
>>
>>382772484
>>382773092

or you could just make it skill based combat, that way its not based on grind but PRACTICE.
>>
>Omega's *touches scar* is a chocobo
>>
>>382774785
You really want more shitters in mmos?
>>
File: 1498830805699.jpg (44KB, 444x484px) Image search: [Google]
1498830805699.jpg
44KB, 444x484px
>Consistently do over 3000 DPS as a Bard in Omega
>Not the best I know, but decent
>Everyone else in my parties can't even hit 2000
I'm not even that good what the fuck
>>
>>382775151
>BRD shitter complaining about shitters
pottery

j/k, I feel you man
>>
I'm enjoying FFXIV. It's really chill so far
>>
>>382774680
14's story is absolutely nothing like 11's. At least not any more than every other FF

14 is almost entirely about politics, 11 has a little bit in the base game

11 has a designated waifu in every expansion, 14 has... khloe I guess?
>>
>>382766703
I'm waiting for ashes of creation to fail before I permanently give up on mmos because no mmo will make crafters their own thing and be important. And no, FFXIV crafting is fucking shit and if you want the best exp rates you need to level up a combat class for leves.
>>
>>382775151
Don't make this into a FFXIV thread unless you want the mod to prune it. FFXIV threads aren't allowed on /v/ anymore because you cunts overstayed your welcome and now you've earned the ire of a mod. Three threads have been pruned about ffxiv the past hour.
>>
>>382775713
he'll get bored eventually
>>
>>382766576
>Play new hyped up MMO
>Think is gonna be different this time
Why people do this to themselves? It's like waiting for the next Mario Kart to play like Gran Turismo.
You don't want to play MMOs, just accept it already. There are tons of non-massively online games out there.
>>
>>382766576
FFXIV was a huge dissapointment to me, loved ff11
>>
>>382775151
Goddamn, you weebs are parasites. Stop shitting up threads with your bullshit and go hang out with the other losers at /xivg/. These are not your generals just because there's a slight mention of ff14 in the OP, you sad fuck. No wonder your threads get deleted on /v/
>>
>WoL confirmed weakest FF protag
>>
>>382766576
Star Wars Galaxies is never coming back
>>
I really want to like FFXIV. I just hit level 30 and just finished the part where you pick a grand company.

I feel like I'm still not to the part where the game "picks up" yet. Like I'm still in tutorial mode.

I also hate how sparse and seemingly random voice acting is. Everyone moves their mouths yet no voice comes out. Did SE run out of money for VAs mid production or something?
>>
>>382766576

Hows Black Desert?
>>
>>382775713
>Board always has a thread up about Mario or Zelda constantly
>And even Nier Automata
>But XIV isn't allowed because?
>>
How to make good MMO guide:
-Fun combat system that could stand on its own. Big protip: Revelation Online, Blade and Soul, or similar don't qualify due to being tab target at its core
-Easy to hit equipment caps. Anyone putting effort in should be able to get top of the line gear while leaving minimal room for improvement that would require actual autism of around 10% DPS improvement kind
-Most of player money both in game and real should be spent on various cosmetics and vanity items
-Just don't fucking gender/race lock classes you fucks
-Make sure raids are hard as fuck without many ways to cheese them or get more handicap with equipment. DPS checks and sandbag phases are bad mechanics. Instakill attacks or attack ignoring defense are good mechanics.
>>
File: EErw117[1].jpg (78KB, 901x394px) Image search: [Google]
EErw117[1].jpg
78KB, 901x394px
Eden Eternal have a FF14 class system but free to play and you can play as a mouse person. Literally the only MMO that I play nowadays and literally the only reason why I play it.
>>
>>382776346
Awful
>>
>>382776358
Assholes shilling make mods mad on a site that's having advertising problems.

Who would of thought?
>>
>>382776468
> How to make good MMO guide:
>Fun combat system
Woah we have a professional MMO designer right here.
>>
>>382776486
Eden Eternal is still around? I remember playing beta and release with Hot Glue and causing a lot of salt.
>>
ESO or GW2 are the only non sub MMOs worth it.

If you like wasting lots of time and/or money you can play WoW.

Otherwise your better off playing through old games.
>>
>>382776605
>talking about something
>must be shilling!
>>
>>382776468
Why would you even play an MMO if you don't want to grind gear or do raid content ? Might as well play skyrim
>>
>>382766576
I almost bought BDO before I remembered why I even stayed away from it.
I just want a decent coop game with good character customization, something that isn't an isometric medieval fantasy arpg or subscription based.
>>
>>382776762
He wants to play skyrim with other people.
>>
>>382776762
>Raids are the last point
>Implying people play MMOs to grind
>>
>>382776808
Skyrim with dodge rolling so it's skill based.
>>
>>382776889
What is ESO
>>
>>382769852
Toooooood!!!!!
>>
>>382775513
To be fair, he's completely on point about people getting credit for whatever you do or random shit offscreen. Stormblood was a pretty glaring case of this.

I think FFXIV story is one of the best in MMOs out there (maybe even rivaling WoW), but it falls far short of actual good games.
>>
File: 956435498332.jpg (19KB, 351x351px) Image search: [Google]
956435498332.jpg
19KB, 351x351px
>themepark
>tab targeting
>"holy" trinity

Sure indicators than an MMO will be cancer. If it isn't acceptable in a singleplayer game, it isn't acceptable in any game.
>>
File: Upcoming MMOs.jpg (810KB, 1912x3260px) Image search: [Google]
Upcoming MMOs.jpg
810KB, 1912x3260px
>the two most deserving and most innovative MMOs of the past decade couldn't even keep people subscribed
>the most trite, least progressive, full of weeb attracting cancer succeeded

Why is this happening? Don't we deserve better?
>>
>>382770579
Most MMO's being tab targeting shit is a technology issue
>>
>>382776687
Honestly not sure, been a while since I last touch it. Like Maplestory for a hour once a year, Runescape for a hour or two once a year, Path of Exile whenever there is a new league to do to collect shit for standard that I don't even touch, Warframe whenever I want something mindless and grindy and Eden Eternal whenever I'm in the mood for a standard MMO (which haven't been for a long ass time) is pretty much as deep as I go with MMOs nowadays. Maplestory is literally nothing but endgame content layered on already endgame content and Runescape just isn't social anymore and with the devs charging more because they are doing less retard logic really put me off from supporting it anymore. So as far as I care the MMOs that I grew up with are dead and the newer ones aren't really worth putting time into. PoE is good for it league based gameplay but sadly it also make it time based with long periods of nothing to do and personally FF14 lag horribly for me though that is most likely an issue with my services and not the game itself but it doesn't stop it from being unplayable for me.
>>
>>382776760
>it's not shilling honest
>same title every time, either the image file or the title

This is exactly how paid shilling works, getting the title of the new expansion is a requirement.
>>
File: 1476473337401.jpg (2MB, 1131x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1476473337401.jpg
2MB, 1131x1600px
>everyone's so jealous of Stormblood's success they can't help but hate it in every thread they enter
It's kind of sad tbqhfam.
>>
>>382775849
You underestimate how autistic the mods are when it comes to threads they don't like. They even remove on-topic vidya threads for no reason.
>>382776358
FFXIV has actually been posted/shill/discussed much more frequently than I think anything else on /v/. There's 1 zelda thread comparing it to xenogears and a Nier thread but it's low effort bullshit that should be pruned. I'd say the biggest problem is that FFXIV was rarely posted on /v/ and suddenly it became something that is posted more than anything else which brought shitposters going into other threads shilling or baiting with FFXIV.

Still, Mario and Zelda threads aren't always about a specific game unlike FFXIV threads so it's a bit disingenuous to compare the two and BotW threads aren't really as common as they were before while FFXIV always has a thread about it up. Well, did.
>>
>>382777183
TSW combat was garbage when it first launch. You can blame that.
>>
>>382777183
XIV is successful precisely because it's not needlessly "progressive" or "innovative". It's playerbase are the people who are sick and tired of every new mmo being some half-baked action game with a grind tacked on.
>>
>>382776605
>shilling
it's literally all gameplay discussion in FF14 threads at the moment because the expansion is fresh with plenty of changes, new story developments, new bosses and new classes to discuss

The game "shills" itself, because it's actually a legit good mmorpg and definitely the most played mmo on /v/
>>
File: zlrKxk9hFFXIVCE_1140x400_1140_KR.jpg (281KB, 1140x400px) Image search: [Google]
zlrKxk9hFFXIVCE_1140x400_1140_KR.jpg
281KB, 1140x400px
>>382777582
Stop shilling FFXIV Stormblood. Guys, this is what a FFXIV Stormblood shill looks like. Avoid any FFXIV Stormblood faggot like this at all cost. FFXIV Stormblood is a bad game. FFXIV Stormblood will take your life away and steal your money. FFXIV Stormblood is the jew of the video game world.
>>
>>382777271
>getting the title of the new expansion is a requirement.
Ooooor

maybe

but just maybe

and this is just an idea here, since I'm not sure

people put Stormblood in the title so people who look for the discussion of Stormblood have an easier time finding it?

FF14 has been referred to by it's expansion name ever since Heavensward. It's no surprise people call Final Fantasy 14 - Stormblood just by it's subtitle.
>>
I like Secret World

Whatever faults it had can be excused that they managed to pull of a 2spooky paranormal setting in an MMO. It's bascally VtmB Online
>>
Digimon Masters Online is the pinnacle of MMORPGs. Everything from drops to even the Cash Shop is RNG. That's right, you can spend $500 in the Cash Shop and have a chance at having nothing to show for it. Based Koreans.
>>
>>382777821
vg exists for generals
>>
>>382778246
people ignoring the rules doesn't automatically make it shilling
>>
>>382778246
As you have no doubt been told several times, it is impossible to police /v/ as anon and there are several more franchises and games that have nonstop generals on /v/. You're becoming the barneyfag of MMOs.
>>
>>382776668
And you are a fucking comedian.
>>
>>382778328
It is though, everyone knows it is.
>>
>>382778543
You don't know what shilling is, do you?
>>
>>382778525
You seem new.

If you make enough of an asshole of yourself they ban everyone who posts in the thread, not everyone can evade.
>>
>>382778246
/vg/ is for people too austismo for /soc/, not for talking about games
>>
>>382777949
>It's bascally VtmB Online
I'm a hardcore World of Darkness fan and boy, are you wrong. TSW is a dimestore version of that universe.
>>
>>382770579
>I'm not playing any fucking MMO until the combat is comparable to its non-MMO counterparts (e.g. third person melee comparable to at least NierA).
>>
>>382778698
I'm not new though, and that very rarely happens on this board. It happens on smaller boards all of the time though.
>>
>>382778839
>WoD

So when's that mmo coming?
>>
>>382778543
If you keep on repeating it maybe you'll even convince yourself.
>>
>>382778930
Never ever, I hope. You'd have to pull a post-WoW Ultima Online for it to be not only playable, but also faithful to the source material, and that is simply not going to happen.
>>
>>382778869
It's been used very effectively on /b/ to ban generals, you can keep making the threads but they die because you either have nobody to post in it cause they get 3 days bans or they can't be arsed to ban evade.

The hunger game threads on /b/ were killed like this, and they were as bad as you faggots.

They live on /trash/ now
>>
>>382779096
>/v/ mods killing one the few actual vidya discussion on the board
I expect nothing less of them
>>
File: 4356456456.jpg (58KB, 610x343px) Image search: [Google]
4356456456.jpg
58KB, 610x343px
Just go play Albion Online you fucking faggets
>>
>>382779249
It's not the mods that are against you though, there are lots of posters that hate your guys spam and report the threads to help them.
>>
>>382779351
Shill me on it
>>
>>382779249
Are you arguing /v/ isn't killing vidya discussion?

I'm not following here
>>
>>382779401
its like oldschool runescape but better

big focus on PVP/GVG

non centralized player driven economy

no classes

see you in the other side anon
>>
>>382779470
>EXTREMELY limited number of avaivable actions in combat (like 8?)
>can buy ingame currency directly from the dev
>controls are designed to enable mobile phone play
no thx
>>
>>382766576
If Zenimax werent huge ass jews i would have said TESO.
Locking away bags to store crafting materials behind a VIP membership in a game you have to buy is a shitty move. And you need them. Otherwise you are forced to browse your inventory every 3 minutes to throw away the least valuable items because crafting materials take up like 90% of your capped inventory and capped stash. WHAT THE FUCK!
>>
>>382779595
Now this is the shilling I wanted.
>>
>>382779639
>make storage space a premium / paid feature
>introduce so many items free stash space is too limited
welcome to

>Path of Exile
>Marvel Heroes
>every other f2p game

It's the bread and butter of their payment model and has proven one of the most widely accepted ways to coax money out of players. It's quite horrible really.
>>
>>382779367
I really hope you don't believe that. Because that's hilariously incorrect.
>>
>>382777472
The mod could just ban the shitposters because people are making threads here specifically to avoid shitposters, but that's effort right?
>>
>>382779367
If that even remotely worked, we wouldn't be having FE: Heroes or FGO threads so fucking often.
>>
>>382779786
Now get this same storage premium feature + inconceivable amount of items and apply it under a paid subscription model.

Welcome to FFXIV.
>>
POST THE RAID GEAR MODELS GODDAMIT
>>
>>382780689
Kweh?
>>
>>382780798
Apha is cute!
CUTE!
>>
>>382779351
Is this the Garriot UO clone? He sunk low, if so.
>>
>>382766576
runescape had the best quests of any MMO
rip in piss
>>
I'd probably be playing RIFT still if it was more popular and didn't charge so much for DLC classes.
>>
If the mods keep going like this people won't be able to discuss any mmorpg or any Final Fantasy game on /v/ anymore
>>
>>382780653
You got 40 extra inventory slots tho
>>
File: 1469394728209.gif (2MB, 436x502px) Image search: [Google]
1469394728209.gif
2MB, 436x502px
>>382781093
>>
>make the most beta looking shit imaginable
>call it Alpha
??????
>>
But why is Final Fantasy so ugly? Why is there no lighting?
>>
>>382781332
To be filled within 1 patch.
>>
File: 1373950616576.gif (2MB, 352x324px) Image search: [Google]
1373950616576.gif
2MB, 352x324px
>>382781741
>>
>>382781903
She looks like a FT2 spoof video. As if there's no textures anywhere.
>>
>>382779595

adding on to this:

> graphics are inferior to RuneScape's current graphics
> no quests at all
> items you get for buying a founder's pack can be looted when you die
>>
>>382780921

Every now and then I contemplate resubbing after 5+ years just to do all the new quests.
>>
File: Yoshida Wojak.png (253KB, 779x817px) Image search: [Google]
Yoshida Wojak.png
253KB, 779x817px
>>382781978
S-shut up! We worked hard making our cat girls!
>>
>>382781903

That gif actually proves his point . She's in a dark room but still pops out like a lightbulb
>>
So how is Tree of Savior doing now? The last time I read anything about it here was back in January. Is it at least fun to play? There were a whole lot of fucking complaints about it.

It's a shame because I love the games OST and aesthetics but actually playing it might spoil that for me. Kind of like Valhalla or whatever the fuck that bartending visual novel is.
>>
>>382781903
>/vg/ faggot
Kill yourself Balmung shitter
Go ERP under a train
>>
File: calm down.jpg (3KB, 125x101px) Image search: [Google]
calm down.jpg
3KB, 125x101px
>>382782324
>>
>>382782282
its gotten much worse, it looks neat from a distance just let it stay that way.
>>
elite dangerous would be a decent mmo if it wasn't so empty
>>
>>382779786
Path of Exile give you enough space unless you are trying to merch instead of just playing the damn game. With that said though it does give you the best value in terms of supporting the game but honestly the whales are keeping the servers up as it is, it really don't need anymore support from normal players.
>>
Will the next tiers have more FFV bosses?
>>
>>382782202
>Darkroom
That's Gridania Adventure Guild, which has plenty of light around.
>>
File: Smoldering_Moloch.jpg (676KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Smoldering_Moloch.jpg
676KB, 1920x1080px
>>382770579
>>382766576
Tera's combat is pretty enjoyable because it's somewhere inbetween the classic style of WoW/FFXIV and the action style of Vindictus I would say.

It's enjoyable. The game itself might not have too much going for it with standard quests, lame pvp (although it at least has open world pvp, ganking other people who level is fun) but it has Big Ass Monsters aka BAMs that are really fun to solo with the combat the game has.

Added bonus of it being f2p with one of the most fair and least p2w cash shops any game has ever had, not hard to just trade some gold for the things too.
>>
There need to be laws against gachapon and other loot crate shit. It's gambling for kids, and the developers should be fined for this until they remove it or age restrict it.
>>
>>382783343
the problem i have with poe's cash shop is the prices for everything seem too high, then again none of it is actually necessary so it doesnt really matter
>>
>>382776346
Pretty fun when you take it at your own pace but once you get to the "endgame" its P2W
>>
>>382784567
That's true, sometimes I feel like "yeah I would support this with a bit, but this armor I want is SIXTY bucks"
>>
>>382785098
even something as simple as a pet is like $15
>>
>>382785334
I really want that cowboy armor but it's in the second supporter pack
fuck
>>
>>382785402
At least with supporter packs you also get the points to use in the shop.
>>
>>382766576
MMO are mmo. If they change anything, it will become either pubg or a moba. The only thing you can choose is the flavor (graphics).
>>
>>382783912
It doesn't actually matter. The lighting barely changes even if you put her in a dark room. The game looks really cheap because of that. SE could probably adjust it a bit now that they've dropped PS3 support.
>>
>>382785640
>it will become a pubg
a what now
>>
>>382785640
honestly people say moba's killed rts but i think they really hurt mmo's as well
>>
>>382780839
Nah that's Shroud of the Avatar, which looks unappealing in almost every way.
>>
>>382785875
Playerunknown's Battleground, featuring Playerunknown from the Playerunknown series.
>>
What are the optimal item accuiring setup for the Omega?
>>
>>382786612
ah

actually MMORPGs are more likely to head towards something like Ark, Dark&Light or that zombie survival game that started it all whose name eludes me
>>
>>382785640
It's pretty evident that you are completely clueless. There are different kinds of MMOs that are nothing alike outside of the MMO factor.
Thread posts: 143
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.